Season over

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Season over

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 12:56

The Fox wrote:
Frankas wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:Did not help with peanuts kicking against hull could not hit a barn door with a banjo player like he was rough as a badgers butt

I've been racking my brain to remember who Peanut reminds me of with his kicking game, and this morning it came to me. He is a clone of Peter Coin
Bit harsh that Frank, Peter Coyne was probably the worst import we have had (pushed closely by Sean Rudder).
Best signing we ever made was Ryan Bailey hang on! Someone just clicked their fingers im back in the room

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 May 2019, 13:01

The Fox wrote:
Frankas wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:Did not help with peanuts kicking against hull could not hit a barn door with a banjo player like he was rough as a badgers butt

I've been racking my brain to remember who Peanut reminds me of with his kicking game, and this morning it came to me. He is a clone of Peter Coin
Bit harsh that Frank, Peter Coyne was probably the worst import we have had (pushed closely by Sean Rudder).
Have you forgotten:
Brendon Hlad
Tom Harbrect

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 13 May 2019, 13:26

Regarding worst ever signing, surely the topic must have been posted before?! I can agree with the choice of Peter Coyne. I seem to remember a huge queue forming behind him at GT Smiths on Kippax High Street, he was even slow emptying his shopping basket.
Last edited by Johnny A on 13 May 2019, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:28

Johnny A wrote:Regarding worst ever signing, surely the topic must have been posted before? I can agree with the choice of Peter Coyne. I seem to remember a huge queue forming behind him at GT Smiths on Kippax High Street, he was even slow emptying hs shopping basket
:lol:

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 13 May 2019, 13:40

Fumper27 wrote:
The Fox wrote:
Frankas wrote:

Have you forgotten:
Brendon Hlad
Tom Harbrect
Certainly haven't, but they didn't arrive as supposedly "top" signings having played numerous games in the NRL.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 May 2019, 13:41

The Fox wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
The Fox wrote:
Frankas wrote:

Have you forgotten:
Brendon Hlad
Tom Harbrect
Certainly haven't, but they didn't arrive as supposedly "top" signings having played numerous games in the NRL.
I went of the “worse import” part. Probably loads more but cannot think!!

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 13 May 2019, 13:46

Best signing we ever made was Ryan Bailey

Said nobody ever!!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 May 2019, 14:23

Barring one game in particular, Peter Coyne actually had one of the best kicking games we’ve ever had. Yes, he did. He could put the ball on a sixpence in In goal.

He had absolutely nothing else to offer however and was broken as a player when he came to retire and travel Europe.

In terms of this year, I agree that it’s realistically gone. The players know it, the coaches know it, the fans know it.

However, the attitude and approach will be ‘let’s smash it’ but that extra 10-20% die-for-the-bloke-next-to-you uplift in performance having a settled and firing 19 players just isn’t going to be there. Let’s be honest with ourselves.

Planning and recruitment for next season should have been underway last year, never mind ‘let’s look to 2020 vision now’, so, I hope Jon and Daryl and the BoD have a vice like grip on the direction our playing roster and structures will look like for next season.

Wellsy needs to visibly demonstrate an element of the iron fist velvet glove approach that he probably likes to portray (just a personal impression) and show everyone why he is with us. Otherwise he’ll end up looking as farcical as the appointment of Ellery Hanley.

Sentiment or anxiety about reputation needs to be seen past, we NEED direction and action NOW, because where I’m sat it looks like we’ve gone downhill faster than Franz Klammer since the Hardaker / Gill debacle.

I have little doubt Daryl is the right man to lead us to success, but my GOD we need action now! Particularly a statement of intent from Jon. Instead of (like my post right now) writing a reasonably structured statement and being happy with it, there’s much, much, much more that needs to be done.

Otherwise we’ll end up struggling, and, as soon as next year. You have been warned!
Audacter Et Sincere

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 13 May 2019, 15:13

Fumper27 wrote:
The Fox wrote:
Frankas wrote:

Have you forgotten:
Brendon Hlad
Tom Harbrect

No Coyne was on par with peanut at kicking for touch, he also missed has meany has he got

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 14 May 2019, 10:03

Mysterio wrote:Barring one game in particular, Peter Coyne actually had one of the best kicking games we’ve ever had. Yes, he did. He could put the ball on a sixpence in In goal.

He had absolutely nothing else to offer however and was broken as a player when he came to retire and travel Europe.

In terms of this year, I agree that it’s realistically gone. The players know it, the coaches know it, the fans know it.

However, the attitude and approach will be ‘let’s smash it’ but that extra 10-20% die-for-the-bloke-next-to-you uplift in performance having a settled and firing 19 players just isn’t going to be there. Let’s be honest with ourselves.

Planning and recruitment for next season should have been underway last year, never mind ‘let’s look to 2020 vision now’, so, I hope Jon and Daryl and the BoD have a vice like grip on the direction our playing roster and structures will look like for next season.

Wellsy needs to visibly demonstrate an element of the iron fist velvet glove approach that he probably likes to portray (just a personal impression) and show everyone why he is with us. Otherwise he’ll end up looking as farcical as the appointment of Ellery Hanley.

Sentiment or anxiety about reputation needs to be seen past, we NEED direction and action NOW, because where I’m sat it looks like we’ve gone downhill faster than Franz Klammer since the Hardaker / Gill debacle.

I have little doubt Daryl is the right man to lead us to success, but my GOD we need action now! Particularly a statement of intent from Jon. Instead of (like my post right now) writing a reasonably structured statement and being happy with it, there’s much, much, much more that needs to be done.

Otherwise we’ll end up struggling, and, as soon as next year. You have been warned!
In the Jon Wells interview recently he talked of recruitment for the seasons ahead. Mentioning Smith as one for next season but he was released early. Wells signings have mainly been mid season, so probably not players expected. Smith yes but Blair, watts and peanut not.

I think we'll see a major overhaul. A DP says himself, you either change the squad or coach every 5 or 6 years.some tough calls to come. Done if the old guard will have to go aswell essonne younger members who we think we can do better.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 May 2019, 16:34

Season not over now lol wakey hammerd at london what a difference a week in sport can make .Wakey forum turned in to this forum all slagging each other off with a bad result :dance: :dance:

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 18 May 2019, 16:42

Shame Wire couldn’t do us a favour at Hull, potential to stay 3rd by the end of today’s matches. Looking like 4th think Wigan will edge this now Catalan have no play makers

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 18 May 2019, 16:53

SREGITSAC wrote:Shame Wire couldn’t do us a favour at Hull, potential to stay 3rd by the end of today’s matches. Looking like 4th think Wigan will edge this now Catalan have no play makers
Consider me massively off the mark... 5th it is!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 May 2019, 16:58

Looks like aliens have abducted the Hardaker that was at cas left a pale imitation
Last edited by tigerfeat on 18 May 2019, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 May 2019, 16:59

I’ll settle with 5th after this weeks games.
To say we were 7th last week and looking sorry for our self.

Have Warrington and Wakefield hit there peak and are now struggling....hope so.
Looks like it’s hull fc and Catalans to worry about.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 May 2019, 17:14

a bit too early to be looking at the table plenty of points available there will be lots of twists and turns to come

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 18 May 2019, 17:27

Wish Wire had beat Hull as Wire are 6 points in front so pretty much no catching top 2.

Happy for Catalan to beat Wigan as it keeps the chasing pack further adrift.

Great result with Wakefield losing.

next week I think Catalan and and Hull could pull 4 points ahead of us as they play Wakey and Huddersfield and obviously we have Saints.

but then if we get our players back we have a run of games where we could easily start winning plenty of games:
H Huddersfield
H Hull
A Salford
H London
H Leeds
A Wakefield
H Warrington
A Hull KR
H London
A Huddersield

If we can get bodies back for these games theres no reason we cant jump back up to 3rd and be in with a shout.
Last edited by Swagger on 18 May 2019, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 May 2019, 17:35

London didn’t lose :dance:

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 18 May 2019, 18:10

Pretty impressive scoring at the end Wakey 22 points in six minutes.
Almost but not quite the greatest come back ever.
Did London leave the feild early??

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 18 May 2019, 19:24

casjunction wrote:Pretty impressive scoring at the end Wakey 22 points in six minutes.
Almost but not quite the greatest come back ever.
Did London leave the feild early??
40 put past them again by London tho

Haha rubbish