next season

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: next season

Post by westerbeast » 05 Dec 2018, 23:02

tigerfeat wrote:Me too can't fancy Wigan at all...even if cas sign nobody I would still have them in top three because Powell will do what he does best get last ounce out of his troops
Yes until it actually counts for something SILVERWARE.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Dec 2018, 23:10

That's something he has to address ...for finding players improving players getting the max out of players he's up there with the best in the world id have Craig bellamy as the best but Powell would be up there no doubt in my mind about that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 05 Dec 2018, 23:45

tigerfeat wrote:That's something he has to address ...for finding players improving players getting the max out of players he's up there with the best in the world id have Craig bellamy as the best but Powell would be up there no doubt in my mind about that
He finds cheap players and makes them into great players but if it doesn't happen on the big stage the history books will not remember him at Cas fact.

Stokesey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stokesey » 06 Dec 2018, 00:08

He finds cheap players and makes them into great players but if it doesn't happen on the big stage the history books will not remember him at Cas fact.[/quote]

What a load of rubbish
Since he was the coach when Cas finished top of the league, he is already in history, and in 20 years will be remembered and recognised as a great of the club

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 06 Dec 2018, 00:29

Oh yes like all the other clubs didnt say it means nothing to win the hub cap. Do you not read the news. I suggest you get a grip on the reality of rugby league SILVERWARE before you start spouting your nonsense.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 06 Dec 2018, 00:51

westerbeast wrote:Oh yes like all the other clubs didnt say it means nothing to win the hub cap. Do you not read the news. I suggest you get a grip on the reality of rugby league SILVERWARE before you start spouting your nonsense.
hope he don't become remembered for the massive gamble that dint pay off for not improving on a all ready poor backline then again probably no choice if spent all dollars in bank on forwards all ready .

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Dec 2018, 09:21

We have the hardest task of gaining two points at the magic weekend but we have to start beating Saints at some time lets hope this year is our year, I cant remember us loosing a magic weekend game a may be wrong

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Dec 2018, 09:52

gateman wrote:We have the hardest task of gaining two points at the magic weekend but we have to start beating Saints at some time lets hope this year is our year, I cant remember us loosing a magic weekend game a may be wrong
We’ve been involved in 11 Magic Weekends. We’ve won 8 and lost 3, picking up 16 points. Only Wigan and Huddersfield can better that, but they’ve both played a game more (we missed 2007 due to relegation).

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 06 Dec 2018, 09:55

westerbeast wrote:Oh yes like all the other clubs didnt say it means nothing to win the hub cap. Do you not read the news. I suggest you get a grip on the reality of rugby league SILVERWARE before you start spouting your nonsense.
It will still be the first time we've won it so will go down in history....

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 06 Dec 2018, 10:04

BigBez10 wrote:
Grand final and Challenge Cup are the only SILVERWARE that means owt and we bottled both finals under Powell. He's a great coach but as not truly put us on the map yet and won't be remembered by any one other than Cas fans for hub cap. Needs to win one of the big 2 for other clubs to take notice of his achievements.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Dec 2018, 10:17

westerbeast wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:
Grand final and Challenge Cup are the only SILVERWARE that means owt and we bottled both finals under Powell. He's a great coach but as not truly put us on the map yet and won't be remembered by any one other than Cas fans for hub cap. Needs to win one of the big 2 for other clubs to take notice of his achievements.
Let’s forget about what is won when finishing 1st.
Since the club was formed we have NEVER been top of the tree, never.
Being the best club in 2017, and winning the league, meant the world to me.
After watching and supporting Castleford Tigers for over 60yrs I never in my wildest dream expected to see us achieve something I thought impossible.
Being number one in my life time something I thought I’d never see, I will cherish forever.
There’s fans out there in there 70’s and 80’s who must be ecstatic, I know I am.

The young fans of today need to cherish what they saw in 2017 because it may never happen again.
Who cares what they call the trophy, we were the number one team at the end of the regular season and still number one after the play off’s.

I’ve seen the club win challenge cups, my dream now is to get back to old Trafford and pick that GF trophy up. I’ll have the set then.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Dec 2018, 10:31

westerbeast wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:That's something he has to address ...for finding players improving players getting the max out of players he's up there with the best in the world id have Craig bellamy as the best but Powell would be up there no doubt in my mind about that
He finds cheap players and makes them into great players but if it doesn't happen on the big stage the history books will not remember him at Cas fact.
i give way to you on his record of not winning showpiece games and often his sides have just not performed i still think theres time at cas for him to turn that round ,if he ever went to leeds wigan or saints he would soon be winning c.cups and grand finals
i cant have he wont ever be remembered at cas hes done a fantastic job and you have to remember cas were garbage when he arrived to turn the team into a top four side even allowing for the disappointments is some achievement
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Dec 2018, 10:57

I disagree about us bottling the Challenge Cup final. We was just unfortunate that year to come up against one of the best ever Leeds teams in history. We had a very average and inexperienced team, who some were playing in their first and only final. We was also missing Carney, our biggest threat with suspension and Sneyd decided to have the worst game of his life and was hauled off at half time.

The Grand Final however, now there’s no excuses there, that playing group had enough quality and experience to see the job through. That will forever haunt me that we was that close, yet so far.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 06 Dec 2018, 11:03

old cas lass wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:
Let’s forget about what is won when finishing 1st.
Since the club was formed we have NEVER been top of the tree, never.
Being the best club in 2017, and winning the league, meant the world to me.
After watching and supporting Castleford Tigers for over 60yrs I never in my wildest dream expected to see us achieve something I thought impossible.
Being number one in my life time something I thought I’d never see, I will cherish forever.
There’s fans out there in there 70’s and 80’s who must be ecstatic, I know I am.

The young fans of today need to cherish what they saw in 2017 because it may never happen again.
Who cares what they call the trophy, we were the number one team at the end of the regular season and still number one after the play off’s.

I’ve seen the club win challenge cups, my dream now is to get back to old Trafford and pick that GF trophy up. I’ll have the set then.
This is great and I agree, forget what sky promote and forget what the media has us believe, coming first in any premiere division in any sport in the world is a big thing and should be looked at as an achievement.

And before people come out and say small town mentality, it’s not it’s cutting through the political bull in RL. We all want to win a CC or GF and as it goes in RL they are the bigger prizes and that’s the next step... hopefully in 2019.