Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

Post by SuffolkTiger » 14 Jun 2019, 05:15

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I must have been watching a different game. Beyond me why Blair in particular is being targeted
I'm sure that Cheyse has the experience to prove his worth and not be distracted by the feedback from some posters in this thread.

Lions care not for the opinions of sheep.....

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Jun 2019, 05:25

Absolutely

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Jun 2019, 06:17

The thing is with Blair he was signed and labelled as an NRL star and most of us had never really heard of him so believed the hype. Whats he played now 5 or 6 games? and we've seen nothing that looks anything like an NRL star.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jun 2019, 06:39

jackknife wrote:The thing is with Blair he was signed and labelled as an NRL star and most of us had never really heard of him so believed the hype. Whats he played now 5 or 6 games? and we've seen nothing that looks anything like an NRL star.
You believed the hype despite never hearing of him? Two opposite points isn’t it?

Everyone who comes from the NRL is an NRL star. It’s part of the SL spiel of idolising the NRL. And let’s be fair, no club is going to say “bang average NRL player” are they?

However, I point back to his fitness levels and being thrown in at the deep end. He needs time.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Jun 2019, 07:16

So you buy into he is homesick for him not performing yet. there's a lot off over seas players come over this year at other clubs who have hit the straps from day one. Hope he gets better he as a long contract to prove himself. for me playing like his ankle is still bothering him time will tell[/quote]

But those players knew they were coming over well in advance (so could organise visas for their family) and had the opportunity to do preseason with their clubs.[/quote]
He's played plenty games now showed nothing mate. like I said we have given him a nice long contract and saved him off nrl scrap heap tp prove himself that is injury as not effected him time will tell let's debate this after another six games hope I am proven wrong and turns into a shrewd gamble.[/quote]

He’s played 5 games. Most supporters would have paid for Adrian Vowles to go back to Australia after more game than this.
I’ll judge him on next year (not after another 6 games) when he’s settled and done a pre-season with the club.
Only time will tell.[/quote]
Think you can judge somebody after eleven games lad. To be fare[/quote]

He hasn't played 11 games for us.

Give it a rest about Blair. If he is that bad get a shirt on yourself and lets see how you go then. Mr know it all.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 14 Jun 2019, 07:24

I keep reading that we lack attacking flair in the halves, and we are playing the same moves etc. So as a centre what is he supposed to do, come inside and look for the ball. We'll to be fair to him he did. And one of the biggest cheers came when he picked the ball up on his own line and marched hull back 30 yards most of which were post contact. I don't see anyone else doing that

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 14 Jun 2019, 07:28

Each time he gets the ball in attach he is surrounded by 3 or 4 players, yet still makes yards. We need to get quicker ball out to the backs as both centres are getting targeted in defense. The constant changing of the team is not helping get ajh flow in either attack or defense. I would say though we look slow in the back both running and passing and that needs to change

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jun 2019, 07:46

HuddsTigers wrote:
jackknife wrote:The thing is with Blair he was signed and labelled as an NRL star and most of us had never really heard of him so believed the hype. Whats he played now 5 or 6 games? and we've seen nothing that looks anything like an NRL star.
You believed the hype despite never hearing of him? Two opposite points isn’t it?

Everyone who comes from the NRL is an NRL star. It’s part of the SL spiel of idolising the NRL. And let’s be fair, no club is going to say “bang average NRL player” are they?

However, I point back to his fitness levels and being thrown in at the deep end. He needs time.
To be fair Hudds the red carpet was rolled and the big fanfare the club gave him, right or wrongly, generates hype and expectations so let's not kid ourselves.
We were desperate as fans and needed a Webbo replacement. Especially seeing what had happened the last time was lost a key player in Hardaker.

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 14 Jun 2019, 08:02

St Albans tiger wrote:Each time he gets the ball in attach he is surrounded by 3 or 4 players, yet still makes yards. We need to get quicker ball out to the backs as both centres are getting targeted in defense. The constant changing of the team is not helping get ajh flow in either attack or defense. I would say though we look slow in the back both running and passing and that needs to change
This

The ball he is currently getting from his halfback is shocking. How is he meant to look good?

The only time he seems to get any ball is when he is coming out of his own half.

Give him time and some decent ball and he will come good.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 14 Jun 2019, 08:59

Said exactly the same thing in the Minikin thread. Peanut as much as he is solid runs 30 yards forward and ten yards left then double pumps and then passes the ball to Blair - by which time he has no room to move and is then targeted in defense.

In Blair's defense when ever he gets the ball he straightens the line - which he needs to otherwise he may as well be stood with me in the stands the amount of room he gets

Fevtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fevtiger » 14 Jun 2019, 09:20

old cas lass wrote:Thought his catching was superb tonight.
Some of snyeds kick offs were going all over the place but Eden was there taking them all.
His runs out of defence, you just can’t knock tonight.
And a try in top of that.

My MOM by far.
Must of been watching a different game to me eden over run blairs pass which was a certain try he came in off his wing again for hulls 1st try when there was no need to he did catch every ball but there was only 1 kick e caught under pressure every other was a kick off or defence were 10 yard away which he should b catching shouldn't be applauding him for catching kick offs surely he runs 20 yard sideways and 5 yards forward and through Clare a nice murder ball from a kick return took his try well though

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 14 Jun 2019, 09:24

Hmmm shades of a certain SOO player who came to Cas and was dyer, fans wanted rid in first year but went on to be Cas legend and MoS.........

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Jun 2019, 09:29

HuddsTigers wrote:
Not really id never heard of him and was lead to believe he was a superstar centre that was goin to make a difference to our team which he hasn't.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Jun 2019, 09:31

the happy hooker9 wrote:
Hmmm shades of a certain SOO player who came to Cas and was dyer, fans wanted rid in first year but went on to be Cas legend and MoS.........
Im not saying Blair wont do the same im just pointing out hes not done anything yet so show us he will.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 14 Jun 2019, 13:57

What is blair supposed to do? Apparently his own fans are berating him from the stands- if this was me my confidence would be low too. Personally i think he will come good but it will take time but thats only my opinion.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Jun 2019, 14:09

Not all of his own fans are having a go at him.

Let’s see what we get after a settling in period and when his family etc all arrive. A pre season and his fitness improves and so will his co ordination in all the moves.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Jun 2019, 14:11

johnson wrote:What is blair supposed to do? Apparently his own fans are berating him from the stands- if this was me my confidence would be low too. Personally i think he will come good but it will take time but thats only my opinion.
End off the day we were desperate for a centre we knew this 18month ago we left it that late there was nobody left. So made a gamble on nrl player put on the scrap heap by his parent club because lost form through seroius injury I said this when we signed him. Maybe the gamble will pay off maybe he will never get his early career nrl form back. these are the gambles we really should not be making a centre should have being target soon as webster new he was going but that seems how the present regime seem to run the club brush it under the carpet till it comes back and bites them.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 14 Jun 2019, 14:20

flow wrote:
johnson wrote:What is blair supposed to do? Apparently his own fans are berating him from the stands- if this was me my confidence would be low too. Personally i think he will come good but it will take time but thats only my opinion.
End off the day we were desperate for a centre we knew this 18month ago we left it that late there was nobody left. So made a gamble on nrl player put on the scrap heap by his parent club because lost form through seroius injury I said this when we signed him. Maybe the gamble will pay off maybe he will never get his early career nrl form back. these are the gambles we really should not be making a centre should have being target soon as webster new he was going but that seems how the present regime seem to run the club brush it under the carpet till it comes back and bites them.
The thing is flow fans having a go and telling him hes crap isn’t going to help is it? I thought as fans we were there to support our team? He wears our shirt and while he does he will get my full support.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 14 Jun 2019, 14:28

johnson wrote:
flow wrote:
The thing is flow fans having a go and telling him hes crap isn’t going to help is it? I thought as fans we were there to support our team? He wears our shirt and while he does he will get my full support.
As supporters of our great club the majority of our behaviour should look like this:

SUPPORTER | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... /supporter
supporter definition: 1. someone who supports a particular idea, group, or person: 2. someone who wants a particular team to win

Then there is balanced healthy debate, constructive suggestions and the exchange of factual information.

Anything else is just moaning.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Jun 2019, 17:11

johnson wrote:
flow wrote:
And what point do you suggest the supports have a right to post concerns when we get relugated again.