Jon Wells.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Jon Wells.

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Mar 2019, 15:14

HuddsTigers wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Wasn't Wells at the 'Meet the Directors' event last night? Perhaps someone can give us an idea of how he came across?
Key points JW said taken from someone who was there on Twitter:

* 1 significant iron in the fire for next season
* In his year as Director of Rugby he says he's learned a lot and it's about mid to long term planning. He says to judge him a year from now
* Injuries are a result of hard training - trying to replicate games in training
* Benefits of not using marquee means no large sums invested in 1 player
* No plans to spend Gale dispensation as of yet - always pressure to spend on squad. No team has a perfect squad. DP has stated doesn't like the marquee signing, but hard for coaches to justify spending big on 1 player. Club is supportive.
* With 2nd and 3rd marquee players coming in plus Wigan getting off SC points deduction, game may as well be heading back to free for all.

There were also some comments about his job with sky/Sky involvement but there wasn't much posted around this.
Thanks for that Hudds, always welcome but I was more interested in his persona rather than the content.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 13 Mar 2019, 15:48

One magnificent iron in fire for next season ?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Mar 2019, 15:55

Tigersbarmy wrote:One magnificent iron in fire for next season ?
Significant let's hope it's magnificent as well...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 13 Mar 2019, 20:00

I attended last year when it was Jon’s first week and he came across well then. I doubt he will have come across anything other than that last night, an articulate, educated and passionate guy. He’s a intelligent chap and he loves the club.

He’s been given a tough job because it was newly incepted and had little structure, this time last year he couldn’t say what his role would entail. 12 months on he’s given it some shape, delivered some signings and put a strategy in place, it’s how he executes that strategy and what that strategy delivers that will be the true test of him.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 28 Mar 2019, 10:18

are squad is looking thinner then my hair for quality off players , we need jon wells to be given the financial go ahead to find one or two players who are not just gap fullers or we will be dragged to wrong end off table . If Salford can keep finding players surely we can . wells as being giving this task we need him now to act quick not waiting till the [REMOVED] really hits the fan. 8-[

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Mar 2019, 10:37

Are you the French policeman from Allo Allo? Every time I read a post of yours, which isn’t very often by the way, the French policeman springs to mind.. :-" :-" :-"

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 28 Mar 2019, 11:39

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Are you the French policeman from Allo Allo? Every time I read a post of yours, which isn’t very often by the way, the French policeman springs to mind.. :-" :-" :-"
Good moaning I was [REMOVED] by your window

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 28 Mar 2019, 11:41

Tres Amusant.
Is ze coast clear?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Apr 2019, 19:17

Hope its Daniel Smith and Dylan Walker but more likely be Smith n Minns
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Apr 2019, 19:30

Hope not ...one thing for sure the support that's been built up will drift away again quickly unless one or two good signings arnt made soon
Vince Lombardi

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 01 Apr 2019, 19:47

jackknife wrote:Hope its Daniel Smith and Dylan Walker but more likely be Smith n Minns

I was thinking Minns until he says 'we have been offered players but we want the right fit'

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Apr 2019, 19:54

The arrival of a outside back may take a little time lol a year since he first tried to sign a replacement for Jake
He's having a laugh int he
Vince Lombardi

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 01 Apr 2019, 19:56

tigerfeat wrote:The arrival of a outside back may take a little time lol a year since he first tried to sign a replacement for Jake
He's having a laugh int he

to be fair, I've heard various things about players such as Inu; VaiVai and Williame why they didn't sign. Fitness, Off field issues and Over pricing themselves amongst the reasons it hasn't worked.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 01 Apr 2019, 20:31

Our recruitment seems to go like this...

Hello, it’s Craig do you want to sign him

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 01 Apr 2019, 21:23

For what it worth , I've heard from a previously reliable source that Daniel Smith is a done deal , and I'm surprised it hasn't already been announced.
Work on Gelling continues but is also expected to get over the line very shortly.

I'm like alot of posters on here, fed up that recruitment seems to centre around Craig Harrison dumping his mediocrity on us, who if I'm not misled sponsors Leeds Rhinos socks.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 01 Apr 2019, 21:42

tallguyx wrote:Our recruitment seems to go like this...

Hello, it’s Craig do you want to sign him
:lol:

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 01 Apr 2019, 22:01

Jonny1975 wrote:For what it worth , I've heard from a previously reliable source that Daniel Smith is a done deal , and I'm surprised it hasn't already been announced.
Work on Gelling continues but is also expected to get over the line very shortly.

I'm like alot of posters on here, fed up that recruitment seems to centre around Craig Harrison dumping his mediocrity on us, who if I'm not misled sponsors Leeds Rhinos socks.
I thought Leeds sock sponsor was something to do with him, but I think it’s a vehicle security firm.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 02 Apr 2019, 08:19

castigers2010 wrote:
Jonny1975 wrote:For what it worth , I've heard from a previously reliable source that Daniel Smith is a done deal , and I'm surprised it hasn't already been announced.

I thought Leeds sock sponsor was something to do with him, but I think it’s a vehicle security firm.
SMUK - CCTV and security systems for fleets

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 02 Apr 2019, 14:01

Why are we looking at or have already signed a player that wasn’t good enough for Wakefield/Huddersfield And currently playing for featherstone don’t we have any ambition at all.