Leeds on Sunday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds on Sunday

Post by Aid » 20 Jan 2019, 23:22

Really enjoyed the game, For a "friendly" it was a cracker. If Rankin had his kicking boots on we would have been out of sight. As it was closeness of the contest made it all the more exciting and tense.

Foster added that bit of physicality in the centres that we thought had left with Jake Webster. James Claire is definitely no "Sticks" any more he is a big lad. Took his tries exceptionally well.

A bit rusty but blowing the cobwebs away is what friendlies are for.

All in all a good run out that augers well for the season ahead

AND we won a trophy!
cum on you Ford

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Jan 2019, 23:51

Keithy wrote:I just love reading how everyone on this forum knows exactly what issues we have have in every position on the pitch and how Daryl and his team should rectify every single one of these issues. Makes great reading and brightens up any evening when there's jack [REMOVED] on tv.
Keep it up guys.
its posts like this that makes me wish we had a like emoji.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Jan 2019, 00:31

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-24-castleford-tigers-26-skipper-watkins-scores-on-leeds-return-but-tigers-edge-his-testimonial-clash-1-9547463

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jan 2019, 01:33

my sum up off todays game not wearing tinted glasses, first off was a cracking game for friendly plenty off commitment from both sides . trueman was best player on pitch shenton rolled back the years a bit .Concern we still only attack down same side every attack. Foster is best in forwards cant pass the ball minikin touch ball about two times got to get another natural centre . Junior moor looked heaviest since being at cas about three stone out off condition. rankin went ok for is first game some thing to build on . Claire hard to judge scored two tries but let two in shocking second half . We still not found fullback for me we pace and skill that dorn and zak had . pete is solid but got pace off a forward brings note to attacking line . So to sum it up we will be in top half off league but to challenge for a major trophy for me we need natural centre and full back we pace and nows how to link with plays and maybe goal kicker lol

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jan 2019, 01:42

westerbeast wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:First 30 minutes we looked sharp, maybe one more friendly would have been helpful?
Rankin went well minus the kicking.
JSL playing in his actual position!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Exciting game for a friendly.

Looks like we’re going to get found out down the wings.
Wings/centres not Superleague standard, end of.
We have just beaten people’s tip on here for the league. And we are not super league standard seems to me like we are in pretty good shape
Did I say we as a team? No.

We will got found out down the wings.
For example, we let in three sloppy try’s they should have never had on both sides and on one occasion we ran into touch when we didn’t need to force it.

Do you believe our wings and centres are good enough?
Almost everyone realises WE NEED A CENTRE, I think we need two to be honest.

Foster is WASTED at centre, can I change my username to Foster is not a centre if JSL plays second row, where he should be.
Well if foster is not a centre he did a good job there today. Did you actually go to the match ??
I went to game hes not a centre cant pass a ball simple as that forward all day long minikin touch pall twice that's why we only attack down one side all day long today your deluded if you think we don't need another centre or full back play pete at centre

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Jan 2019, 02:00

Surely he's only going to have minimal touches though if, like you've said, we only attack down one side?

That's not his doing
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Jan 2019, 09:08

It's a good job I went to the game yesterday, had I not and come on here to read the comments, i'd of thought we'd been hammered and gone back to the Millward days.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Jan 2019, 09:48

Eden ,any news why he did not play ??

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 21 Jan 2019, 09:54

To play devils advocate about the goal kicking, all 6 were from the touchline. Even the best goal kickers miss from there. Whilst 1/6 isn't the best strike rate, it is something that can be worked on in training.

For a team that were, according to rumours, fighting in lumps earlier in the week, I thought we looked good. Didn't get much good ball in the second half, but when we did we scored. Thought the defence as a whole was pretty good. A few leaky try's down the wing, but again, nothing that makes me worry. For Handley's second try it was a two on one against Cal Turner (well, 3 on 1 with the size of Hurrell).

Mata'utia looked very good at the back, can see him having a great season now he is more aware of the plays and where he needs to be. Foster didn't give Hurrell an inch when he was defending against him, going against some opinions on here, I like him at centre. Thought our pack looked solid, got through some decent work!

Rankin has the potential to be a special player for us. One thing he have lacked is a half back that follows players when they make a break, can see him getting on the shoulder of a few of the forwards and making breaks. Can see him scoring a few try's for us this year!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Jan 2019, 10:05

I've been champion Foster for centre when it was clear we wasn't going to sign one. He will always put in a shift and very rarely let's you down. Not many SL centres are as big or aggressive as Hurrell and he handled him well.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jan 2019, 10:11

Agree about foster if we don't use the cap relief to bring a player in id defo play him at centre with either Clare or minikin on the wing
Can't have Clare minikin combo for me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Jan 2019, 10:31

Foster is too good to be left out of the 17. It would be daft to not take advantage of his versatility qualities, which can see him easily slot in to the centres. I believe he won a few MOM playing from there.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jan 2019, 12:00

Jonny1975 wrote:If you believe Rugby League Weekly , it suggests Widnes Vikings maybe facing administration. Now I'm not one for kicking a club when it's down, but is it worth taking a punt on Gelling for a season. Would certainly solve our centre problem.
Quota is now full isn't it

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jan 2019, 12:02

heritage1926 wrote:Foster is too good to be left out of the 17. It would be daft to not take advantage of his versatility qualities, which can see him easily slot in to the centres. I believe he won a few MOM playing from there.
off cause you would not leave foster out off 17 but second row or loose forward can still defend down that side we out playing centre . The lad is a great player but playing him a centre limits you options attacking every one off attacks went mainly down shentons side because foster not a natural centre cant pass the ball in planned moves .Teams will soon pick this up and become easy to defend against. Got to get a natural centre or fullback we speed and move pete up to centre we gales cap.
Last edited by flow on 21 Jan 2019, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jan 2019, 12:03

heritage1926 wrote:Foster is too good to be left out of the 17. It would be daft to not take advantage of his versatility qualities, which can see him easily slot in to the centres. I believe he won a few MOM playing from there.
Agreed. He will play every week if fit without a doubt. Either centre or 2nd row

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jan 2019, 12:03

JSLisnotaprop wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:First 30 minutes we looked sharp, maybe one more friendly would have been helpful?
Rankin went well minus the kicking.
JSL playing in his actual position!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Exciting game for a friendly.

Looks like we’re going to get found out down the wings.
Wings/centres not Superleague standard, end of.
We have just beaten people’s tip on here for the league. And we are not super league standard seems to me like we are in pretty good shape
Did I say we as a team? No.

We will got found out down the wings.
For example, we let in three sloppy try’s they should have never had on both sides and on one occasion we ran into touch when we didn’t need to force it.

Do you believe our wings and centres are good enough?
Almost everyone realises WE NEED A CENTRE, I think we need two to be honest.

Foster is WASTED at centre, can I change my username to Foster is not a centre if JSL plays second row, where he should be.
Well if foster is not a centre he did a good job there today. Did you actually go to the match ??
:lol:
I have the same question for the people saying Shenton played well... heaven forbid having a different opinion.

Foster is wasted at centre, much better second row.
He had a fantastic game at Magic Weekend at centre against Leeds.... that’s it.

We’ll get found out down the flanks, only a matter of time.

So did you go then ?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Jan 2019, 12:08

Just seen the highlights.
Our attack looked pretty good.
But by heck our defence out wide for some of the Leeds tries were dire.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 21 Jan 2019, 12:59

I don't think Foster is as terrible at passing like some are making out on here, and if playing foster at centre means we have a SR of McMeeken & JSL, I'd be more than happy with that, although understand the comments regarding the lack of pace in the backs.

Think Peanut is fantastic from the back, and safe as houses.

Hearing more than whispers that Eden has torn a muscle in his leg which would be gutting for the lad.

I'd be lining up very similar to how we did yesterday for the Catalan game.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 21 Jan 2019, 13:54

If we have to play Foster in the centres it really does show our lack of three quarters. Foster does a job but is far better in the back row, great lad to have on the bench.

Ronnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ronnie » 21 Jan 2019, 14:18

gateman wrote:Eden ,any news why he did not play ??
Saw Eden after the game and said he had a slight quad strain, was nothing major, didn't want to risk it and should be OK for Catalan game