on to Warrington

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: on to Warrington

Post by Tigersbarmy » 21 Jul 2019, 22:06

HuddsTigers wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:Yes everyone played decent today apart from egodo
You have it in for him don’t you?

Now James Clare can’t be the fall guy, we will move on to the next victim shall we?
Because he’s the worst player I’ve ever seen pull on our famous colours . He gives away so many knock ons which leads to points it’s unbearable to watch . I cringe every time he takes ball in

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jul 2019, 22:14

Tigersbarmy wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:Yes everyone played decent today apart from egodo
You have it in for him don’t you?

Now James Clare can’t be the fall guy, we will move on to the next victim shall we?
Because he’s the worst player I’ve ever seen pull on our famous colours . He gives away so many knock ons which leads to points it’s unbearable to watch . I cringe every time he takes ball in
Not too dissimilar to Greg Eden then???

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 21 Jul 2019, 22:50

If you seriously think egodo is better than Eden I worry

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Jul 2019, 23:30

a lot of wire fans are questioning why they brought livett and johnson back from their loan spell at hkr and didn't play either of them. despite inferior players being in the 17. didn't do hkr any favours in their defeat to shudds.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Jul 2019, 23:33

HuddsTigers wrote:Fair point.

I just don’t believe that those players put anywhere near the intensity or effort in that I’ve come to expect of a Wire team and do feel that being close to the semi was a factor in that.

But you’re also right in that it could also be symptomatic of their form too. I guess it’s just hard to be enthusiastic about a win where you don’t know where the line starts and stops.

Will be interesting to see how we go against a KR side scrapping at the bottom end of the table in two weeks. Whole different challenge .
not trying to be funny mate but did you go to the game ??

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 21 Jul 2019, 23:37

Good win today and one I didn’t see coming if I’m honest

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Jul 2019, 23:51

Egodo raw as a a carrot and makes mistakes , but give the lad his due he certainly knows were the try line is today he scored a good one and was only inches of making it two he was in the action to bundle Charnley in to touch, Eden might have more speed but Egodo as strength, Egodo makes mistakes but so does Eden

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jul 2019, 05:32

Tigersbarmy wrote:If you seriously think egodo is better than Eden I worry
Can you point out where I said Egodo is “better” than Eden? I said they’re similar in that when Eden gets the ball I cringe wondered what cluster-fk is coming (as I did as I saw him lining up the pass on his own 10 years line v Leeds). If you’re going to engage in meaningful debate, at least read what the other person has stated and respond appropriately. What Egodo does has going for him is that mistake don’t seem to phase him and he goes again.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 22 Jul 2019, 05:51

Eden offers so much more in terms of his pace and scoring long range try’s out of nothing . Eden through one pass which lead to a knock on in a game we was never in or going to win and has been dropped for 2 week . The lad is going through a lot of personal issues at the minute . Look at the 2017 year he was class . Eden makes a lot of errors or the back of him trying to create stuff like passing or backing him self to run round someone that sometimes leads to him getting put in touch . But Eden offers so much more than egodo and so he should to be fair he’s probably on 3 times as much more than T and has played a lot more super league games

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jul 2019, 05:57

I like both of them. I feel Egodo needs to develop and should be used sparingly during that development period
I think in Eden’s case he is struggling with confidence and nothing is quite going right, e.g. having the field length try ruled out against Leeds. We need to stick with him and he will come good again, in the same way that Clare has recently

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 22 Jul 2019, 08:49

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I like both of them. I feel Egodo needs to develop and should be used sparingly during that development period
I think in Eden’s case he is struggling with confidence and nothing is quite going right, e.g. having the field length try ruled out against Leeds. We need to stick with him and he will come good again, in the same way that Clare has recently
‘Nothing is going quite right ‘ - he made one bad pass against Leeds that’s it

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jul 2019, 08:54

Tigersbarmy wrote:Eden offers so much more in terms of his pace and scoring long range try’s out of nothing . Eden through one pass which lead to a knock on in a game we was never in or going to win and has been dropped for 2 week . The lad is going through a lot of personal issues at the minute . Look at the 2017 year he was class . Eden makes a lot of errors or the back of him trying to create stuff like passing or backing him self to run round someone that sometimes leads to him getting put in touch . But Eden offers so much more than egodo and so he should to be fair he’s probably on 3 times as much more than T and has played a lot more super league games
Personal issues a nice way of putting it I suppose...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jul 2019, 09:49

Tigersbarmy wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:I like both of them. I feel Egodo needs to develop and should be used sparingly during that development period
‘Nothing is going quite right ‘ - he made one bad pass against Leeds that’s it
But it’s not even the first time this season that he’s done “one bad pass”, is it? Again, TB, point to me where I said Egodo is better than Eden? I think TE has something to offer, now is just the wrong time

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 22 Jul 2019, 11:38

Just watched the highlights, does anyone think macca will be up on a disciplinary for going in with his knees on lynam when he scored in the corner?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Jul 2019, 11:46

derkster wrote:Just watched the highlights, does anyone think macca will be up on a disciplinary for going in with his knees on lynam when he scored in the corner?
Genuine attempt for me to put him in touch. Nothing in it. Lineham nor Warrington complain about it.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 22 Jul 2019, 16:22

classycas57 wrote:

I just don’t believe that those players put anywhere near the intensity or effort in that I’ve come to expect of a Wire team and do feel that being close to the semi was a factor in that.

But you’re also right in that it could also be symptomatic of their form too. I guess it’s just hard to be enthusiastic about a win where you don’t know where the line starts and stops.

Will be interesting to see how we go against a KR side scrapping at the bottom end of the table in two weeks. Whole different challenge .
Yes it will be like a cup final to hull Kr. A bit of a rest for cas but like you say it will test us out big time this game.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 22 Jul 2019, 16:44

classycas57 wrote:

Yes it will be like a cup final to hull Kr. A bit of a rest for cas but like you say it will test us out big time this game.
Can't disagree with any of that,historically teams engaged in a Challenge cup semi or final suffer significantly the week prior or post the big game and bookmakers will adjust the spreads accordingly,the spread for the Wires game moved six points in Cas's favour simply based on that factor even though they fielded a near full strength side.The Broncos Saints game saw an even larger contraction in the spread,exaggerated even further once Saints named an almost reserve team
So statistically neither would be games you would risk your mortgage on and true to form no major bets were placed with my firm on Warrington or Saints,the big players didn't want to know. The K.R. game on the other hand complete different kettle of fish,two teams with a hell of a lot to play for going at it,could and should be a cracker rightly or wrongly Cas will go in as heavy favourites I just hope we can justify it

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Jul 2019, 16:50

derkster wrote:Just watched the highlights, does anyone think macca will be up on a disciplinary for going in with his knees on lynam when he scored in the corner?
Good call
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jul 2019, 21:22

Hepworth7 wrote:
classycas57 wrote:

Can't disagree with any of that,historically teams engaged in a Challenge cup semi or final suffer significantly the week prior or post the big game and bookmakers will adjust the spreads accordingly,the spread for the Wires game moved six points in Cas's favour simply based on that factor even though they fielded a near full strength side.The Broncos Saints game saw an even larger contraction in the spread,exaggerated even further once Saints named an almost reserve team
So statistically neither would be games you would risk your mortgage on and true to form no major bets were placed with my firm on Warrington or Saints,the big players didn't want to know. The K.R. game on the other hand complete different kettle of fish,two teams with a hell of a lot to play for going at it,could and should be a cracker rightly or wrongly Cas will go in as heavy favourites I just hope we can justify it
Well they haven’t been putting the intensity of effort for a while then. Fourth defeat in six. I have no doubt at all they wanted to win. They just aren’t good enough at the moment, like we weren’t for a few weeks

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Jul 2019, 08:36

I dont think it as been mentioned but to me one of the big factors of our win , was the energy and enthusiasm Jesse put in to the game especially early on , the lad looked out on his feet at one stage but rallied again doing much of the same , no wonder this lad is one of the fans Favorites