2019 Season tickets.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 2019 Season tickets.

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Nov 2018, 13:27

Agree with this Brayton but the world is revolving around promoting women in sport, nothing against that, but sometimes this can overtake and often replace other initiatives within the sport/club.

If the choice were to promote a women team instead of a 19s then we are seriously risking the future of the club as we don't and can't spend as others do. The juniors are the future of the club as are the fans. By all means promote the womens team but alongside and not instead of our future.

Remember players like Hardisty, Hepworth, Reilly, Johnson, Joyner, Marchant, Sampson, Clark and now Truman, to name but a few, came from the juniors and academies.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 22 Nov 2018, 13:54

braytontiger wrote:
gateman wrote:Season tickets are not the bargain they used to be, though retired I miss a number of matches through different reasons , anyone that are in work must miss more, I get a bit more value by attending the under 19s, even these are mostly played on a Thursday night clashing with the TV games, I have advocated on here that Sunday afternoon when the first team have no game would increase our gates for these matches,

Its all down to how we advertise the 19s game overall,we regularly see gates of 4/500 for the ladies team which is constantly on social media in the build up to a game,people know who the players are,highlights of the game are shown. Other than the odd player most wouldn't have a clue who our 19s players are or what there background/position is. I've even been at 19s games away from home where a team sheet/result hasn't even appeared or waited days to read a match report.
Ive been saying for ages the u19s are not promoted enough the womens team get advertised at least 3 times in that week 19s have very little pictures put on average 5 a game shocking the match reports are very poor if your scoring you get mentioned but its the lads that set the trys up like storey with carr he would not of scored a lot of them trys if it had not been for storey but media never mention the players that do all the work

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 22 Nov 2018, 22:05

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Agree with this Brayton but the world is revolving around promoting women in sport, nothing against that, but sometimes this can overtake and often replace other initiatives within the sport/club.

If the choice were to promote a women team instead of a 19s then we are seriously risking the future of the club as we don't and can't spend as others do. The juniors are the future of the club as are the fans. By all means promote the womens team but alongside and not instead of our future.

Remember players like Hardisty, Hepworth, Reilly, Johnson, Joyner, Marchant, Sampson, Clark and now Truman, to name but a few, came from the juniors and academies.
This isn’t about promoting the women’s game over the U19’s at all, the Women’s team are run completely separately to the men’s team and as a result their marketing folk are focused solely on the women’s game. The u19s rely on the main club marketing them which they don’t spend much time or focus on.

Women can get stronger without taking things away from
Men.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Nov 2018, 23:00

SREGITSAC wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Agree with this Brayton but the world is revolving around promoting women in sport, nothing against that, but sometimes this can overtake and often replace other initiatives within the sport/club.

This isn’t about promoting the women’s game over the U19’s at all, the Women’s team are run completely separately to the men’s team and as a result their marketing folk are focused solely on the women’s game. The u19s rely on the main club marketing them which they don’t spend much time or focus on.

Women can get stronger without taking things away from
Men.
Women game. Is amature and will never be any thing else unlike womens football who are full time now in top league just not enough money in rugby league but to say it could put the club in danger is ridiculous as for trueman he came through bradford juniors not Ares

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 23 Nov 2018, 08:18

I never said it was about promoting women instead of men. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Nov 2018, 10:36

The reason clubs are promoting the ladies teams is that it opens avenues to claim additional funds

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 23 Nov 2018, 12:51

I have advocated on here that Sunday afternoon when the first team have no game would increase our gates for these matches,[/quote]
Am sure that would increase attendance , Like most on here I love watching rugby league . I join mates at the local club to watch sky games Thursday n Friday as well as going to Cas games , but I would defo go to see u19s a lot more than at present .

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 23 Nov 2018, 13:21

I used to enjoy watching the under 19’s as a curtain raiser to first team games in the days of Danny Orr etc. Would that not be an option these days?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Nov 2018, 13:54

baldtiger wrote:I have advocated on here that Sunday afternoon when the first team have no game would increase our gates for these matches,
Am sure that would increase attendance , Like most on here I love watching rugby league . I join mates at the local club to watch sky games Thursday n Friday as well as going to Cas games , but I would defo go to see u19s a lot more than at present .[/quote]

I am one of the faithfull couple of hundred that attend the 19s and agree that the gates would go up if we played on Sunday afternoon why any of the clubs want to clash with sky games is beyond me

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 23 Nov 2018, 17:58

Do you have this post on a template gateman? :-" :-" :-"

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 23 Nov 2018, 18:03

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I used to enjoy watching the under 19’s as a curtain raiser to first team games in the days of Danny Orr etc. Would that not be an option these days?
Stuart doesn't like the field to be played on before a game. That's why amateur teams stopped playing mini curtain raisers and half time games.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Nov 2018, 10:18

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Do you have this post on a template gateman? :-" :-" :-"
I must admit I do tend to repeat myself but at 80 years of age I hope I can be forgiven for boring some of you

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Nov 2018, 10:22

You do well old lad don't worry about that hope I'm still going to games at your age
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 24 Nov 2018, 10:28

gateman wrote:
I must admit I do tend to repeat myself but at 80 years of age I hope I can be forgiven for boring some of you
Not at all,I only wish there were more like you promoting all levels of the game and it would be in a much healthier state than it is.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Nov 2018, 10:48

braytontiger wrote:
gateman wrote:
Not at all,I only wish there were more like you promoting all levels of the game and it would be in a much healthier state than it is.
Correct. Carry on Gateman.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Nov 2018, 07:53

gateman wrote:

You aren’t boring gateman, keep on posting young man :dance:

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Nov 2018, 13:29

Cas have just tweeted;
Due to a number of requests from Tigers fans, we have extended our early bird deadline to Sunday 2nd December at 6pm.

We remain on track to break the 4,000 barrier for season tickets for only the second time in the club’s history.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 26 Nov 2018, 13:34

Well I had made the decision not to renew based on my kids missing far too many games last year, but then spent all day Sunday feeling guilty so may still end up renewing!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Nov 2018, 14:05

3 to be bought in my family.
Hopefully next week.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Nov 2018, 14:12

heritage1926 wrote:Cas have just tweeted;
Due to a number of requests from Tigers fans, we have extended our early bird deadline to Sunday 2nd December at 6pm.

We remain on track to break the 4,000 barrier for season tickets for only the second time in the club’s history.
Well done Cas. It helps when people get paid at the end of the month.