Massey

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Massey

Post by westyorkylad » 13 Mar 2019, 13:28

Echoing many of the sentiments on here in that NM is a good solid performer and an excellent squad forward, does many of the little things right that add up to a good team performance.

Personally I have rated the guy for a number of years now, you cannot have a pack made up of Ben Murdoch Masselas all making line breaks every two minutes in a salary capped sport, you need good quality squad forwards and NM fits the bill perfectly.

I also think he has another very useful quality that is often overlooked, durability, he doesn't miss many games a year and that is a big plus from a coaches point of view.......

Well done NM much deserved and I look forward to watching you play for the Tigers for another two years :clap:

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 13 Mar 2019, 13:55

Good to see Mass staying and with all this goodwill towards him maybe it is about time he was rewarded for his years of loyalty with a much deserved Testimonial season.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Mar 2019, 14:02

cogito ergo sum wrote:
flow wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Love all the positivity about Nat. If most posters on here had had their way last year, he'd be gone right now!
think that's why most people have said he is most improved, people do get better and prove people wrong some times why the little digs at posters on here you looking for a reaction lol. :-" :-"
Got one...

Making the point Flow (which is the function of a forum) that there are two possibilities here, either Nat has suddenly improved out of sight after 14 years at the club or many posters don't have much idea about what they watch every week. I was one standing up for Nat during the "Nat bashing" period, so am obviously delighted for him.
I was another one standing up for Massey, he’s always done what DP has asked him to do. Going back to our fantastic season of 2017, he played a very big part in getting the ball played from where the playmakers wanted it. Gale told him where he needed the next play the ball, Massey made sure it happened for him. Simple, but very effective in what he does is Nathan. There are not many as good as him at finding his front and getting a quick PTB, you dont often see him put on his back. You dont have to break tackles every carry or go the length of the field to be an integral part of how the team operates. Keep up the good work Massey lad.

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 13 Mar 2019, 16:07

Vastly improved over the last couple of years (as I suppose most props do). I'll hold my hand up and say I wasn't overly impressed with him a few years ago, but now, he just does all that is asked / required of him. Well deserved.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Mar 2019, 17:56

Glad we have Massey secured for another couple of years. By my reconning we have the followed not signed beyond this season:-

Minikin
Cook
Roberts
Clark
Maher
Ashton
Egodo
Gill
Rankin
Clarkson

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Mar 2019, 20:10

Tigerade wrote:Glad we have Massey secured for another couple of years. By my reconning we have the followed not signed beyond this season:-

Minikin
Cook
Roberts
Clark
Maher
Ashton
Egodo
Gill
Rankin
Clarkson
Solid reliable performer. Well deserved if you ask me.

We should resign

Minikin
Cook
Clark
Egodo
Gill
Rankin
Clarkson

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Mar 2019, 21:45

Yes - that would be my retention list. I recon it would come down to Ellis or Rankin as well - and I would prefer us to keep Rankin myself.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Mar 2019, 10:42

Rankin Ellis my selection for this position would be Richardson out on loan at Leigh from Saints whether they would let him come to us , I don't think so