Next .... Saints (H) Fri

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Next .... Saints (H) Fri

Post by Hepworth7 » 18 Mar 2019, 14:17

mart0042 wrote:How about adz to 9, macca to 7, rankin to 1 and peanut to centre. Risk and reward, adz might cool his engines a bit, macca more time to set moves....
Not the worst idea I've ever heard!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 18 Mar 2019, 14:19

Never understand people wanting to move Pete from FB the blokes been outstanding there since joining.

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 18 Mar 2019, 14:41

It's a no from me! Pete has been v solid at 1 and moving Mcshane from 9 to 7 imo we lose the special-ness he gives us from 9.
I thought at Wire last week and in the first half yesterday Mcshane wasnt his usual self. His second half performance was very good though. It was good to see him run a bit more with ball in hand.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 18 Mar 2019, 15:57

I think Saints have an outstanding team and every season they are challenging for honours,( or near enough) but, having watched two of their games on TV and being one of the crowd at Huddersfield, I have noticed that they are having a large proportion of Referees' decision go in their favour. No lover of the Rhinos', but I think they should have won that game apart from some bad calls by the officials, same again in first half at Huddersfield, although the Saints ran out worthy winners in the end. Just hope all calls are correct this Friday, ( not easy) but we have been undone by the officials against Saints in the past. If calls go against us Friday, it will be an even harder game to win. I don't blame any player for wrong calls, but there is a way to manipulate the Referees ( not bribery) to your way of giving a decision.
Last edited by fast hands on 18 Mar 2019, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2019, 15:58

Its along time since we have had a full back that can catch a ball I would not even consider moving him round gone are the days when a team put in an high kick and I closed my eves expecting the worse

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 18 Mar 2019, 16:29

gateman wrote:Its along time since we have had a full back that can catch a ball I would not even consider moving him round gone are the days when a team put in an high kick and I closed my eves expecting the worse
I thought we had the best in 2017

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 18 Mar 2019, 16:35

Dazzyb wrote:
gateman wrote:Its along time since we have had a full back that can catch a ball I would not even consider moving him round gone are the days when a team put in an high kick and I closed my eves expecting the worse
We did.Hardaker was absolute class for us and even though Pete is great, he isn't on Zak's level.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2019, 16:39

Swagger wrote:
Dazzyb wrote:
We did.Hardaker was absolute class for us and even though Pete is great, he isn't on Zak's level.
He is at the level Zak is playing now. May be the layoff, Wigan not going well, or something else. Zak was great for us, but Luke was playing then. I don't think Peanut has played alongside Gale yet.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Mar 2019, 16:47

Swagger wrote:
Dazzyb wrote:

Zaks 2019 level is no where near Peters.
2017 no one could touch Zak, he was definitely on another level.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 18 Mar 2019, 17:14

Don`t Saints always beat us? Is it just 3 wins in the last 23 years against them. They look as strong this season as last, it will be a big ask to roll them over.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2019, 17:31

Macca, sin bin sufficient. No suspension.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2019, 18:14

cogito ergo sum wrote:Macca, sin bin sufficient. No suspension.
that is a relief if any one can unlock Saints its Macca

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 Mar 2019, 18:45

I dont think we stand a chance in this game unfortunately we're nowhere near full strength an think coote, percival n grace will have a field day down our right hand side.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 18 Mar 2019, 18:53

I think we will win this one Saints don’t look half the team without Barba.

People go on about our right side but Grace can’t tackle to save is life.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 18 Mar 2019, 18:57

Mucky1978 wrote:I think we will win this one Saints don’t look half the team without Barba.

Doesn't need to tackle this week when we don't attack that side lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Mar 2019, 19:01

:lol:
the machine wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:I think we will win this one Saints don’t look half the team without Barba.

Doesn't need to tackle this week when we don't attack that side lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: funny comment but so true never

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 18 Mar 2019, 22:31

Saints are the masters at weedling out Penalties at the play the ball, mainly due to them moving 5 yards off the mark then collapsing to the ground whilst getting up. None more so than LMS. Let's make sure we let the Ref know each time they do it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Mar 2019, 09:17

All teams are at it the one that gets me mad is playing the ball onto someone who can't get out of way in ruck
Anybody who watched the nrl last weekend will have noticed the refs not blowing for penaltys when that happened
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 19 Mar 2019, 09:24

North Leeds Tiger wrote:Saints are the masters at weedling out Penalties at the play the ball, mainly due to them moving 5 yards off the mark then collapsing to the ground whilst getting up. None more so than LMS. Let's make sure we let the Ref know each time they do it.
Yep I notice that in their game at the weekend. Cas need to be raising this with the ref before the game and Shenton needs to be pointing it our, politely, during the game.
cum on you Ford

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 19 Mar 2019, 12:01

North Leeds Tiger wrote:Saints are the masters at weedling out Penalties at the play the ball, mainly due to them moving 5 yards off the mark then collapsing to the ground whilst getting up. None more so than LMS. Let's make sure we let the Ref know each time they do it.
Kyle Amor is adept at this, too. That's how they get their momentum and on a roll... technical penalties gained from the ptb, which mean easy yards. We need to cut those out, and make saints fight for every yard.