Next .... Saints (H) Fri

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Jenson

Re: Next .... Saints (H) Fri

Post by Jenson » 22 Mar 2019, 23:58

Not sure why people are moaning about our backs. They weren't the issue tonight. Saints dominated our middle and built off the back of it. Have all the world class backs you want but they can't do anything if the opposition is constantly winning the ruck and standing our middle men up square.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Mar 2019, 00:28

The really worrying thing for me was how our pack were completely outplayed by the saints forwards everybody knows the weakness in the backs but the way our forwards performed that surprised me tonight I must say
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Mar 2019, 00:51

Just seen the highlights
Some of them tries we let in were cringe worthy.
Lost for words.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Mar 2019, 01:11

old cas lass wrote:Just seen the highlights
Some of them tries we let in were cringe worthy.
Lost for words.
I've not dared watch them yet! Sitting in silence with a drink trying to figure out if what I've just been to watch was real or not!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Mar 2019, 01:17

bad day at the office after over 60 years coming down the lane I have felt like this many times get back on the horse on Thursday and play out of our skins we will all forget tonight onwards and upwards COME ON YE FORD

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 23 Mar 2019, 01:23

gateman wrote:bad day at the office after over 60 years coming down the lane I have felt like this many times get back on the horse on Thursday and play out of our skins we will all forget tonight onwards and upwards COME ON YE FORD
Yes we all can have a beer and feel better till tomorrow but the reality is we have to beat either Saints or Wire in a final to win silverware. Oh look a flying pig.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 23 Mar 2019, 01:51

worry in thing is we only really had three players out today who would probably start. need to send rankin back home with Roberts one off worse players sin at cas for a long time in a key position.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 23 Mar 2019, 02:05

Watched it on mute, so no crowd or commentary sway - was not unexpected. Meters per carry, mistakes, POTB in opponents half, completion stats will tell you. We didn't stay in the struggle for long enough and didn't make it hard enough.
I haven't seen the stats by the way, but on watching, we didn't convert any of the half chances, Saints converted all of theirs.
That is the difference between the top and the others.

That being said, no cups are given out in March, it is not how you start......

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 23 Mar 2019, 08:39

mdean wrote:Watched it on mute, so no crowd or commentary sway - was not unexpected. Meters per carry, mistakes, POTB in opponents half, completion stats will tell you. We didn't stay in the struggle for long enough and didn't make it hard enough.
I haven't seen the stats by the way, but on watching, we didn't convert any of the half chances, Saints converted all of theirs.
That is the difference between the top and the others.

That being said, no cups are given out in March, it is not how you start......
tbh I know you don't win anything in march but I remember all this last year when we won most games but something didn't look right and we kept hearing about peaking at the right time.this team as last year will finish in a decent position but will not realistically challenge for trophies.we are a solid unspectacular team who will occasionally get a thumping.i can't understand what has happened to our flair and attacking ability over the past year.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 23 Mar 2019, 09:18

Jenson wrote:Not sure why people are moaning about our backs. They weren't the issue tonight. Saints dominated our middle and built off the back of it. Have all the world class backs you want but they can't do anything if the opposition is constantly winning the ruck and standing our middle men up square.
People are moaning about the backs because they’re simply not good enough for a side mixing it in the top 4, whilst their position in the league says otherwise, theirs only London and possibly Huddersfield man for man with a weaker 3/4 line in the competition than us, it’s that bad!!! chopping and changing at wing and centre with back row forwards in rnd 7 is laughable to say the least when we had the whole debacle last season at fullback, Pete’s been solid at fullback, Cook’s done bits off the bench, but if truth be told Watts, McShane and Trueman have carried this side up to press, Watts in particular, I’d dread to think where we’d if he’d had a spell on the sidelines.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 23 Mar 2019, 09:36

Black n Amber wrote:
Jenson wrote:Not sure why people are moaning about our backs. They weren't the issue tonight. Saints dominated our middle and built off the back of it. Have all the world class backs you want but they can't do anything if the opposition is constantly winning the ruck and standing our middle men up square.
People are moaning about the backs because they’re simply not good enough for a side mixing it in the top 4, whilst their position in the league says otherwise, theirs only London and possibly Huddersfield man for man with a weaker 3/4 line in the competition than us, it’s that bad!!! chopping and changing at wing and centre with back row forwards in rnd 7 is laughable to say the least when we had the whole debacle last season at fullback, Pete’s been solid at fullback, Cook’s done bits off the bench, but if truth be told Watts, McShane and Trueman have carried this side up to press, Watts in particular, I’d dread to think where we’d if he’d had a spell on the sidelines.
Good post at least we have tied shenton up for two years :-k :-"

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Mar 2019, 10:00

our forwards were easily second best by the way what was wrong with Massey ?? in the backs only Shenny and Pete held their own its very hard for the backs when the forwards are beat , but I don't think Foster and Minikin offer much as a pair

Jenson

Post by Jenson » 23 Mar 2019, 10:01

Black n Amber wrote:
I agree with you that our backs arent performancing at a level of a top 4 team so far this season. However, having a world class 3/4 line wouldn't of changed the results last night. It was a very bad day at the office, players aren't performing at the levels they have previously shown and that needs addressing.

We had 41 missed tackle's and 12 errors. That'll hurt for our boys, what better way to put things right again Leeds

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 23 Mar 2019, 10:25

Jenson wrote:
Black n Amber wrote:
I agree with you that our backs arent performancing at a level of a top 4 team so far this season. However, having a world class 3/4 line wouldn't of changed the results last night. It was a very bad day at the office, players aren't performing at the levels they have previously shown and that needs addressing.

We had 41 missed tackle's and 12 errors. That'll hurt for our boys, what better way to put things right again Leeds
Im well aware the backs weren’t solely responsible for last nights showing, it’s just the way I’m seeing things, I feared the worst 7 months ago when Daryl kept eluding to the fact we were salary capped, Webster was done and Jy was shown the door, it left us with scraps going into this season, with regards to the forwards we’ve been patched up now for number of weeks, we were soundly beaten by their middle men, but Saints like Warrington are picking from strength, we haven’t got that luxury, we lost Massey after 25 mins, Milner and Holmes are just back from injury, Oggy long term, we’ve missed MkMeeken for a number of weeks, Foster’s playing out of position, and Mitch Clarke was done for 3 months after 1 carry at Hull, we’re doing it tough.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 23 Mar 2019, 10:27

gateman wrote:our forwards were easily second best by the way what was wrong with Massey ?? in the backs only Shenny and Pete held their own its very hard for the backs when the forwards are beat , but I don't think Foster and Minikin offer much as a pair
Pins and needles in his wrist/hand

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Mar 2019, 10:39

gateman wrote:our forwards were easily second best by the way what was wrong with Massey ?? in the backs only Shenny and Pete held their own its very hard for the backs when the forwards are beat , but I don't think Foster and Minikin offer much as a pair
Massey picked up a wrist injury according to Powell, had pins and needles in his hand.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 23 Mar 2019, 10:40

flow wrote:
Black n Amber wrote:
Good post at least we have tied shenton up for two years :-k :-"
Can’t make it up can ya ](*,)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Mar 2019, 14:33

Not a peep from any of the players today on social media.
Gone into hiding :D :D

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Mar 2019, 14:34

old cas lass wrote:Not a peep from any of the players today on social media.
Or DP has them locked in a room making them watch what we had to :lol:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Mar 2019, 14:42

derbystiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Not a peep from any of the players today on social media.
Or DP has them locked in a room making them watch what we had to :lol:
Aye make them watch it twice, the second time in slow motion.