JAKE TRUEMAN

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

JAKE TRUEMAN

Post by casjunction » 17 Mar 2019, 23:19

I just realised l didn't mention Jake's contribution.
The reality is l almost take it for granted.
Both in attack and defence the lad is phenomena.
Wise beyond his years.
A special talent.
One l was foolish to overlook or take for granted.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: JAKE TRUEMAN

Post by lurcher » 18 Mar 2019, 16:27

believe it or not there were 2 next to me saying he had done nowt all game. hope they watch the highlights
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 18 Mar 2019, 16:33

I thought he was quiet for first 20 minutes or so
🐯 COYF!

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 18 Mar 2019, 16:39

He never ceases to impress , his reading of the game , kicking , defense , his toughness , class player full stop :D

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Mar 2019, 19:23

We should enjoy him whilst we can, Harrison said with Jakes rate of development he will be on marquee money when his contract is up foe renewal.
As DP and the club don't believe in the marquee ruling then it doesn't look like his long term future will be with us.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 18 Mar 2019, 20:09

I would imagine if he does keep improving at this rate, then he could command the same wage as Williams, easy. So you might be right there. 4 years is a long time though, anything could happen.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2019, 22:33

I'll be honest he's one of the best defensive half backs in the comp imo. If we have him for the rest of his contract or even 3 years I'd love to see him go smash it in the nrl if he continues to improve I honestly think he could be one of the best British half's and with his d one that the nrl will really luck at.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 Mar 2019, 09:45

Our brightest star.
Possibly one of the games best young prospects.
So far every one in agreement.
Just an observation but the topics which attract most posts.
Seems to be those critical of players.,selection etc.
It would be good to have a positive thread.
Just a thought.
As l said in my original post.
I take it for granted he will play,
as l do with a few other players.
I will will try to ensure l savour the good and at times great performances.
C. O. Y. F.

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 19 Mar 2019, 10:15

Pretty much agree with all that has been said here.
He has really lifted his defence this year and is looking pretty much the finished article already.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Mar 2019, 10:16

Had the Hardaker debacle never happened and Benny Roberts not being able to play fullback, the chances are, he’d more than likely now be on loan in the Championship. I still find it hard to believe how far he’s come in a short space of time. He’s mature way beyond his years and his rugby brain for a 19 year old is scary. He’ll have a test jersey if he keeps this up and I’d love to see him become captain of this club in years to come!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Mar 2019, 10:22

If Bradford hadn't gone bust hed be playing for the bulls in super league he was always going to make it to the top where ever he was
I see him being at cas for a long time thank goodness
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Mar 2019, 10:28

tigerfeat wrote:If Bradford hadn't gone bust hed be playing for the bulls in super league he was always going to make it to the top where ever he was
I see him being at cas for a long time thank goodness
As would Foster too!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Mar 2019, 10:34

Can't wait to see him with a fully fit Luke for a spell. Defences will see more variety of attacking options.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Mar 2019, 10:42

betts21 wrote:I'll be honest he's one of the best defensive half backs in the comp imo. If we have him for the rest of his contract or even 3 years I'd love to see him go smash it in the nrl if he continues to improve I honestly think he could be one of the best British half's and with his d one that the nrl will really luck at.
I’d be livid if we don’t keep this kid beyond his present contract.
He’ll be 23 by then, we should be planning for 3yrs time and possibly a marquee contract.
So DP not a fan of marquee players, but will Daryl still be with us in 3/4 yrs time (hope so).
But we have to bite the bullet and keep trueman, a half back with real talent only comes around once in a blue moon. We have one.
I can accept him going to the NRL in the future, one thing I can’t and won’t accept is him leaving for another SL club.

Let me ask this, who would be in favour of having a slightly smaller playing squad to keep trueman at the club long term. I would.
We have players on our books would will possibly never play first team a or get into the 17.
Aston, Maher, Gill. All wasted money. I’d prefer that money to be spent on talent like trueman.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Mar 2019, 10:48

old cas lass wrote:
betts21 wrote:I'll be honest he's one of the best defensive half backs in the comp imo. If we have him for the rest of his contract or even 3 years I'd love to see him go smash it in the nrl if he continues to improve I honestly think he could be one of the best British half's and with his d one that the nrl will really luck at.
I’d be livid if we don’t keep this kid beyond his present contract.
He’ll be 23 by then, we should be planning for 3yrs time and possibly a marquee contract.
So DP not a fan of marquee players, but will Daryl still be with us in 3/4 yrs time (hope so).
But we have to bite the bullet and keep trueman, a half back with real talent only comes around once in a blue moon. We have one.
I can accept him going to the NRL in the future, one thing I can’t and won’t accept is him leaving for another SL club.

Let me ask this, who would be in favour of having a slightly smaller playing squad to keep trueman at the club long term. I would.
We have players on our books would will possibly never play first team a or get into the 17.
Aston, Maher, Gill. All wasted money. I’d prefer that money to be spent on talent like trueman.
I think a lot depends on new ground if we can afford to match top money earners we will have a few extra coppers in jar if it comes off in next four years.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Mar 2019, 11:14

powell wouldnt have any problem signing a marquee player if he was given the chance im sure ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Mar 2019, 13:15

tigerfeat wrote:powell wouldnt have any problem signing a marquee player if he was given the chance im sure ...
Agreed.
Nothing wrong either in terms of ethics or disharmony within the squad with an uplift in salary for a player brought through by us.
Future captain I’m sure.
Captain at next contract offer maybe...
Audacter Et Sincere

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 19 Mar 2019, 14:05

Mysterio wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:powell wouldnt have any problem signing a marquee player if he was given the chance im sure ...
Agreed.
Nothing wrong either in terms of ethics or disharmony within the squad with an uplift in salary for a player brought through by us.
Future captain I’m sure.
It may be because he's still relatively young, but I don't see Jake as vocal enough at the moment to be Captain.
His improvement as he ages may accompany a more confident and vocal player - I certainly hope so, but he looks a very quiet lad just now.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Mar 2019, 14:07

orrsome wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Agreed.
Future captain I’m sure.
It may be because he's still relatively young, but I don't see Jake as vocal enough at the moment to be Captain.
His improvement as he ages may accompany a more confident and vocal player - I certainly hope so, but he looks a very quiet lad just now.
I think that will come, you can see him directing others now. The lad is a special talent

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Mar 2019, 14:12

orrsome wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Agreed.
Future captain I’m sure.
Our current captain is the least vocal on a rugby pitch I've ever seen. Macca is my captain everyday of the week.