MELTDOWN IN 5,4,3,2,1 AANNNND GO...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
hazzy

Re: MELTDOWN IN 5,4,3,2,1 AANNNND GO...

Post by hazzy » 23 Mar 2019, 00:08

Give St's credit,,, right from the off, when Cas had the ball they were on to em, in their face's, they took Cas's air so they couldn't breath, when St's had the ball Cas just invited them on, and if St's do anything well it's their running attack, and backing up, I'm afraid it's just good coaching, together with hard work, you can't play like Cas played against St's and expect to win. Cas's defence needs drastic attention, there were similar signs in the Salford match, but Salford aren't as good as St's.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 23 Mar 2019, 00:27

Saints were way better. Best side in competition significantly. Wire second best by some way imo.
So disappointing though that we got bullied like that.
So much quicker and more physically dominant. We lack that range of class and came up way short.
To make it worse, every bounce went against us when it mattered. You can't compete against teams like that.
Our three quarters looks average at best now. Not replacing Webbo just like Hardaker is a huge mistake as has been said ad naseum.

Minikin gone backwards it seems. Foster never a centre. Rankin makeshift. Millo looks shot now. Watts and Macca had their worst games. As did Eden. Holmes really poor too. Plenty that could have gone wrong did.
However we are still 3rd and losing to Saints is nothing new. The manner of it was the most worrying thing. But the league is poor and we still should make the play offs so who knows. I wont hold my breath though on tonight's showing.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 23 Mar 2019, 10:26

The Usual stuffing by Saints, and we could play them another 4 times (away, MW, Cup?, playoffs?). It`s a mental thing now for Cas, and they are beaten by Saints before they even get on the park.

Saints are miles better than anyone else, but nowt to choose between the other 11, so still confident of a top 5 place.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 23 Mar 2019, 14:49

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Saints were way better. Best side in competition significantly. Wire second best by some way imo.
So disappointing though that we got bullied like that.
So much quicker and more physically dominant. We lack that range of class and came up way short.
To make it worse, every bounce went against us when it mattered. You can't compete against teams like that.
Our three quarters looks average at best now. Not replacing Webbo just like Hardaker is a huge mistake as has been said ad naseum.

Minikin gone backwards it seems. Foster never a centre. Rankin makeshift. Millo looks shot now. Watts and Macca had their worst games. As did Eden. Holmes really poor too. Plenty that could have gone wrong did.
However we are still 3rd and losing to Saints is nothing new. The manner of it was the most worrying thing. But the league is poor and we still should make the play offs so who knows. I wont hold my breath though on tonight's showing.
Yep millo looked cream crackered. Just had 2 week of so god knows why.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 23 Mar 2019, 14:55

nottinghamtiger wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Saints were good and we were poor. But form is always temporary. Last season Saints blew everyone away, but didn’t even make a final. These days, it’s about winning enough games to get to the knock-out stages and then playing well in the winner-takes-all games.
In 2017, we did what Saints are doing and didn’t win anything. This included putting 60+ on a Leeds team and beating them 3 times in the regular season before they beat us in the grand final.
Nothing is won in March. We’ll win enough games to put us in with a chance come October. The key is to make sure we perform in those games. It’s never nice to lose, but it’s not season ending.
And I wouldn’t fancy playing us next week.
We are miles off Saints and Wire, play them now or the Grand final we lose.
I’m pretty sure Leeds supporters thought the same in 2017. They were miles behind us at this point that season, but won the grand final.
Not sure how anyone can predict who will be in form by October. Saints crumbled last year after bossing the regular rounds.
Are you really that deluded.
I’m not sure what’s delusional. In 2017 we beat Leeds 66-10 in March. They went on to beat us in the grand final. That’s just a fact.
Saints won the LLS in 2018 but didn’t even make the GF, getting beat in the semi final by the team who finished in 4th - 15 points behind them in the regular season. Again, that’s just a fact.
In the current format, you need to be in those knock-out games at the end of the season and then peak.
Notringham tigers always as. Tinted glasses on lmao do reallly see us competing witt that back line .

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 23 Mar 2019, 15:10

nottinghamtiger wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Saints were good and we were poor. But form is always temporary. Last season Saints blew everyone away, but didn’t even make a final. These days, it’s about winning enough games to get to the knock-out stages and then playing well in the winner-takes-all games.
In 2017, we did what Saints are doing and didn’t win anything. This included putting 60+ on a Leeds team and beating them 3 times in the regular season before they beat us in the grand final.
Nothing is won in March. We’ll win enough games to put us in with a chance come October. The key is to make sure we perform in those games. It’s never nice to lose, but it’s not season ending.
And I wouldn’t fancy playing us next week.
We are miles off Saints and Wire, play them now or the Grand final we lose.
I’m pretty sure Leeds supporters thought the same in 2017. They were miles behind us at this point that season, but won the grand final.
Not sure how anyone can predict who will be in form by October. Saints crumbled last year after bossing the regular rounds.
Are you really that deluded.[/quote]

I’m not sure what’s delusional. In 2017 we beat Leeds 66-10 in March. They went on to beat us in the grand final. That’s just a fact.
Saints won the LLS in 2018 but didn’t even make the GF, getting beat in the semi final by the team who finished in 4th - 15 points behind them in the regular season. Again, that’s just a fact.
In the current format, you need to be in those knock-out games at the end of the season and then peak.[/quote]
Notringham tigers always as. Tinted glasses on lmao do reallly see us competing witt that back line .[/quote]

Give over with your tinted crap.

NT has stated facts.

We all know our back line is not good enough

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Mar 2019, 17:19

saints were superb last night. for us to have any chance of beating them every one of our players needs to have their best game. last night about 10 of ours had their worst.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Mar 2019, 08:27

lurcher wrote:saints were superb last night. for us to have any chance of beating them every one of our players needs to have their best game. last night about 10 of ours had their worst.
Only 10???

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Mar 2019, 09:08

I don't know whether I am on my own, but I enjoyed the match, we were easily 2nd best the champagne rugby Saints played was a pleasure to behold and on that form could have beat any team here or down under , every thing they did came off and Cas I am sorry to say watched them, get back on the horse on Thursday Fridays match is history lose then we should start to worry

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Mar 2019, 09:41

gateman wrote:I don't know whether I am on my own, but I enjoyed the match, we were easily 2nd best the champagne rugby Saints played was a pleasure to behold and on that form could have beat any team here or down under , every thing they did came off and Cas I am sorry to say watched them, get back on the horse on Thursday Fridays match is history lose then we should start to worry
I'm almost with you gateman, although wouldn't go so far as enjoying it. Saints were the best side I've seen down there for years and made us look like plodders. They also get themselves up for Cas games like no other because of the thrashing in the cup and the golden point game. They are injury free, mostly error-free, and they got every break in that game, which their coach admitted. Our errors and brainstorms cost us the margin of defeat.
Doesn't mean however that we do not have issues, most at half back because our star is absent, and at centre where we are making it up, but sometimes you just have to give credit and move on. Psychological test at Leeds.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 Mar 2019, 10:23

cogito ergo sum wrote:
gateman wrote:I don't know whether I am on my own, but I enjoyed the match, we were easily 2nd best the champagne rugby Saints played was a pleasure to behold and on that form could have beat any team here or down under , every thing they did came off and Cas I am sorry to say watched them, get back on the horse on Thursday Fridays match is history lose then we should start to worry
I'm almost with you gateman, although wouldn't go so far as enjoying it. Saints were the best side I've seen down there for years and made us look like plodders. They also get themselves up for Cas games like no other because of the thrashing in the cup and the golden point game. They are injury free, mostly error-free, and they got every break in that game, which their coach admitted. Our errors and brainstorms cost us the margin of defeat.
Doesn't mean however that we do not have issues, most at half back because our star is absent, and at centre where we are making it up, but sometimes you just have to give credit and move on. Psychological test at Leeds.
Yes thinking about the match Saints were very impressive,thing is we were that very side for the most of 2017. Thursday's performance will be a real test, recovering from the game and Leeds apparent improvement yesterday.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 Mar 2019, 13:10

duke street 10 wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
Yes thinking about the match Saints were very impressive,thing is we were that very side for the most of 2017. Thursday's performance will be a real test, recovering from the game and Leeds apparent improvement yesterday.
The real test will come when we play Saints at Magic Weekend, we have learned nothing from our encounters with them from 2018 so will we just roll over for them again or will our forwards show some bottle and get stuck into them.
Losing is one thing but constantly getting hammered by them is another.