departing players and those yet to be offered contract

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Re: departing players and those yet to be offered contract

Post by KB80 » 14 May 2019, 16:20

Reading between the lines, suggests Clark and Minikin have signed elsewhere.

Olpherts signed.

Offered contracts to Gill, Egodu and Maher :shock:

hawktiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hawktiger » 14 May 2019, 16:26

Definitions are as follows

The RFL circulate a list of players who are categorised as either 'Out of contract', meaning they have been told they won't be offered a new deal by their current club and will be leaving.

Or players on the list are described as 'Not Yet Determined', which means the club is still to put a firm contract offer on the table but has told the player that a contract offer will be forthcoming.

Those players who have either signed a new deal that hasn't been announced, been offered a deal or have signed for another club, are not included on the RFL's list.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 14 May 2019, 16:28

Should have put offering I my post (Not offered)

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 May 2019, 16:39

KB80 wrote:Reading between the lines, suggests Clark and Minikin have signed elsewhere.

Olpherts signed.

Gill and Egodu not been offered anything as of yet. Can imagine Gill will leave due to lack of game time, was speaking to a director for a team the other day, said he was interested in bringing him to his club.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 14 May 2019, 19:44

heritage1926 wrote:
KB80 wrote:Reading between the lines, suggests Clark and Minikin have signed elsewhere.

Olpherts signed.

Gill and Egodu not been offered anything as of yet. Can imagine Gill will leave due to lack of game time, was speaking to a director for a team the other day, said he was interested in bringing him to his club.
Linked article would indicate we are going to offer though.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 May 2019, 19:49

The article is worded badly.

Total RL/League Express indicates that the not yet determined is that the club haven’t decided whether to offer something or not yet.

Basically (IMO) translates as there’s more important to business to tie up first and club may offer deals down the track if budget is spare but no guarantee, otherwise players are free to pursue opportunities if one arises they are interested in.

To be honest, I think all of them will go. Aston and Gill are the ones I’m not sure on but I think if we wanted to keep Gill we would have offered him terms before now and played him. We haven’t and we haven’t recalled him either.

Aston has played himself into contract so I imagine he will be chomping at the bit to get another. The key thing for him is that he could get first team somewhere else off the back of this season or maybe even back up/third choice half on a bit more cash. Comes down to club vs cash/opportunity?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 15 May 2019, 21:09

Olpherts signed.

:shock: #-o

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 May 2019, 21:54

I honestly can’t believe we have signed olpherts. Still.

Do the club expect to sell season tickets when our new signing will be competing against the likes of Makinson, Charnley, Marshall, Burgess, Tom Johnstone, the Big hull men!?

WTAF.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 May 2019, 07:46

Interesting to see how many speccies we take to Anfield next week id suspect next year's season ticket sales will take a big hit downwards
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 16 May 2019, 08:04

tigerfeat wrote:Interesting to see how many speccies we take to Anfield next week id suspect next year's season ticket sales will take a big hit downwards
Won’t be going next Sunday

50/50 on season ticket

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 May 2019, 08:10

We’re going but although I like Liverpool as a City I think Anfield is a very poor venue choice other than for the benefit of Wire, Saints and Wigan fans if they don’t like travelling far

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 May 2019, 08:28

I've not seen it put anywhere how many tickets for Anfield we've sold id guess we would take 1200 -1400 about 3,000 down on the last two years which would tie in with the gate for the last home game
I know there are all different things to factor in but that's a alarming drop of support in such a short space of time
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 16 May 2019, 08:59

Zeb Taia, Adam Swift, Josh Jones and Robert Lui look appealing, probably not all of them mind with our budget!!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 May 2019, 09:06

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:Zeb Taia, Adam Swift, Josh Jones and Robert Lui look appealing, probably not all of them mind with our budget!!
Lui close to joining KR. Leeds and FC in for Josh Jones.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 16 May 2019, 09:08

tigerfeat wrote:I've not seen it put anywhere how many tickets for Anfield we've sold id guess we would take 1200 -1400 about 3,000 down on the last two years which would tie in with the gate for the last home game
I know there are all different things to factor in but that's a alarming drop of support in such a short space of time
I saw a table of which fans had sold the most we were 7th with Wakey Salford Catalan London n Huddersfield behind us
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 16 May 2019, 09:11

There’ll be two less at Anfield from my house but that’s nothing to do with our performances, it’s location and the fact we have plans that weekend.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 May 2019, 10:51

tigerfeat wrote:I've not seen it put anywhere how many tickets for Anfield we've sold id guess we would take 1200 -1400 about 3,000 down on the last two years which would tie in with the gate for the last home game
Venue makes a massive difference and for anyone stopping accommodation wasn’t that easy to find months ago

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 16 May 2019, 12:31

Newcastle was spot on for a festival of rugby league. Fantastic stadium in a city centre location with plenty of things to do.

if you didn't want to be trapped in the ground all day you could nip into the centre, have a bite to eat and a couple of beers and then back into the ground for more rugby. Have a great night out and then back for more on the Sunday.

At Anfield if you don't want to watch a game I suppose you could go for a walk around the houses surrounding the ground because there's nothing else to do. Stuck in the ground paying inflated prices for a beer and eating poor food.

That's why I'll be sat in the Green Dragon in Ponte watching with my feet up.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 16 May 2019, 14:33

Keithy wrote:Newcastle was spot on for a festival of rugby league. Fantastic stadium in a city centre location with plenty of things to do.

if you didn't want to be trapped in the ground all day you could nip into the centre, have a bite to eat and a couple of beers and then back into the ground for more rugby. Have a great night out and then back for more on the Sunday.

At Anfield if you don't want to watch a game I suppose you could go for a walk around the houses surrounding the ground because there's nothing else to do. Stuck in the ground paying inflated prices for a beer and eating poor food.

That's why I'll be sat in the Green Dragon in Ponte watching with my feet up.
I’m a massive Liverpool fan and only reason I aren’t going is the location.nothing around anfield like there is at Newcastle.newcastle was perfect and I’d gone for the last 3 years.heard rumours of spurs new stadium next season for magic of true it will be another I don’t attend