Next .... Saints (H) Fri

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Next .... Saints (H) Fri

Post by old cas lass » 22 Mar 2019, 23:06

Egodo next week for me, he’s now got to be tried.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 22 Mar 2019, 23:07

It goes without saying but we miss Gale massively, not only for his skills but for his on-field voice. We couldn’t have legislated for his injury. But not replacing Webster is hurting us. We look disorganised and weak in defence and toothless in attack on that side and side are targetting that. We need to find a solution quickly otherwise the season will likely be a disappointment.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 22 Mar 2019, 23:16

Bolton-tiger wrote:Lets see if powell drops eden for the leeds game after tonights performance by him.very poor by us tonight as a team all together.we definatly need something to shake their heads because i wouldnt like to watch many more games with that kind of performance by us.when its not you nighta its not your night and tonight was by far our worse game for a long time
Why would ya drop Eden yeh he had a bad game but doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

The whole right hand side is another matter.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Mar 2019, 23:17

Mucky1978 wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Lets see if powell drops eden for the leeds game after tonights performance by him.very poor by us tonight as a team all together.we definatly need something to shake their heads because i wouldnt like to watch many more games with that kind of performance by us.when its not you nighta its not your night and tonight was by far our worse game for a long time

Clare had a bad game and got dropped, same logic has to apply here
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Mar 2019, 23:18

old cas lass wrote:Egodo next week for me, he’s now got to be tried.
His positioning is awful too.

Konrad Hurrell is looking forward to next week for sure
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 22 Mar 2019, 23:33

Nu Shooze wrote:
init wrote:Apart from the odd game we are always hammered by Saints....so much for our mental attitude been addressed...

Cas players are beaten before a ball is kicked when we have Saints to play..mental all the way... we have said it so many times big game bottlers
Yeh, course they are, because that was such a massive game. Funny how it’s only when we lose they become ‘big games’.
Seriously!!!! Our own coach said it was our biggest test....our biggest game of the season against the best in the league...a chance to see where we are...I guess he must have known we were going to get hammered so he could say its ok its only a'big game' cause we lost.

We have lost 12 of 15 games at home against Sts ..... and are constantly hammered by them .... this was billed as a big game 1st vs 3rd....I love fans who just find it impossible to accept that we have a proven poor game history against Sts...we bottle it against this side constantly.....they have the mental edge its not just one offs...

Sometimes you have to accept that some teams have the edge on other teams and ours is Sts

So yes it was a big game and yes we were mentally beat imo before a ball was kicked as well as embarrassed in the game itself....big game bottlers imo......

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 22 Mar 2019, 23:34

the machine wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:

Exactly if you dont drop him its just saying you can have a shocker but its ok youl play next week when youve already dropped a player for playing poor in the same posistion the week befor.i dont think anyone can say after tonight that they would be confident in eden.i know hes rocks or diamonds but come on play smart not stupid like he does

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 22 Mar 2019, 23:36

Thing is if Eden doesn’t play Clare does and the bloke is slowest winger in league.

Leeds by 20 next week.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 22 Mar 2019, 23:36

old cas lass wrote:Maybe this game won’t matter in the long run.
But in the short term, how the hell is DP gonna sort them 17 players heads out in a week.
There confidence must have been rocked to the core.
What the hell as happened to Greg Eden, he looked like he’d never played the game in his life. Some shocking missed tackles, which happened last week, so nothing as been shorn up.
For the first minute we looked like rabbits in head lights. We froze.
This is a team who only 2 years ago won the LLS and playing champagne rugby, what’s happened. We look miles off them days.
It’s a real worry cost we stuttered through part of last season and we’ve continued this season. It’s a real worry.
What's happened is we've lost an international half back, an international full back, an ex international centre & our only remaining recognised centre is 33 and past his best.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Mar 2019, 23:39

Bolton-tiger wrote:
the machine wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:

Exactly if you dont drop him its just saying you can have a shocker but its ok youl play next week when youve already dropped a player for playing poor in the same posistion the week befor.i dont think anyone can say after tonight that they would be confident in eden.i know hes rocks or diamonds but come on play smart not stupid like he does
All players need that fear that a bad performance results in them getting bench time, what's point in a big squad otherwise
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Mar 2019, 23:45

I feel a bit sorry for foster he looked a real goodun last season playing in his proper position now he's got international players coming at him in the centre position with Rankin next to him who just can't tackle
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Mar 2019, 23:48

tigerfeat wrote:I feel a bit sorry for foster he looked a real goodun last season playing in his proper position now he's got international players coming at him in the centre position with Rankin next to him who just can't tackle
This would not have happened if a proper centre was brought in after they new Webster was going. Tried the cheap option and it's back fired big time.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 22 Mar 2019, 23:50

Clare was the only player to break a tackle all game. Not saying a lot for rest of the team

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Mar 2019, 23:51

St Albans tiger wrote:Clare was the only player to break a tackle all game. Not saying a lot for rest of the team
Didn’t Trueman do so at the end to score?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Mar 2019, 23:53

drleftie wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Maybe this game won’t matter in the long run.
But in the short term, how the hell is DP gonna sort them 17 players heads out in a week.
There confidence must have been rocked to the core.
What the hell as happened to Greg Eden, he looked like he’d never played the game in his life. Some shocking missed tackles, which happened last week, so nothing as been shorn up.
For the first minute we looked like rabbits in head lights. We froze.
This is a team who only 2 years ago won the LLS and playing champagne rugby, what’s happened. We look miles off them days.
It’s a real worry cost we stuttered through part of last season and we’ve continued this season. It’s a real worry.
What's happened is we've lost an international half back, an international full back, an ex international centre & our only remaining recognised centre is 33 and past his best.
That’s why we should of recruited drieftie.
It’s madness that we didn’t.

Jenson

Post by Jenson » 22 Mar 2019, 23:58

Not sure why people are moaning about our backs. They weren't the issue tonight. Saints dominated our middle and built off the back of it. Have all the world class backs you want but they can't do anything if the opposition is constantly winning the ruck and standing our middle men up square.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Mar 2019, 00:28

The really worrying thing for me was how our pack were completely outplayed by the saints forwards everybody knows the weakness in the backs but the way our forwards performed that surprised me tonight I must say
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Mar 2019, 00:51

Just seen the highlights
Some of them tries we let in were cringe worthy.
Lost for words.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Mar 2019, 01:11

old cas lass wrote:Just seen the highlights
Some of them tries we let in were cringe worthy.
Lost for words.
I've not dared watch them yet! Sitting in silence with a drink trying to figure out if what I've just been to watch was real or not!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Mar 2019, 01:17

bad day at the office after over 60 years coming down the lane I have felt like this many times get back on the horse on Thursday and play out of our skins we will all forget tonight onwards and upwards COME ON YE FORD