JAKE TRUEMAN

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: JAKE TRUEMAN

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Mar 2019, 14:25

A good captain doesn't necessarily have to be shouty. A good captain leads by example, shows respect and inspires his teammates through actions.

Shenny is a role model, a homegrown lad and has played at the highest level. Every captain has his own style and method. Ultimately, we should judge a captain on his ability to motivate the team on the field to get results, not on his verbal volleys.

It's no surprise that our successful period has coincided by having a settled leadership group, and a settled coaching staff with a clear vision and standards.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Mar 2019, 14:26

tigerfeat wrote:powell wouldnt have any problem signing a marquee player if he was given the chance im sure ...
I'm sure he would if he felt that it would disrupt the harmony of the team and the principles he stands by.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Mar 2019, 16:37

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:powell wouldnt have any problem signing a marquee player if he was given the chance im sure ...
I'm sure he would if he felt that it would disrupt the harmony of the team and the principles he stands by.
I think theres a difference, though, between bringing in some overseas player on marque money and promoting one of our own thats earned it over a few seasons

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Mar 2019, 17:03

Exactly mate not talking about signing Boyd Cordner but shouldn't be a problem having one or two close to marquee money
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 19 Mar 2019, 17:16

HuddsTigers wrote:A good captain doesn't necessarily have to be shouty. A good captain leads by example, shows respect and inspires his teammates through actions.

Shenny is a role model, a homegrown lad and has played at the highest level. Every captain has his own style and method. Ultimately, we should judge a captain on his ability to motivate the team on the field to get results, not on his verbal volleys.

It's no surprise that our successful period has coincided by having a settled leadership group, and a settled coaching staff with a clear vision and standards.
Brilliant post HT - especially the last verse.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Mar 2019, 19:08

derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
I think theres a difference, though, between bringing in some overseas player on marque money and promoting one of our own thats earned it over a few seasons
Maybe but then if you're part of a team that as an entity is successful and it's a team game, why is one more deserving of it over another? If I'm a player and I see one of my teammates being given a huge wedge and I'm sat here busting my backside off and not getting the same treatment, I'd be well annoyed.

And I think this is the case. Players on marquee wages have to perform - if they don't or aren't pulling their weight, others will start getting on their back not only in the stands but in the dressing room team.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Mar 2019, 19:27

HuddsTigers wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Maybe but then if you're part of a team that as an entity is successful and it's a team game, why is one more deserving of it over another? If I'm a player and I see one of my teammates being given a huge wedge and I'm sat here busting my backside off and not getting the same treatment, I'd be well annoyed.

And I think this is the case. Players on marquee wages have to perform - if they don't or aren't pulling their weight, others will start getting on their back not only in the stands but in the dressing room team.
I'm not disagreeing Hudds, I see both sides of the argument. However, these things will still happen - Milner probably on a lot more than Cook as an example, but both put in equal effort. In any sport/business you have players/staff being paid a lot more than others. The only way around that is to pay everyone the same - not gonna happen. Like I said, though, I can see both sides.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Mar 2019, 21:13

If a player is dissatisfied with his wage, his agent's job is to find him a better deal either at the same club or a different one. Market forces dictate, so every team will have a big variation in wages. Players understand the system, so I can't see it causing a problem.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 20 Mar 2019, 01:58

HuddsTigers wrote:
what priniciples are these your talking about you now him personally. he new what zak was like and still signed him same could be said about chase for secound time. some off his projects work some dont, if he had warringtons cash dont think he would be scared to use it . He his probaly a directors dream powell getting a team in top four with out over spending . But to say he would not spend it if he had it i strongly disagree with you.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Mar 2019, 08:53

Every club here and in Australia will have players on different wages everybody pulls there weight and does there job to say you carnt keep a good spirit going with that situation is frankly ridiculous
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 23 Mar 2019, 19:51

casjunction wrote:I just realised l didn't mention Jake's contribution.
The reality is l almost take it for granted.
Both in attack and defence the lad is phenomena.
Wise beyond his years.
A special talent.
One l was foolish to overlook or take for granted.
I like Truman he is as good a young player as we've had in a while,probably one of the best prospects in Super League,,but he's not the second coming, and not the finished article yet,still some growing and maturing to do. The NRL may well come calling but I'm hoping not for a year or two yet by which time we'll hopefully able to see that potential fulfilled down the lane.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Mar 2019, 22:13

Second coming.
Interesting translation!

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 24 Mar 2019, 15:55

Poetic licence Casjunction lol, and as I've said love the lad and taking to a couple of ex pros they are touting him as one for the future,and match by match he's getting there and like any half back if operating behind a pack with forward momentum he can show the full range of his skills,sadly our pack didn't give him that chance against the Saints,the acid test for his development is whether he matures into a player who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck when things aren't going our way. A lot to ask I know,the number of players with that type of game changing ability are few and far between, but if anyone has the possibility to do that it's him.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 06 Apr 2019, 23:15

Man of the Match performance.
Showed up without Macca as a foil.
He's not the finished article.
How many half backs are at his tender age.
I hope to see him in the Black and Amber for many years to come.