Egodo

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Egodo

Post by gateman » 16 Jul 2019, 12:51

Egodo looks good with the ball in hand his try scoring count is good against against matches played, he drops clangers but so does Eden , Egodo will be lucky if he is on half the wages Eden is on

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 16 Jul 2019, 14:21

Why you happy with people like egodo playing for us ? He wouldn’t get in any other starting team in league

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Jul 2019, 16:53

Tigersbarmy wrote:Why you happy with people like egodo playing for us ? He wouldn’t get in any other starting team in league
i am just stating how i see it i am neither happy or unhappy with Egodo

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 16 Jul 2019, 17:03

But surely we all want the club to do well and be up there challenging and we’re never gonna be able to do so with that clown in the team with his basic simple errors like not been able to catch a ball from a kick off

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Jul 2019, 17:24

Tigersbarmy wrote:But surely we all want the club to do well and be up there challenging and we’re never gonna be able to do so with that clown in the team with his basic simple errors like not been able to catch a ball from a kick off
He's 22 years old and played about 4 SL games. Did you never make mistakes when you were younger? Assuming you've got past that age already. Give him a break!

We're never going to be up there challenging if McShane chooses to go himself all the time. Or if Eden drops a routine kick (he's made 30 errors). Or if Gale misses lots of conversions - bet you don't bag them the way you're harassing Egodo like you are. Maybe we would be challenging if Watts and Milner hadn't missed 72 tackles each, Minikin 66 and McShane 61? How about Watts giving away 21 penalties and Matautia 17?

You could argue we'd never won against Wigan or Wakefield without him scoring the tries he did too.

I assume you think Warrington won't be challenging for playing Dec Patton or Toby King too? Or maybe Saints shouldn't be challenging for playing Jack Ashworth and Aaron Smith.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jul 2019, 17:33

I can see why we brought Egodo in made more sense than bringing Clare back he's 70 per cent got what it takes the other 30 per cent sadly I don't think he will ever have hence he won't stay that's way it goes
Admit he's a easy target to be picking on tho few more I would be criticizing before him this season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 16 Jul 2019, 18:10

Tigersbarmy wrote:But surely we all want the club to do well and be up there challenging and we’re never gonna be able to do so with that clown in the team with his basic simple errors like not been able to catch a ball from a kick off
Why don’t you tell him to his face what you think of him rather than hiding at the back of your keyboard. I’m sure he’d love to be referred to as “that clown”. Unbelievable disrespect to a lad giving his all week in week out for our club. Whatever you think of his ability as a rugby player personal insults to the kid or any other of our players are bang out of order.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 16 Jul 2019, 18:25

daytona wrote:
Why don’t you tell him to his face what you think of him rather than hiding at the back of your keyboard. I’m sure he’d love to be referred to as “that clown”. Unbelievable disrespect to a lad giving his all week in week out for our club. Whatever you think of his ability as a rugby player personal insults to the kid or any other of our players are bang out of order.
We should av a casforum club trip I'd enjoy meeting a few on ere face to face it would be lovely :-" :liar:

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 Jul 2019, 19:32

Balboa1 wrote:
daytona wrote:
We should av a casforum club trip I'd enjoy meeting a few on ere face to face it would be lovely :-" :liar:
I am up for booze up not bothered about club trip pop and crisp lol some on here would have to have a few different masks on to match there multiple log on accounts :D :D I agree no need for personal assaults if somebody not performing by all means get stuck in about how bad there performing on here. But no childish name calling specially after poor circus acts.
Last edited by flow on 16 Jul 2019, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Jul 2019, 19:33

Balboa1 wrote:
daytona wrote:
Years ago we did have a get together in the tiger bar.
Had a nice buffet and lots of beer.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jul 2019, 19:41

flow wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
daytona wrote:
I am up for booze up not bothered about club trip pop and crisp lol some on here would have to have a few different masks on to match there multiple log on accounts :D :D I agree no need for personal assaults if somebody not performing by all means get stuck in about how bad there performing on here. But no childish name calling specially after poor circus acts.
That's what I thought flow some people would be dashing in and out of bogs getting changed like a bad stage farce ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 16 Jul 2019, 19:54

Would happily tell him he’s not good enough to be at this club to his face . I told Wayne pryce to his face he wasn’t good enough back in 2006 . Yes he might be 22 but not good enough . Why can’t I have an opinion on a player that ain’t good enough in my opinion ? There’s quite a lot in this team that aren’t good enough . There’s a reason why Paul McShane has never played for England before . His game management isn’t good enough compared to others fighting for England hooker spot. James Clare wasn’t good enough first time he was with us , he’s not much better than when he left . Greg minikin is not good enough too, how many times does he shoot out of the line and not get anyone ? I love this club more than anyone and go to more a less every game why can’t I express my opinion. Positive I think Liam Watts and Mcmeeken have been class for a couple of months now . Trueman looked very good taking on the line against wakey . Adam Milner had a decent game v wakey . So did a couple others

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 16 Jul 2019, 19:58

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
daytona wrote:
That's what I thought flow some people would be dashing in and out of bogs getting changed like a bad stage farce ;)
:dance: :lol:

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 16 Jul 2019, 20:01

HuddsTigers wrote:
He's 22 years old and played about 4 SL games. Did you never make mistakes when you were younger? Assuming you've got past that age already. Give him a break!

We're never going to be up there challenging if McShane chooses to go himself all the time. Or if Eden drops a routine kick (he's made 30 errors). Or if Gale misses lots of conversions - bet you don't bag them the way you're harassing Egodo like you are. Maybe we would be challenging if Watts and Milner hadn't missed 72 tackles each, Minikin 66 and McShane 61? How about Watts giving away 21 penalties and Matautia 17?

You could argue we'd never won against Wigan or Wakefield without him scoring the tries he did too.

I assume you think Warrington won't be challenging for playing Dec Patton or Toby King too? Or maybe Saints shouldn't be challenging for playing Jack Ashworth and Aaron Smith.

Don’t compare Toby king to egodo lol . Just showing about rugby sense . Since when did age determine how good you was at rugby

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 16 Jul 2019, 20:01

HuddsTigers wrote:

Would you keep him?

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 16 Jul 2019, 20:13

Tigersbarmy wrote:Would happily tell him he’s not good enough to be at this club to his face . I told Wayne pryce to his face he wasn’t good enough back in 2006 . Yes he might be 22 but not good enough . Why can’t I have an opinion on a player that ain’t good enough in my opinion ? There’s quite a lot in this team that aren’t good enough . There’s a reason why Paul McShane has never played for England before . His game management isn’t good enough compared to others fighting for England hooker spot. James Clare wasn’t good enough first time he was with us , he’s not much better than when he left . Greg minikin is not good enough too, how many times does he shoot out of the line and not get anyone ? I love this club more than anyone and go to more a less every game why can’t I express my opinion. Positive I think Liam Watts and Mcmeeken have been class for a couple of months now . Trueman looked very good taking on the line against wakey . Adam Milner had a decent game v wakey . So did a couple others
I have no problem with your opinion at all that’s fine. I take issue with the personal nature of your attack on him referring to him as “that clown”. I find that a bit disrespectful to a professional sportsman busting a gut for your own team.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Jul 2019, 20:19

Tigersbarmy wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Don’t compare Toby king to egodo lol . Just showing about rugby sense . Since when did age determine how good you was at rugby

The point is they had to start somewhere as young kids, and inexperienced players are going to make mistakes. Look at Danny Richardson.

Age doesn’t determine how good you are but it does determine how savvy, experienced and able to cope with pressure you are. Egodo has done a decent job in the games he’s played. Only consistent playing, learning and coaching will see him improve and those mistakes eradicated.

Any rugby league player will tell you that you never stop learning. It’s quite ironic that just after a mental health round a fan or two thinks it’s ok to deride a player in such a way.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Jul 2019, 20:21

classycas57 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Would you keep him?
If we could afford to and had time to develop him in a Reserves set up, definitely. I think he’s got the raw materials to be a good player.

However, like Tom Holmes it’s probably in his best interests to go get first team rugby and cut himself at another level, if no one in SL takes a punt on him. But I don’t think we will see the last of Tuoyo Egodo in SL and I blooming hope he does get back up. We need more London-born products in Super League and keep that production line going.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 16 Jul 2019, 20:28

daytona wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:Would happily tell him he’s not good enough to be at this club to his face . I told Wayne pryce to his face he wasn’t good enough back in 2006 . Yes he might be 22 but not good enough . Why can’t I have an opinion on a player that ain’t good enough in my opinion ? There’s quite a lot in this team that aren’t good enough . There’s a reason why Paul McShane has never played for England before . His game management isn’t good enough compared to others fighting for England hooker spot. James Clare wasn’t good enough first time he was with us , he’s not much better than when he left . Greg minikin is not good enough too, how many times does he shoot out of the line and not get anyone ? I love this club more than anyone and go to more a less every game why can’t I express my opinion. Positive I think Liam Watts and Mcmeeken have been class for a couple of months now . Trueman looked very good taking on the line against wakey . Adam Milner had a decent game v wakey . So did a couple others
I have no problem with your opinion at all that’s fine. I take issue with the personal nature of your attack on him referring to him as “that clown”. I find that a bit disrespectful to a professional sportsman busting a gut for your own team.
Is he really busting a gut though? He’s worst winger I’ve ever seen in a cas shirt . Tell me who he’s better than who we’ve had on wing ?

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 16 Jul 2019, 20:33

HuddsTigers wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

The point is they had to start somewhere as young kids, and inexperienced players are going to make mistakes. Look at Danny Richardson.

Age doesn’t determine how good you are but it does determine how savvy, experienced and able to cope with pressure you are. Egodo has done a decent job in the games he’s played. Only consistent playing, learning and coaching will see him improve and those mistakes eradicated.

Any rugby league player will tell you that you never stop learning. It’s quite ironic that just after a mental health round a fan or two thinks it’s ok to deride a player in such a way.
Yes Danny Richardson isn’t good enough and look where he’s been playing , either at Leigh or completely binned front he saints team . I would say he played less than 5 games for them this year . And what do you class as a decent job ? Yes he is a strong lad that can finish a try but he’s very limited at his ball skills . Its nothing personal against the lad I hope he has a very successful career and makes a lot of money but I just can’t see him doing that in a cas shirt . Serious question now can someone explain to me why they think egodo should be in the team and his benefits of him been in the team . Would love to here some feedback about the lad as we all have different opinions