Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Powell

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Mar 2019, 22:30

Black n Amber wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
fords wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:Deserves to be at a club where the board backs him.

Absolute zero ambition as a club.

Years behind saints and wire
In terms of what. Not a vast gulf in quality. Basic errors given them the game.

We dont have a money man that throws millions at the club.

We spend to the cap what else do you want?
If we spend to the cap and so do Saints and Wire then wtf are we so far behind in quality? Why do we see several players as poor as that last night quite regularly?

Shopping at Aldi compared to Saints and Wire. Can’t keep relying on the bargain basement as we appear to do so often. DP needs backing much better than he has been. Simples.
Mark Percival and Tom Makinson earning as much as a 33 year old Shenton and an Adam Milner.
Where is this printed as fact? Oh yeah, it isn’t, your just another one who second guesses and make stuff up to suit an argument. Do you think that the “Best Player in the world” for 2018 is in peanuts???

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Mar 2019, 08:31

What do people think the effect on the players will be Powell giving them a public lambasting
Carnt say I've seen a rugby league coach come on the field and do that before
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Mar 2019, 09:47

tigerfeat wrote:What do people think the effect on the players will be Powell giving them a public lambasting
We'll see on Thursday.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 Mar 2019, 10:14

tigerfeat wrote:What do people think the effect on the players will be Powell giving them a public lambasting
I'm guessing he wanted to be the 1st face the players saw in the dressing room as they trudged in. Problem was he was on the other side of the pitch and it was the fastest way across!

As for the comments to the players....well we were only saying the same things on the terraces!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Mar 2019, 12:10

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
fords wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:Deserves to be at a club where the board backs him.

Absolute zero ambition as a club.

Years behind saints and wire
In terms of what. Not a vast gulf in quality. Basic errors given them the game.

We dont have a money man that throws millions at the club.

We spend to the cap what else do you want?
If we spend to the cap and so do Saints and Wire then wtf are we so far behind in quality? Why do we see several players as poor as that last night quite regularly?

Shopping at Aldi compared to Saints and Wire. Can’t keep relying on the bargain basement as we appear to do so often. DP needs backing much better than he has been. Simples.
Were not really that far behind. Were over paying a fair few that's obvious. Take Saints and Wire out (who by the way only just managed to beat us with 10 players out at home) were the best team of the rest easily.

"Can’t keep relying on the bargain basement as we appear to do so often. DP needs backing much better than he has been. Simples"

Its not simple though is it, are people thick or what. He must be backed we spend the full cap and have done for a few years. We don't use the marquee as we cant afford to, simple.

The problem is who we have decided to buy and pay x amount. Now who makes those decisions DP , JW, Board or a combination of the lot. Who does is doing something wrong.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Mar 2019, 15:49

“Clare came on and made a break”

Jesus Christ Hudds even for you that is scraping the bottom of the deepest barrel ever made.

Let’s hope Melbourne Storm don’t come in and pinch him from us eh? :roll: :roll: :roll:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Mar 2019, 16:31

As opposed to just slating the bloke? Has Clare done something to you in the past?

When we are comparing the wingers (Minikin 10 carries, 55m, 1 missed tackle) and Eden (12 carries, 77m, 4 errors), I think Clare’s 3 carries, 37m and 2 tackle busts in 30 mins shows that he did a lot more on average in short spell than the two you aren’t criticising.

So yeah, I’ll defend Clare this week because the focus should NOT be on him.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Mar 2019, 17:08

Clare isn’t good enough. Quite simple really Hudds. How many people on here are defending him as you always do with anything that is seen as not good enough?

Has Clare done something to you in the past? You are unreal at times Hudds you really are.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Mar 2019, 17:45

We all know people on here like to slate one player. We have had it with Roberts, Massey, Ellis, and now Clare. Milner is getting barrels now, so is Shenton. We wouldn’t have a squad based on postings on here.

We can’t have 25 world class players. How many times does it need to be reiterated that EVERY squad has players like that?

You need to get over the hysteria. Nowhere have I said I wouldn’t prefer someone else on the wing but Clare is a SL standard player and decent enough cover. Right now we have three quarters bereft of confidence or not performing to the levels we know they can.

By the way, you still haven’t come back to me on who you are blaming for the defeat the other night? Is that because it doesn’t fit your agenda?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 24 Mar 2019, 19:10

HuddsTigers wrote: Has Clare done something to you in the past?
He has to me - he took the last scotch eggs off the shelf in Tesco just before Christmas as I was heading for them! :lol: :lol:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Mar 2019, 19:20

derbystiger wrote:
He has to me - he took the last scotch eggs off the shelf in Tesco just before Christmas as I was heading for them! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: That is unforgivable haha.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Mar 2019, 19:27

HuddsTigers wrote:We all know people on here like to slate one player. We have had it with Roberts, Massey, Ellis, and now Clare. Milner is getting barrels now, so is Shenton. We wouldn’t have a squad based on postings on here.

We can’t have 25 world class players. How many times does it need to be reiterated that EVERY squad has players like that?

You need to get over the hysteria. Nowhere have I said I wouldn’t prefer someone else on the wing but Clare is a SL standard player and decent enough cover. Right now we have three quarters bereft of confidence or not performing to the levels we know they can.

By the way, you still haven’t come back to me on who you are blaming for the defeat the other night? Is that because it doesn’t fit your agenda?
Of all the players you have listed there I am only against Clare. He was crap first time round and a cheap nasty SG/ club signing. Not good enough end of.

I blame the whole team for Friday. They were poor as a team in defence but did show a little bit at times in attack. They win and lose as a team but this doesn’t mean they are all great/rubbish if we win or lose.

Cor you to stick up for Clare with your “30 yard break” is almost as embarrassing as your toilet post.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Mar 2019, 19:40

I mean I didn’t “stick up for Clare” I pointed out that he came on and made a break without doing anything wrong. I also highlighted that along with a few others as he has been criticised by people but that actually they were the ones who seemed to do the best the other night. Forgive me for highlighting one of the few clean breaks we made through the Saints line.

He was dropped against Salford and we conceded 20 points there. He played 30 mins against Saints when we were already 32-0 down. So perhaps the real problem isn’t Clare - the fact you have spent the last few days on here just picking on him shows it is personal. Perhaps you can look at the others who were responsible for those 32 points now?

Anyway, let’s agree to disagree on this. I happen to think like you that the whole team is responsible for that defeat the other night and therefore they should wear the blame together. Time will tell exactly what the plan is and how much the players want to bounce back.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 24 Mar 2019, 19:52

derbystiger wrote:
You must have been slow if Claire beat you to it.
Only Yoking

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 Mar 2019, 19:57

HuddsTigers wrote:I mean I didn’t “stick up for Clare” I pointed out that he came on and made a break without doing anything wrong. I also highlighted that along with a few others as he has been criticised by people but that actually they were the ones who seemed to do the best the other night. Forgive me for highlighting one of the few clean breaks we made through the Saints line.

He was dropped against Salford and we conceded 20 points there. He played 30 mins against Saints when we were already 32-0 down. So perhaps the real problem isn’t Clare - the fact you have spent the last few days on here just picking on him shows it is personal. Perhaps you can look at the others who were responsible for those 32 points now?

Anyway, let’s agree to disagree on this. I happen to think like you that the whole team is responsible for that defeat the other night and therefore they should wear the blame together. Time will tell exactly what the plan is and how much the players want to bounce back.
correct hudds the all team was to blame part from pete for me gave 100%. we seam to lack aggression when it comes to big games, is that coaching staff fault for not getting them super focused and smashing into other team straight from first tackle .Think we have one off the slowest line speed in league when defending in there half off field, making there kicking game and field position good after every set.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 24 Mar 2019, 20:16

After the Salford game I would have had Clare back in the team for Friday night. Would also have kept Jessie in the starting line up.
Bench would have been Milner, Cook, Foster and Holmes.

Not saying that would have made a whole lot of difference. But at least you lot would have a whipping boy to moan about!
cum on you Ford

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 Mar 2019, 13:54

As you'd expect following a horror show like that, there are lots of threads and posts making suggestions, etc. but for me, it just goes to prove that if you stand still, you actually go backwards.

Even Saints proved that you have to continually move forward to stand any chance of winning and the lack of new signings at Cas is now showing the obvious results.

I'm well aware we have no spare cash but the fact is, by continually reviewing your team and making the necessary changes, you lose someone who may well have played ok and been very loyal and replace them with an improvement. This should be part of Jon wells' job description (working with Powell) and for me, so far he's failed.

We are going backwards...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Mar 2019, 14:21

We have stood still at wrist, the difference is teams are paying marquee money for good players but not world class.

Leeds have theirs. As do wire, saints, Wigan. Even Salford passing big money for Hastings.

We won't as DP and the club don't want it. Never mind can we afford it to lose good players to pay for it.

Would you be happy losing, watts, millo and moors to sign merrin? Not for me, to much risk. I'd seriously think it over for Sam Burgess though!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 27 Mar 2019, 15:00

mart0042 wrote:We have stood still at wrist, the difference is teams are paying marquee money for good players but not world class.

Leeds have theirs. As do wire, saints, Wigan. Even Salford passing big money for Hastings.

We won't as DP and the club don't want it. Never mind can we afford it to lose good players to pay for it.

Would you be happy losing, watts, millo and moors to sign merrin? Not for me, to much risk. I'd seriously think it over for Sam Burgess though!
Daryl is not ever going to come out and say ‘the club won’t let me buy marquee players to take us where I know we could reach and grow our crowds to 10k average at least in the process’ is he?

Or even worse, hint at it with however veiled digs.

That would make his role untenable - something neither party wants, nor the fans.

Make no mistake - Daryl would be more than happy to sign marquee players on quality men. Not just players, guys who would come in and lift our mentality too. The fact must be that he is not allowed to.

In my opinion.
Audacter Et Sincere

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 27 Mar 2019, 15:08

Which coach in their right mind would not want to sign the best of the best, obviously we don't have the cash to do it and probably never will.
🐯 COYF!