Injury update

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Injury update

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Aug 2019, 14:31

https://castlefordtigers.com/mobile/article.php?id=6547

Gale our for the season. Sounds like some really nasty and unfortunate injuries in there too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Injury update

Post by yorky » 25 Aug 2019, 08:24

Junior Moors sounds dreadful, what pain these lads go through

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Aug 2019, 09:46

Good piece. Thanks for posting

It puts into context why we've not been firing this season but are still in with a shout of the top 5.

Stark contrast with 2017 when we were very lucky with injuries.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Aug 2019, 11:27

Moors will announce is retirement at the end of the season same time Jessie announces he is off back to Aus.

2 great players will be missed.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Aug 2019, 11:29

Mucky1978 wrote:Moors will announce is retirement at the end of the season same time Jessie announces he is off back to Aus.

You making stuff up again???

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Aug 2019, 11:30

Fumper27 wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:Moors will announce is retirement at the end of the season same time Jessie announces he is off back to Aus.

Jesse family don’t wanna return.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Aug 2019, 11:46

Can't see why junior moors can't get back to full fitness or why he would want to retire at 33
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Aug 2019, 11:47

If Jesse goes, it will be with my best wishes.
His family circumstances have changed and his wife and children are now back in Australia permanently. If he wants to be with them, it would be wrong to criticise him for moving back and he should be allowed to do so. The club are supporting him as much as possible and allowed him to travel home immediately after the Huddersfield match as we had the cup final weekend without a game.
Of course, he's got a year on his contract. Financially, he might not be able to afford just to write that off and return to Australia, so he might choose to stay for 2020.
Whatever he does, he's been an asset to the club and would have my support.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 25 Aug 2019, 11:52

nottinghamtiger wrote:

His family circumstances have changed and his wife and children are now back in Australia permanently. If he wants to be with them, it would be wrong to criticise him for moving back and he should be allowed to do so. The club are supporting him as much as possible and allowed him to travel home immediately after the Huddersfield match as we had the cup final weekend without a game.
Of course, he's got a year on his contract. Financially, he might not be able to afford just to write that off and return to Australia, so he might choose to stay for 2020.
If all these rumours true going to look very weak next season specially with no 100% sure Gale will be any were same player hope we have some room left in budget to fetch a few more players in.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Aug 2019, 11:52

tigerfeat wrote:Can't see why junior moors can't get back to full fitness or why he would want to retire at 33
Perhaps he has seen the state of some other players who suffered serious or multiple injuries but continued to play?
His long-term ability to lead a life without pain might be quite an influence.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Aug 2019, 13:54

Mucky1978 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Jesse family don’t wanna return.
What about Jesse’s business interests in the UK???

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Aug 2019, 14:21

If Jesse as to leave us for family reasons he should go with the blessings of all us CAS fans the lad as been like a breath of fresh air every time he as took the field, your heart must go out to Moors to sustain such a bad injury so late in his career is sheer bad luck i would be surprised if we see him in a CAS shirt again

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 25 Aug 2019, 14:47

Both Moors and Jesse's are Speculation and perhaps should be in the rumour section.
Both players are great servants to the club.
Jesse's boundless enthusiasm is a tonic to everyone.
That is all about personality and belief.
Junior has always amused me as he conjures up tries when he seems to have been held.
There situations are obviously different but what ever they do l cannot think anyone could not do anything but thank them and wish them well.
Selfishly l would like to see both go around another season.
We do seem to have more than our fair share of injuries.
I wonder how much stature and ground conditions contribute.
Back in the day there were few big mobile lads.
Muddy pitches slow down every aspect.
They usually had a bit more padding and softer landing
Playing with niggles cannot help.
We in the northern hemisphere play more than our antipodean counterparts.
Just thinking out loud.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Aug 2019, 20:48

nottinghamtiger wrote:

Absolutely spot on.
However if they are true (and I am inclined to think we have seen th best of Moors now anyway) then we need to know as a club right now. 2 big wages. 2 vital quota spots. 2 vastly experienced players who will be difficult to replace. We have missed Moors for 2 years now as even when he has played he hasn't seemed right.
If this is true but left late then we all know the nightmare we will have in attracting quality suitable fits.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Aug 2019, 22:36

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Absolutely spot on.
However if they are true (and I am inclined to think we have seen th best of Moors now anyway) then we need to know as a club right now. 2 big wages. 2 vital quota spots. 2 vastly experienced players who will be difficult to replace. We have missed Moors for 2 years now as even when he has played he hasn't seemed right.
If this is true but left late then we all know the nightmare we will have in attracting quality suitable fits.
I’d take Herman Ese’Ese if Moors leaves.
If Huddersfield go down, I’d be straight in for Matty English. If it’s Hull KR, Garbutt could do a job for a year or two.
However, it has to be said that we know how difficult it is to replace players who leave at short-notice. Quite simply, top players are not available in September.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 25 Aug 2019, 23:04

I don't know if this is true about Moors. If it is I would personally say that to replace Moors from a couple of years ago will be very hard and he has been so good for Cas since he joined us and I will be forever grateful for what he has given us, however, particularly this past season, I feel he is declining rapidly and a replacement based on recent form would not be too hard to find. I just hope Cas replace him with someone worthy of his best and not look for a joey to make it look like the club is being active.

Fearless' Headguard

Post by Fearless' Headguard » 26 Aug 2019, 11:11

nottinghamtiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Can't see why junior moors can't get back to full fitness or why he would want to retire at 33
Perhaps he has seen the state of some other players who suffered serious or multiple injuries but continued to play?
I think you are right about this and think it is a trend that might continue for players to quit while they are ahead rather than just playing on until a Doctor tells them they must call it a day because some part of their body is completely wrecked.
I remember reading a bit about Tulsen Tollet when he retired from the Broncos at about 28...he said that when he realized he could not comfortably throw the ball about in the garden with his lad without having to have a lay down afterwards he decided to quit as it was just not worth it. Quality of life after the game means a lot.
The fearsome hollow boom of the older boys in the deep end, The green shoots of recovery shriveled up in harsh tomorrows, Left to pick dry sticks and mumble to myself, A melancholy emblem of parish cruelty.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Aug 2019, 12:37

Fearless' Headguard wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
I think you are right about this and think it is a trend that might continue for players to quit while they are ahead rather than just playing on until a Doctor tells them they must call it a day because some part of their body is completely wrecked.
I remember reading a bit about Tulsen Tollet when he retired from the Broncos at about 28...he said that when he realized he could not comfortably throw the ball about in the garden with his lad without having to have a lay down afterwards he decided to quit as it was just not worth it. Quality of life after the game means a lot.
Yep. Much depends on the individual player, of course. If they have the qualifications to do something else and earn decent money, they can afford to stop playing earlier. If they have no qualifications and the only work they are going to get is on minimum-wage, then they are going to try and play on for as long as they possibly can.
Sometimes I think we forget these guys aren’t paid mega-bucks. None of them are set for life when they retire.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 27 Aug 2019, 06:27

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Absolutely spot on.
The club will know now whether they are going or staying, the fans will find out when its done and they have replacement.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Aug 2019, 09:04

Absolutely