Luke Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Luke Gale

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Dec 2018, 12:58

Taken from League Express;
Disappointing news for Castleford Tigers fans in this weeks newspaper, with a big update on the fitness of star man Luke Gale.
With a quote from someone within the club saying, ‘It looks like it may well be at the start of the season when he’s good to go’.

I know he's back in light training, so looks like he's going to miss the grunt of pre season.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Luke Gale

Post by the machine » 17 Dec 2018, 13:15

Nothing we didn't already know as per the starting 17 thread
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Dec 2018, 15:16

heritage1926 wrote:Taken from League Express;
Disappointing news for Castleford Tigers fans in this weeks newspaper, with a big update on the fitness of star man Luke Gale.
With a quote from someone within the club saying, ‘It looks like it may well be at the start of the season when he’s good to go’.

I know he's back in light training, so looks like he's going to miss the grunt of pre season.
League Express takes story from forum shock :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 17 Dec 2018, 16:56

Isn't he signing for Leeds anyway :D :D :D

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Dec 2018, 18:37

Andrew6666 wrote:Isn't he signing for Leeds anyway :D :D :D
He’s already made that mistake once in his life ;) ;)

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Dec 2018, 19:04

Na he is quite happy to stay at Cas and win nowt all his playing days.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Dec 2018, 19:18

Sharlotiger wrote:
Apart from LLS, Albert Goldthorpe Medal x 2, Man of Steel, International recognition....

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Dec 2018, 19:21

Fumper27 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Apart from LLS, Albert Goldthorpe Medal x 2, Man of Steel, International recognition....
:clap:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Dec 2018, 19:24

Fumper27 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Well said mate
Cas not be far away next year don't worry about that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Dec 2018, 20:49

having a fit Luke Gale will be like having a new player , we coped well last year in is absence Luke missing quiet a chunk of the season, any team would have missed him the way he was playing before his injury , on the flip side it gave Trueman his chance with which he took with both hands , I believe Cas will be among the front runners again next season

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Dec 2018, 09:18

Shame him and Trueman couldn't get a pre season together. That link up with them 2 and Mata'tiua next year are going to cause some damage.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Dec 2018, 10:23

heritage1926 wrote:Shame him and Trueman couldn't get a pre season together. That link up with them 2 and Mata'tiua next year are going to cause some damage.
if its half as good as it was with zak i would be happy. :pray:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Dec 2018, 13:21

ZAK is history , I must agree he was a special talent, but our new full back is no slouch in the few games he played I thought he performed well, that was without the man of steel making the breaks get Jake Trueman Luke Gale and him on the field together we will see some great try's

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Dec 2018, 14:58

gateman wrote:ZAK is history , I must agree he was a special talent, but our new full back is no slouch in the few games he played I thought he performed well, that was without the man of steel making the breaks get Jake Trueman Luke Gale and him on the field together we will see some great try's
Maybe think they will be close to try line Pete as no pace more pure power. no spectacular full length am affraid in less eden gets clear run but he needs a good centre at side off him .

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 18 Dec 2018, 17:03

flow wrote:
gateman wrote:ZAK is history , I must agree he was a special talent, but our new full back is no slouch in the few games he played I thought he performed well, that was without the man of steel making the breaks get Jake Trueman Luke Gale and him on the field together we will see some great try's
Maybe think they will be close to try line Pete as no pace more pure power. no spectacular full length am affraid in less eden gets clear run but he needs a good centre at side off him .
You only get 4 points wether you score from 1 yard or a 100 yards. This is a very different side to the one of 2017 but it might be one that's better suited to the slog of the play offs. Time will tell but I believe we are in a far better state than we were 12 months ago.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 18 Dec 2018, 18:46

braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:
You only get 4 points wether you score from 1 yard or a 100 yards. This is a very different side to the one of 2017 but it might be one that's better suited to the slog of the play offs. Time will tell but I believe we are in a far better state than we were 12 months ago.
This^^^

Couldn't care less how we score the tries aslong as they're scored
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

oldplayer 1

Post by oldplayer 1 » 18 Dec 2018, 19:02

the machine wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:
This^^^

Intresting you say this team suited for play offs is it not same team just about. That dint score a point in this years top play offs. 2017 was miles better balanced side .We would recruit if dint how money to fultons and have sold old ground but cant spend what u have not.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 18 Dec 2018, 19:40

oldplayer 1 wrote:
the machine wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:
This^^^

Intresting you say this team suited for play offs is it not same team just about. That dint score a point in this years top play offs. 2017 was miles better balanced side .We would recruit if dint how money to fultons and have sold old ground but cant spend what u have not.
Yes the same team that got nilled minus it's best forward "moors" an half back whilst the other played on one leg,we were down to our final 17 blokes and 4/5 of those wouldn't have played had anyone else been available. You also have to say Wigans defence was superb as they showed the following week only allowing Warrington a solitary try.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Dec 2018, 21:27

Good point brayton but could be still playing now and still wunt have scored . had that to three hours traveling to get there night best forgotten. I think the 2017 team and zak had not let us down would have beaten wigan that night no doubt so to say 2018 fully fit was better then 2017 team think your way off the mark old boy.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 18 Dec 2018, 22:19

flow wrote:Good point brayton but could be still playing now and still wunt have scored . had that to three hours traveling to get there night best forgotten. I think the 2017 team and zak had not let us down would have beaten wigan that night no doubt so to say 2018 fully fit was better then 2017 team think your way off the mark old boy.
At what point did I say it was better? I said it was a very different team that could be better suited if you like to the grind of play off games. The last two league leaders ourselves and saints blew the leagues apart scoring for fun but its brutal defence and toughness that wins the day come Old Trafford in October.
I wouldn't swap our 2017 league leaders shield but given the choice now I'd sooner grind out a grand final win than run away with the league but fail when it matters.