Future of the forum

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Future of the forum

Post by yorky » 17 Jan 2019, 15:50

i would miss the forum greatly as i look in several times each day & living in york this forum is the only place where i can find what i call inside info on our club.
its annoying to read forum threads highjacked with bitterness & stray off topic but thats the way forums can go, thankfully this forum is not all like that.
i would also say a big thank you to Matt & the mods for trying to run it as i know its not easy being a moderator myself on a forum that was absolute murder at times, thankfully peace has broken out for now?

i hope it continues & that Matt can find the resources & time to keep it going.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 Jan 2019, 16:20

Even though I live a lot closer to Cas now than I have done for many years, this forum is important for me to catch up on whats going on. Sometimes the info is bang on, sometimes it's miles off, but it gives a good link to keep in touch. I'm not a user of social media and don't plan on being either. We've all had little disagreements on here at some point, but it has never escalated into anything, just different people sharing opinions. Over the last couple of months things have changed and a lot of newcomers have come on here, seemingly, just looking for trouble or to have a pop at someone/the club. I read all of the stupidity, but don't get drawn into commenting as its not how it should be around here.I have no clue why. I really hope that the forum carries on, but starts to get back to how it used to be and not what it is starting to become.

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 17 Jan 2019, 16:25

Nail on the head Derbystiger.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jan 2019, 17:26

If regular posters stop coming on and numbers go down so helping to put the future of the forum in doubt the people who have signed up to spread doom and gloom will be laughing out loud and will increase there posting ...such is life
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Jan 2019, 12:12

I'm still supportive of this forum, it's a great place for non local people to find out goings on and info about our club. There is nothing else close.

The naysayers and doom mongerers, make it a pretty depressing place at times. It's driving away the people that have something valuable to contribute, none less than huddstiger and keeping us up to date with the new ground.

I've been watching and reading from the wings and hoping it'll change come the season start.

Cas are in the best positron we've been in since I've been watching, which is 40 years. It's great to be a Cas fan.

pomfretian
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pomfretian » 19 Jan 2019, 14:24

For what it's worth I post rarely but check in a few times a week as it can be interesting to see a topic and then choose to read further, so keep it going, please.

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 19 Jan 2019, 14:43

I check the forum at least daily it to me is the best place to find news on cas tigers much better than Facebook

Keep up the good work I say

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 19 Jan 2019, 15:46

I am a regular reader but part time poster as i dont live in cas it keeps me informed about the club the supporters and the new ground so its a yes from me.
Keep up the brilliant work Matt.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Jan 2019, 15:58

Just a suggestion here so don’t shoot me down! There seems to be quite a few regular readers that don’t post very often. In order to create an active and enjoyable forum the more the merrier in my opinion, so if you guys joined in a little more it may help to keep things alive and kicking. Everyone has an opinion on things, don’t be afraid to make it known here.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 19 Jan 2019, 21:02

I apologise to those who I upset.
I only want to be proud of my home town club.
I am taking a more relaxed view and whilst I know I say things that many disagree with it is with the hope we get improvement.
I don’t agree with posters who take the club line and fail to look at things in an objective way .
However it’s a forum for ALL opinions.
Long may it continue
Robbo ( Andrew)
Truth is always best !

p.s.
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by p.s. » 19 Jan 2019, 21:09

I would certainly miss the forum, I don't go on social media but usually check the forum most days. I have followed it for many years and don't live in Cas. I once posted, when we were rumoured to be interested in signing Luke Gale that Garry Schofield had suggested that Leeds buy him from Bradford. Someone replied that it was the worst post ever posted on here. Fame at last!

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 19 Jan 2019, 21:49

Another long-time lurker and long distance fan here.

I check the forum all the time, though I try to avoid it where I might find a game result before it is shown on Tiger TV.

I would miss it if it went away and appreciate all the work that goes into keeping it around.

Some of the anti-social behavior is disappointing, but sadly its typical of the internet. We should all try to treat one-another better, not just on casforum...

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 20 Jan 2019, 04:03

Please don’t shut down, I always read this form every day, sometimes I’m checking it all the time if I know somethings about to break, this is where I come to first, before any social media and I’m into all the social media platforms in a big way, but this is my first port of call !!

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 20 Jan 2019, 11:23

Not on any other form of social media so this is my best shot at keeping up to date as I live outside cas too. It’s always strange on here in the off season but hope the forum can carry on

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 21 Jan 2019, 00:09

Would be a real shame if it closed. But the constant stream of negativity is depressing. If Cas win a game of rugby league the thread on the victory is always very small but put even the daftest negative rumour about the Castleford Tigers up and there are plenty ready to pile in and have a go at the club, the management, the board, indeed everything and everyone involved in the club. It is meant to be a "fans" forum ie for "supporters" of the club but too many posters seem to relish only the negative, the defeats, the misfortunes and mishaps. Like I said is often just depressing.
Having said all that I hope it does not shut down
cum on you Ford

Maverick1

Post by Maverick1 » 21 Jan 2019, 09:13

I am an infrequent poster but regular reader of the forum and have been for many years. Like other users I do not live in or near Castleford any more so the forum provides a source of information. It does suffer from the problems of other social media platforms and I do find things irritating at times, principally the inability to stick to the thread topic.
However, I would be sorry to see it go.

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 21 Jan 2019, 16:26

Let's be honest, 90%+ of the stuff posted on here is opinion, hearsay, rumour or info freely available in the public domain. Posters who put on stuff that people want to hear (particularly concerning the new ground) are hailed as heroes whilst those posting more realistically are shouted down and labelled heretics. Whatever happens to this forum there will be an outlet for all those who want to vent their spleen...

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 21 Jan 2019, 19:16

Is it venting?
Opinions are diverse and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Nobody is investing money but discussing the club we all love.

I think the forum is useful
Robbo
Truth is always best !

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 21 Jan 2019, 23:58

So one of the issues that has been brought up in regards to some members maybe taking it too far etc can be addressed but we'd need more people on board who's able to keep an eye on things. While I and I'm sure the other mods/admins glance over the threads it's hard to pick up on everything and in some cases unless it's reported or PM'd to one of us it can go unnoticed.

I'm aware that the mod/admin team is thin on numbers and if anyone wants to come forward to be a mod it would be a great help. All I ask is that you're active and you've been a member for a decent period of time (helps with trustworthiness / saves me having to restore the everything if you delete all the posts :lol: ).
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Jan 2019, 14:02

I would not want to lose the forum at all.

For me, if you truly want a debate then you have to accept that some will criticise your comments. It's a question of give and take from everyone with the good old pinch of salt thrown in. Personal insults are unnecessary but at the end of the day they should cause no harm.

Keep it going for as long as poss...
Spreading the Cas gene pool