Leeds on Sunday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds on Sunday

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Jan 2019, 12:18

The "new coach" factor, new ideas, new found confidence, determination to impress. More factors than just new players. I think they will be dangerous this year.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 18 Jan 2019, 13:06

Squad for Sunday

24. Cory Aston
2. James Clare
21. Mitch Clark
18. Matt Cook
5. Greg Eden
17. Alex Foster
14. Nathan Massey
1. Peter Mata’utia
12. Mike McMeeken
9. Paul McShane
10. Grant Millington
13. Adam Milner
3. Greg Minikin
16. Junior Moors
32. Jordan Rankin
15. Jesse Sene-Lefao
4. Michael Shenton
6. Jake Trueman
27. Calum Turner
8. Liam Watts

Does this put to bed the rumours of broken jaws etc etc..?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jan 2019, 13:15

cogito ergo sum wrote:The "new coach" factor, new ideas, new found confidence, determination to impress. More factors than just new players. I think they will be dangerous this year.
looking at there side for sunday definite top four contenders if there two half-backs form a good combination
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Jan 2019, 13:26

cogito ergo sum wrote:The "new coach" factor, new ideas, new found confidence, determination to impress. More factors than just new players. I think they will be dangerous this year.
Plus Watkins back fit, I'm with you, I think Leeds will be knocking on the door again this year

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Jan 2019, 13:27

Were is the elusive Benny ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 18 Jan 2019, 13:39

Strong and well balanced squad on paper,not too perturbed about Roberts absence as it's almost becoming the norm and a chance for DP to play around with the formation. Would like to have had a couple more games pre season to sort that so a shame the Sheffield game was cancelled. Hopefully a few of the lesser lights will step up as they have in previous seasons.Will be interesting to see how we go against the revamped Rhinos could prove very informative. The salary cap dispensation could prove to be an ace up our sleeves whether we sign a half back or not, I would hope somewhere out there is a player who could improve our squad,and we have potential to offer a player plus cash deal for the right fit.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Jan 2019, 16:04

Good to see foster back.
Hope he continues were he left off before the injury.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 18 Jan 2019, 16:09

gateman wrote:Were is the elusive Benny ??????????????????????????????????????????????
It's winter. He's in hibernation.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Jan 2019, 16:17

Just seen a photo of Lolohea from the Leeds/Wakefield friendly. He's not a small lad is he :shock:

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Jan 2019, 20:09

gateman wrote:Were is the elusive Benny ??????????????????????????????????????????????
Injured no doubt

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 18 Jan 2019, 20:12

heritage1926 wrote:Just seen a photo of Lolohea from the Leeds/Wakefield friendly. He's not a small lad is he :shock:
Tackle him around the legs and he falls over, simples.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Jan 2019, 21:32

Mucky1978 wrote:Can’t understand all these people who seem to think all of a sudden we will get smashed by Leeds.

Yeh they have added 2 half decent players but the rest are the same ones who were in the middle 8s last season.
2 new players plus watkins back. but on the downside jjb, ablett, cuthbertson, and ferres have a combined age of about 140.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Jan 2019, 09:10

westerbeast wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Just seen a photo of Lolohea from the Leeds/Wakefield friendly. He's not a small lad is he :shock:
What I meant is, he's fat as ****

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 19 Jan 2019, 12:19

heritage1926 wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
What I meant is, he's fat as ****
f f fafita?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Jan 2019, 12:57

Did anyone hear Fatfita moaning the other day about reduced substitutes? He reckons it’s not fair on the forwards. Yeah especially the fat overweight ones.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Jan 2019, 13:37

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Did anyone hear Fatfita moaning the other day about reduced substitutes? He reckons it’s not fair on the forwards. Yeah especially the fat overweight ones.
Thats funny as some Wakey clown on here other day was claiming he did 60 mins per game. Can't remember which thread it was on

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 Jan 2019, 13:45

Looking forward to seeing how we fair against the Rhinos,new coach new players,new stand.
We have an opportunity to put down a marker.
Pity about Gale but we faired well without him for a fair chunk of last season.
Being a friendly we will not see the effect of reduced interchanges.
Our forwards are all capable of big minutes so l think it may favour our pack and the way we play.
I think it will be a hard game and Watkins will be keen to show what the Headingley faithful have been missing .
However l fancy us for this one.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Jan 2019, 18:55

fords wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Did anyone hear Fatfita moaning the other day about reduced substitutes? He reckons it’s not fair on the forwards. Yeah especially the fat overweight ones.
Thats funny as some Wakey clown on here other day was claiming he did 60 mins per game. Can't remember which thread it was on
Yea i saw that but to be honest i think he does a fair few minutes but usually in 3 stints less subs means hed have to only do 2 stints
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 19 Jan 2019, 19:28

I’m surprised people think leeds will be challengers this year. Mostly the same team. The three big signings they have made aren’t exactly fantastic. Merrin is the definition of a plodder from what I’ve seen. Hurrell can be fantastic but equally has games where he is awful. And loleheia is best described as bang average in my opinion. A lot of money spent but not a lot gained from it imo

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 Jan 2019, 20:08

Leeds tiger wrote:I’m surprised people think leeds will be challengers this year. Mostly the same team. The three big signings they have made aren’t exactly fantastic. Merrin is the definition of a plodder from what I’ve seen. Hurrell can be fantastic but equally has games where he is awful. And loleheia is best described as bang average in my opinion. A lot of money spent but not a lot gained from it imo
They have the potential to be very very good this year they lacked a creative coach last year a solid halve to play alongside myler they missed Watkins for a fair bit they have potentially two of the best centres in the comp if hurrel and Watkins keep fit and reach there potential outside them anyone could be up in the top scorers the bit they may come unstuck with is there pack.
Defo should be considered contenders imo. 2 or three injury's to key players and they could come a cropper imo