MINIKIN

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

MINIKIN

Post by classycas57 » 27 Apr 2019, 19:04

If there was ever a reason not to keep hold of minikin,Clare,and egedo that was proof

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: MINIKIN

Post by Swagger » 27 Apr 2019, 19:05

He could of slid to score then instead of throwing a silly over the head pass.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 27 Apr 2019, 19:05

To obsessed with trying to get is BF a try at end.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 27 Apr 2019, 19:07

Are you real? Greg could have taken the tackle instead of passing there at the end, but other than that he had a solid game, only player to make a proper break, kept Gildart and Burgess quiet on that edge. I think he is finally settling into the position.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Apr 2019, 19:07

classycas57 wrote:If there was ever a reason not to keep hold of minikin,Clare,and egedo that was proof
Stop picking on the “easy” targets.
What about Massey and that shoulder charge when we’d got possession from the kick on half way on the last tackle?
What about Trueman and his inability to take control of a game?
What about Mata’utia and his poor attempt when Powell scored?

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 27 Apr 2019, 19:09

Truemans making aston look like alfie Langer

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 27 Apr 2019, 19:18

Firstly how we have lost with that amount of possesion is unreal

In that weather the commitment and endeavour was creditable no issue we tried but the difference is experience...I dont believe shenny drops the ball ...minikin should just of taken the tackle and showed why he still has a lot to learn as a SL centre

Massey has no excuse shoulder charge on 5th was as dumb as it gets and at a time where i believe Wigan would have capitulated

Tactics for conditions right just needed that bit of experience in pivitol situations and we win

On to Warrington

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 27 Apr 2019, 19:35

Massey gave two knock ons by poor handeling and should charge penalty that was not needed.minikin had chance just to keep hold of the ball and build pressure but instead did the thing he shouldnt have done.we seem to have a few players not making the right decision and calls in games like clare when he let that ball bounce and wigan nearly scored from it...catch the ball or at least make and effot.liam marshell still tryng to cheat through out the game by dummying the play of the ball which i thought the ref should have really penalised after the 1st time of him doing it BUT other than that the ref had a good game and i thought the ruck was alot better now people arnt playing for penalties

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 27 Apr 2019, 19:44

Fumper27 wrote:
classycas57 wrote:If there was ever a reason not to keep hold of minikin,Clare,and egedo that was proof
Stop picking on the “easy” targets.
What about Massey and that shoulder charge when we’d got possession from the kick on half way on the last tackle?
What about Trueman and his inability to take control of a game?
What about Mata’utia and his poor attempt when Powell scored?
Massey is a grafter he brings things to the table. Yes a mistake. Trueman,should not be first choice half just yet. But will bring things to the table in years to come.matautia takes all the high balls but weaknesses in attack.he still brings defensive qualities to the table. Minikin,Clare,egedo brings nothing and probably never will compared to who we could be signing

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Apr 2019, 19:47

Back to Minikin - I’d be happy for him to stay but not disappointed if he leaves.
I’d be interested to see how he would go playing a left centre - his right-to-left passing is stronger and he’s got a good right step that would suit that side too I think.
If he’s as poor on the left as he is on the right, he can either stay and fight for a place on the wing or move elsewhere.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 27 Apr 2019, 20:00

Apart from the last minute error, he had his best game all season both defensively and in attack.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Apr 2019, 20:07

stuey wrote:Apart from the last minute error, he had his best game all season both defensively and in attack.
Says something that we didn’t score a try then. A centre who has his best game in attack but no tries or try assists.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Apr 2019, 20:13

nottinghamtiger wrote:Back to Minikin - I’d be happy for him to stay but not disappointed if he leaves.
I’d be interested to see how he would go playing a left centre - his right-to-left passing is stronger and he’s got a good right step that would suit that side too I think.
If he’s as poor on the left as he is on the right, he can either stay and fight for a place on the wing or move elsewhere.
I agree mate I always think there's a good player in there but also think we can recruit someone better and that's what we need to be doing now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 27 Apr 2019, 20:21

I do t recall many people go in it to Minikin when he scored 20 odd tries in our better days? All those on the side we don’t usually attack down.

Winger he delivered, Centre he probably isn’t good enough.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 27 Apr 2019, 20:21

Eden had a good game tonight, however, interesting to see that he also doesn't trust Egodo and didnt pass to him.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Apr 2019, 20:24

heritage1926 wrote:Eden had a good game tonight, however, interesting to see that he also doesn't trust Egodo and didnt pass to him.
I don’t think I’ve seen Eden pass a ball since the St Helens game. This is a good thing.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 27 Apr 2019, 21:01

Thought we would have got hammered today so to loose in Wigans back yard by 2 points is not the end if the world. Thought Clare and Minikin both had decent games after the shocker for Clare in the last game. Winnings a habit and do is losing and we will br mid table before we get the better players back in the side. We miss Gale, we just don't puf on the attacking moves like we used to do. However at the business end of the season these poor attacking games at the moment might make other teams miss judge our attack at the crucial games :pray:

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 27 Apr 2019, 21:43

Thought minikin had a solid game, yes he should have taken the tackle but maybe after 78 minutes of building pressure with nothing to show for it maybe he thought he needed to try something off the cuff? Thought clare also played well apart from letting that high kick bounce in no mans land!
On another point how can a half back win MOM when we lost and didnt score a try? He played well but we could have played another half hour and still not scored
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 27 Apr 2019, 22:34

SREGITSAC wrote:Are you real? Greg could have taken the tackle instead of passing there at the end, but other than that he had a solid game, only player to make a proper break, kept Gildart and Burgess quiet on that edge. I think he is finally settling into the position.
He has nowhere near the skill set to be a centre at this level. Winger yes, but that is all.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Apr 2019, 12:01

Thought he had his best game of the season yesterday. Would be able to judge if he could have a while at centre with our first choice half-backs on the pitch.