Ben Roberts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Ben Roberts

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Mar 2019, 21:56

Squaddie86 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
bane73 wrote:
dettoriman wrote:The guy has always been a class bloke and class on the field. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get him out there long enough lately.

The guy was absolutely lethal at 6 in the 2017. Our greatest ever season. Let's not forget that
Correct, I only suggested a round of applause not build a statue or retire a shirt. I'm sure he'd have preferred to be out there playing, but why bother, when he can sit in the stands and give muppet's ammo to fire at him cause he's not playing. Yes I critised him and tbh I'm glad he's gone,in a playing sense as a player he was dead weight, he's a great guy and a few of his finest moments are a few of my favourite cas memories.
Calling people names just because they offered a different opinion to yours. Classic!!!
So to be clear, you whine about "todays society" because someone wants to show a bit of respect for someone who has served this club well for 4 years, but you're offended because you think someone thinking you're a muppet is "calling people names"...

Ok.
Learn to read matey. Where did I say I was offended??? Where was o specifically referred to as a muppet??? I was merely pointing out that resorting to name calling because someone has a different opinion is childish.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 21 Mar 2019, 22:30

Fumper27 wrote:
Learn to read matey. Where did I say I was offended??? Where was o specifically referred to as a muppet??? I was merely pointing out that resorting to name calling because someone has a different opinion is childish.
The fact you felt the need to post about it all demonstrated your taking offence, and his reference to "muppets" was clearly aimed at you and other people like you. See my reading ability is quite good - I can infer things without needing people to spell things out for me.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Mar 2019, 22:39

Squaddie86 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Learn to read matey. Where did I say I was offended??? Where was i specifically referred to as a muppet??? I was merely pointing out that resorting to name calling because someone has a different opinion is childish.
The fact you felt the need to post about it all demonstrated your taking offence, and his reference to "muppets" was clearly aimed at you and other people like you. See my reading ability is quite good - I can infer things without needing people to spell things out for me.
Don't flatter yourself. I take things on here with a pinch of salt. I am far from being one of those sensitive souls who “get offended” at everything. Enjoy your evening.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 21 Mar 2019, 23:10

I don't mind holding my hands and saying this is a very good move by the club. Value for money wise, he's been terrible over the last 18 months. However I feel it's only fair and respectful, that the fans should be allowed to show their gratitude to him for his efforts. Id be very surprised and disappointed, if he's not a guest at the game tomorrow, in order for the fans to give him the send off he deserves .

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Mar 2019, 10:44

Jonny1975 wrote:I don't mind holding my hands and saying this is a very good move by the club. Value for money wise, he's been terrible over the last 18 months. However I feel it's only fair and respectful, that the fans should be allowed to show their gratitude to him for his efforts. Id be very surprised and disappointed, if he's not a guest at the game tomorrow, in order for the fans to give him the send off he deserves .
100% agree and i think most fans would say the same or i'd hope they would

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 22 Mar 2019, 11:45

I want to wish Benny and his family all the best for the future. I think it's the correct decision for all involved, no value for money at all over the last 12/18 months. However, on his day, he was superb. Shame there wasn't more of those days. Its easy to remember some of the good things in attack but let's not also forget how solid our right edge defence was with Benny at 6, he didn't miss many tackles. What we'd give now for a fully fit defensive right edge of Roberts, McMeeken, Webster, Minikin. I do hope he's at the game tonight so we can show our gratitude for his efforts.

tigertragic
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertragic » 22 Mar 2019, 18:35

I think that we should allow Ben Roberts to be the sponsor of the team moon boot

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 Mar 2019, 19:44

tigertragic wrote:I think that we should allow Ben Roberts to be the sponsor of the team moon boot
"Benny's Recovery Moon Boots. So comfortable - you won't want to take them off. I know I didn't. I liked them so much I bought the company" Available in all good pharmacists or on line.... 4 year lease deal available if your a bit on the fragile side.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 08 Apr 2019, 10:43

Returning home today shame the fans couldn’t of given him a send off.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 08 Apr 2019, 13:56

Mucky1978 wrote:Returning home today shame the fans couldn’t of given him a send off.
Thought his flight home was on this Thursday 12th, but whenever it is, a safe flight home for him and his family.
I will remember his drop goal against Saints for a long time.