Club’s Newsletter Email

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Club’s Newsletter Email

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jul 2019, 12:27

Might be worth emailing media@castigers.com since that's where it came from, if you didn't get the newsletter. They may be able to check.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 17 Jul 2019, 12:33

thanks Hudds, i'll drop them an email tomorrow.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Jul 2019, 16:20

HuddsTigers wrote:Might be worth emailing media@castigers.com since that's where it came from, if you didn't get the newsletter. They may be able to check.
Or you could just post it on here. Don't have time faffing about chasing them up, I shouldn't have to they clearly have issues with it looking at this thread.

Or DM me it if you want

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 17 Jul 2019, 16:25

dropped them an email & got a very fast response together with a link to the first newsletter & my name manually added to the recipients list so pleased with the outcome. not sure why my original application was missed but im on the list now :D

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2019, 16:30

What's it say in news letter then ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jul 2019, 17:29

fords wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Might be worth emailing media@castigers.com since that's where it came from, if you didn't get the newsletter. They may be able to check.
Or you could just post it on here. Don't have time faffing about chasing them up, I shouldn't have to they clearly have issues with it looking at this thread.

Or DM me it if you want
I'll summarise in a separate post for everyone but I'm not posting the entire thing as it stops the club being able to get a more up-to-date database of fans and completely goes against the point of signing up in the first place.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jul 2019, 17:30

HuddsTigers wrote:
fords wrote:

Or DM me it if you want
I'll summarise in a separate post for everyone but I'm not posting the entire thing as it stops the club being able to get a more up-to-date database of fans and completely goes against the point of signing up in the first place.

But when you sign up and hear nowt :?

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 17 Jul 2019, 17:39

old cas lass wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
fords wrote:

Or DM me it if you want

But when you sign up and hear nowt :?

I didn't think i had received mine either but i found it in my spam folder, marked it as not spam then it went to my inbox.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jul 2019, 17:48

Can someone put the original post up that the club put on a few weeks back.
I’m gonna try again. But can’t find the link.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 17 Jul 2019, 17:51

old cas lass wrote:Can someone put the original post up that the club put on a few weeks back.
thanks to Hudds i emailed media@castigers.com & got an immediate response & he sorted out what ever the problem was?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jul 2019, 17:56

yorky wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Can someone put the original post up that the club put on a few weeks back.
thanks to Hudds i emailed media@castigers.com & got an immediate response & he sorted out what ever the problem was?

Found it.
Just re done it.
So I’ll see if I get the news letter.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jul 2019, 18:00

I've covered all the finer points below, excluding some non-essential bits and pieces. Apologies if it's clunky in places but I've tried to summarise it. If you want to read it in full you'll have to email the club :)

Recruitment
* Overseen by Jon Wells, Daryl and the coaching staff. Runs a year ahead of time, centred a succession framework looking at existing squad and salary cap position
* Targets identified, video analysed, shortlist drawn up. Starts with onfield ability but also look at character/ethos to match values/standards at club. Passed over a few based on these last criteria.
* Then down to finances and making it work - JW's job but also requires input of BoD. We aim to provide a positive and egalitarian wage structure where all players feel valued
* JW says he has provided a couple of clunky quotes that gave impression we didn't need to improve the squad - thought there were plenty of SL clubs at end of 2018 who needed a major overhaul - we weren't one. Seeing that played out in 2019 and Leeds is example
* JW and DP both think we have an excellent squad - finer details involve form, ability, positional elements, as well as personnel changes. As much as 80% of salary cap can already be allocated in future years to existing players through historical deals/contract upgrades (e.g. Trueman, Watts, Foster)
* X-factor is a key thing - Hardaker is an example. Think he played best he ever has in 2017 and doesn't think he will reach those heights again. 2017 was where a lot went right. Working towards getting back there.

New Stadium/Wheldon Road +Debt repayment
* Received full reserved matters - been advised developer looking to break ground later this year. Approx 1 yr of earthworks/highways before piled foundations commence
* Bricks are still going to be included in new stadium
* Work with developers allows us to expand stadium at later date - if we are selling out stadium then we will look at raising funds to fill in the corners
* Priority to develop a top class training facility - likelihood could be at WR, so unlikely to sell it.
* Always open to meet with investors who can make a difference and have the club at heart

Junior Development (it was about Reserves too but as this has been announced I won't bother with this)
* Committed youth dev department who work hard to source best promising youngsters
* Has to be done with patience and care - can't pillage local clubs and we most work with them to keep credibility of community game, welfare and avoid burn out

Sky money + games/salary cap/marquee
* Sky money doesn't cover the cap. Presently get £1.65m + £100k for charity foundation, and it costs £5m to run club, £3m of which is in the rugby department
* Shortfall of £26k per week we have to make up as a result
* To be able to afford marquee players comfortably we'd need to average 9k without discounted tickets/Kids for A Quid
* Sky games - unless we have a good reason to decline changes, we have to agree to them. 4 things affect attendances in order (form, Sky TV, day of games, weather). Fair to say form and amount of Sky games has effected home and away attendances

Clothing/Apparel (xblades + lack of mentions of RLFC on clothing)
* Products in production - more traditional and feature old crest. Trying to work with suppliers to bring more varied products
* Can't give us any info on whether we're sticking with Xblades due to commercial sensitivity - been in discussions last 18 months with several companies, and received detailed written quotes from 5. Also had convos with other companies who didn't make it through. Ongoing and details released once able.

Injury Updates
* Acknowledge could do better and aim to do this but try to provide info as best as they can on players - hard to give recovery times when individualised and down to each player's body.
* However, we would like to keep some information in-house so as not to disclose positions to clubs

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2019, 18:05

Cheers great job that...il get signed up for next one if there coming out every month
Vince Lombardi

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 17 Jul 2019, 19:24

Good little read that. Nice to be kept up to date on where we stand on a lot of things.

Chance to fill in the 4 corners of the new stadium is a good thing. (if the stadium ever gets built) 10k will probably be enough for 75% of home games. More away fans may come over now though with Xscape and plenty of things to do within walking distance.

I understand why the club want to make all players feel valued when it comes to wages for the players but I'm not sure that's the way to go..... The best teams in the league all use the marquee player rule and it's something I feel we need to do eventually if we want to entice the best players to our club.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Jul 2019, 08:52

HuddsTigers wrote:I've covered all the finer points below, excluding some non-essential bits and pieces. Apologies if it's clunky in places but I've tried to summarise it. If you want to read it in full you'll have to email the club :)

Recruitment
* Overseen by Jon Wells, Daryl and the coaching staff. Runs a year ahead of time, centred a succession framework looking at existing squad and salary cap position
* Targets identified, video analysed, shortlist drawn up. Starts with onfield ability but also look at character/ethos to match values/standards at club. Passed over a few based on these last criteria.
* Then down to finances and making it work - JW's job but also requires input of BoD. We aim to provide a positive and egalitarian wage structure where all players feel valued
* JW says he has provided a couple of clunky quotes that gave impression we didn't need to improve the squad - thought there were plenty of SL clubs at end of 2018 who needed a major overhaul - we weren't one. Seeing that played out in 2019 and Leeds is example
* JW and DP both think we have an excellent squad - finer details involve form, ability, positional elements, as well as personnel changes. As much as 80% of salary cap can already be allocated in future years to existing players through historical deals/contract upgrades (e.g. Trueman, Watts, Foster)
* X-factor is a key thing - Hardaker is an example. Think he played best he ever has in 2017 and doesn't think he will reach those heights again. 2017 was where a lot went right. Working towards getting back there.

New Stadium/Wheldon Road +Debt repayment
* Received full reserved matters - been advised developer looking to break ground later this year. Approx 1 yr of earthworks/highways before piled foundations commence
* Bricks are still going to be included in new stadium
* Work with developers allows us to expand stadium at later date - if we are selling out stadium then we will look at raising funds to fill in the corners
* Priority to develop a top class training facility - likelihood could be at WR, so unlikely to sell it.
* Always open to meet with investors who can make a difference and have the club at heart

Junior Development (it was about Reserves too but as this has been announced I won't bother with this)
* Committed youth dev department who work hard to source best promising youngsters
* Has to be done with patience and care - can't pillage local clubs and we most work with them to keep credibility of community game, welfare and avoid burn out

Sky money + games/salary cap/marquee
* Sky money doesn't cover the cap. Presently get £1.65m + £100k for charity foundation, and it costs £5m to run club, £3m of which is in the rugby department
* Shortfall of £26k per week we have to make up as a result
* To be able to afford marquee players comfortably we'd need to average 9k without discounted tickets/Kids for A Quid
* Sky games - unless we have a good reason to decline changes, we have to agree to them. 4 things affect attendances in order (form, Sky TV, day of games, weather). Fair to say form and amount of Sky games has effected home and away attendances

Clothing/Apparel (xblades + lack of mentions of RLFC on clothing)
* Products in production - more traditional and feature old crest. Trying to work with suppliers to bring more varied products
* Can't give us any info on whether we're sticking with Xblades due to commercial sensitivity - been in discussions last 18 months with several companies, and received detailed written quotes from 5. Also had convos with other companies who didn't make it through. Ongoing and details released once able.

Injury Updates
* Acknowledge could do better and aim to do this but try to provide info as best as they can on players - hard to give recovery times when individualised and down to each player's body.
* However, we would like to keep some information in-house so as not to disclose positions to clubs
once again excellent post hudds tiger you should have applied for the marketing job being advertised at the club . Only alarming thing is that they though the squad was good enough and don't need a major overhaul. and no plans to sell wheldon road probably is missing a trick to fund filling in the corners and invest in the squad and pay debts off.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2019, 09:08

Interesting word clunky to describe totally miss reading the strength of the team by Wells before a ball was kicked have to remember that one ...
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 Jul 2019, 09:47

I’d appreciate a copy &paste pm please.

I’ll akfn up then, thanks.
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Jul 2019, 09:57

It's a good update from the club and answers a few repetitive questions put on here.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Jul 2019, 12:27

big thanks to the media team , i was having trouble login on i contacted them within 24 hours i received the newsletter and they informed me that i will automatically receive them in future