London next week

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: London next week

Post by Bolton-tiger » 17 Feb 2019, 10:28

Is this game on sky?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Feb 2019, 10:40

Bolton-tiger wrote:Is this game on sky?
Yes

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Feb 2019, 14:54

talking to the Wakefield supporters who use our WMC they were not impressed by the facility's they said there was a chap taking entrance fees with just a bag like we do at Normy , in a joke I asked them if they wanted us to take the seats they ripped out back, if so I would see what I could do

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 17 Feb 2019, 15:18

gateman wrote:talking to the Wakefield supporters who use our WMC they were not impressed by the facility's they said there was a chap taking entrance fees with just a bag like we do at Normy , in a joke I asked them if they wanted us to take the seats they ripped out back, if so I would see what I could do
I can imagine the facilities will be improved at Trailfinders over the coming years. We & Wakefield fans can hardly complain we've promised alot for nearly 20 years!

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 17 Feb 2019, 22:36

After seeing the highlights on sky sports londons defence at times was very soft against kr so lets hope they keep it that way for when they pkay us.if they do we will have a field day

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 18 Feb 2019, 10:51

We went down for the opening game, we ended up drinking at the Duke of Kent, a steady ten minute walk to the ground. A bit of a tip/info. When we went there were no overland trains on the Sunday, online our return tube tickets were gonna be £13 each, for four of us, £52, as we sat in the bar in St Pancras one of our group checked the price of an Uber cab. The taxi was £19 each way and took 15 minutes (ish). Uber £38 return, tube including changes was £52 return for four of us. Plus don't go to Perivale for a beer, the landlord of the Duke of Kent explained that it's a Quaker area and no pubs allowed. :)

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 18 Feb 2019, 16:54

Stokesey wrote:Where is the best pub near the ground for meeting
Green Dragon in Ponte, feet up, cheap beer and watch it on telly. Never know, might see Zak doing his usual dance on a table later on after the game.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 19 Feb 2019, 15:22

Bit of a quandary for me this week, I like Danny Ward, have spent some laughs at the Trailfinders and I don't want London to finish bottom.
BUT, I want us at the top more than my feelings for London. (Confession is I will be at a work event watching Kick and Clap - Wasps and Sale - Might be able to "cheer on" Denny.

I think this is a danger game for us, crap travel, new surface, week off, could be sloppy and London set their stall out in round 1 that they can win if we play badly. We should have enough, but no short cuts.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Feb 2019, 12:15

mdean wrote:Bit of a quandary for me this week, I like Danny Ward, have spent some laughs at the Trailfinders and I don't want London to finish bottom.
BUT, I want us at the top more than my feelings for London. (Confession is I will be at a work event watching Kick and Clap - Wasps and Sale - Might be able to "cheer on" Denny.

I think this is a danger game for us, crap travel, new surface, week off, could be sloppy and London set their stall out in round 1 that they can win if we play badly. We should have enough, but no short cuts.
In all the matches. Including friendlies, we had patches of really good play and some not so good. But all wins. I'm seeing a defensive ethos and a grind. I think we'll not give them a sniff.

I just hope we've spent some time on a 3g pitch getting used to it. Oh, and no injuries.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Feb 2019, 13:14

mart0042 wrote:
mdean wrote:Bit of a quandary for me this week, I like Danny Ward, have spent some laughs at the Trailfinders and I don't want London to finish bottom.

In all the matches. Including friendlies, we had patches of really good play and some not so good. But all wins. I'm seeing a defensive ethos and a grind. I think we'll not give them a sniff.

I just hope we've spent some time on a 3g pitch getting used to it. Oh, and no injuries.
Anybody know if the Football Factory is 3G?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 20 Feb 2019, 13:23

I think Benny put a photo up on Instagram saying "Office for the day" and they were at a 3G pitch.

Could well be preparing for the game on Saturday

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 20 Feb 2019, 14:05

I'm sure they are. They do a lot of stuff at football factory.

It so astonishes me when teams play on it and the ball bounces true and they seem shocked by it.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Feb 2019, 19:28

Let's be honest, wakey went assuming they would be whipping boys and it would be easy win. Since then they have been nilled at Salford and beat comfortably at Hull KR.

If we go with the right attitude and play to our normal standards it should be a straight forward win no doubt about it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Feb 2019, 23:34

mart0042 wrote:I'm sure they are. They do a lot of stuff at football factory.

It so astonishes me when teams play on it and the ball bounces true and they seem shocked by it.
powell said they would be having 2 sessions at woodlesford this week.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Vince1986
Twitter: @vincenzobelfior

Post by Vince1986 » 21 Feb 2019, 00:19

Just saw the website we sold 600 tickets to the game. Could be more by the time I write this post.That's good support coming down to London.

Show the country why we have the best supporters in the world.
I see you there on Saturday.

GO TIGERS

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 21 Feb 2019, 09:56

Vince1986 wrote:Just saw the website we sold 600 tickets to the game. Could be more by the time I write this post.That's good support coming down to London.

GO TIGERS
Let's show them that Cas supporters know how to behave after the shameful behaviour of some Wakey 'fans' when they visited and ripped seats out because they were losing. :hand:
#COYF

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 21 Feb 2019, 10:49

orrsome wrote:
Vince1986 wrote:Just saw the website we sold 600 tickets to the game. Could be more by the time I write this post.That's good support coming down to London.

GO TIGERS
Let's show them that Cas supporters know how to behave after the shameful behaviour of some Wakey 'fans' when they visited and ripped seats out because they were losing. :hand:
#COYF
Agreed. Anybody shaming us should be named and shamed.

Since the RFL love to fine us, let's not give them an opportunity.

Tbh, we are quite good, especially as we take numbers everywhere we go.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Feb 2019, 11:06

No reason to expect any problems from cas fans don't know why it's even being mentioned
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Feb 2019, 11:34

From how London fans described some of the people responsible, I believe the 'accused' were a bus load from Normy who had been on a day drinking session up to the game.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 21 Feb 2019, 13:29

Can we realistically expect between 7/800 down there on Saturday? I think so, should be a great day. Duke of Kent sounds like its the place to meet up?