Adam milner?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Adam milner?

Post by betts21 » 17 Mar 2019, 22:16

Probably get shot down for this but his fitness and form are so far away from the 2017 player what's happened with him?

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Adam milner?

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 17 Mar 2019, 22:35

It took him around 30 seconds from him coming on till giving away a Penalty.
I think he tries too much to be an 'enforcer' and needs to get back to where he was in 2017.

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 17 Mar 2019, 22:39

Admittedly I've wanted to raise this concern myself but for fear of being lambasted on this forum, but you are right, in my opinion (dare I be allowed), his form appears to have dropped since he signed his contract extension last season after the alleged talk linking him to the NRL. Got to say also, that although he did not get many minutes at the time, I thought he looked like a fish out of water in his appearances for England when he was brought on.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 17 Mar 2019, 22:47

He's a penalty machine and needs to sort it out. He's simply not big enough to be anything but a hooker. He gets knocked over and has to fight on the floor to try stop the opposition getting quick play the ball which is why he gives away so many penalties.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 17 Mar 2019, 22:52

He didn’t struggle with this in 2017 however teams are going to target him as he is a smaller loose forward, this then makes him give penalties away because he loses the ruck, I just think he needs to get a good run of games and in the above comments not over try which makes him get frustrated. Give him a few weeks and I think he’ll be back to his best (I hope lol)

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 17 Mar 2019, 23:27

Did well in the wrap around move with Macca for Jessie's try but like you say he often cripples us with penalties. However today he was nowhere near the biggest worry. Right edge all the way.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2019, 00:48

when Adam came on I thought here we go with the penalties, this lad would be in my team every day of the week he gives 100% when ever on the pitch, sort the penalties out then Adam will be in contention for a England shirt

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 18 Mar 2019, 00:58

Agreed ... Adam is Mr 200% .... he would die for this team!! If I had a choice for who I would have in the trenches with me, it would be Adam Milner every day of the bloody week!! Leave him alone, he’s probably having to play with injections, he had a fkn boot on 2 weeks ago!!!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Mar 2019, 09:07

Tigerwood posse wrote:Agreed ... Adam is Mr 200% .... he would die for this team!! If I had a choice for who I would have in the trenches with me, it would be Adam Milner every day of the bloody week!! Leave him alone, he’s probably having to play with injections, he had a fkn boot on 2 weeks ago!!!

Give up telling people what they can say on here.....

People are allowed an opinion you know.

And yes he is a penalty machine IN MY OPINION but id rather have him in my team than him being in another SL team.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Mar 2019, 09:20

He’s over enthusiastic, I’ve noticed he’s always the last defender to release the player getting up. He just wants for some reason to keep his hands in there.

I’d rather him be in the team than not.
Just needs to be more disciplined.

TiGR

Post by TiGR » 18 Mar 2019, 10:21

old cas lass wrote:Just needs to be more disciplined.
Including keeping his gob shut. Did anyone notice Hicks bringing Shenny over for a chat with Milner before the restart after one of the Salford tries when Milner gave a penalty away in the run up? Obviously kept mouthing off at the ref...

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 18 Mar 2019, 13:13

I don't think anyone is bagging Milner as such in this thread. I think we all know he is a brilliant player but it is the penalties that let him down. He did it yesterday. Several times. Cut them out and hes a fine player. I'm sure DP and the coaching staff are aware and can get him back to his best.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Mar 2019, 13:14

CasAttack wrote:I don't think anyone is bagging Milner as such in this thread. I think we all know he is a brilliant player but it is the penalties that let him down. He did it yesterday. Several times. Cut them out and hes a fine player. I'm sure DP and the coaching staff are aware and can get him back to his best.
I'm sure they are yes but right now he's a penalty machine and it ain't helping us one bit. Do it Friday and Saints will blow us away

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 18 Mar 2019, 13:21

I agree Fords. I cant see us dropping him as such to punish him for the penalties. Hopefully they can drill it in to him to get out of the tackle quickly on Friday otherwise like you say Saints will punish us.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Mar 2019, 13:43

I often get the impression he's trying too hard and when this is combined with the need to 'wrestle' in the tackle, you're always onto a loser.

Bit of extra work in training should sort it but I'm sure I don't need to tell our coaching team.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Mar 2019, 13:48

What you see is what you get with Milner, he's an hooker, aggression comes naturally to them. It's just the way he plays and goes about business. A very passionate lad who plays with his heart on his sleeve. He knows he does wrong, you can see him beating himself up about it when he gives penalties away.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 28 Mar 2019, 23:37

Another two games since and still looking a shadow of the player he was frustrating I just don't get why he barley lasts 20 mins and at half the effort he used to put in. Maybe going with England and his foot injury has set him back but what ever it is we could do with him getting back to his best.