Gelling

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Gelling

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Mar 2019, 23:31

Have we dodged a bullet?

Is defence is very suspect as well can’t have much ambition as well staying at widnes

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 26 Mar 2019, 00:14

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Mar 2019, 07:34

Mucky1978 wrote:Have we dodged a bullet?

Is defence is very suspect as well can’t have much ambition as well staying at widnes
Are you on a pee take ? First you say he's signed 100 % then he can't defend have you noticed how we've been defending lately
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Mar 2019, 07:37

Have we really come to a point that some idiot online can make up a story and sit back in his chair and watch everybody fall for it
The standard of thinking seems to be cas let Roberts go gelling is out of the country so it must be true
Unbelievable really
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 26 Mar 2019, 08:11

[-X LMAO this sums up this forum right now

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Mar 2019, 08:22

According to John Davidson it’s still a possibility.
So let’s all hang fire until something concete happens either way.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 26 Mar 2019, 08:25

If its in Gelling contract that he can leave if a super league team comes for him then would widnes need contacting until after cas had asked the player.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 26 Mar 2019, 08:55

Personally I don’t think that Gelling is the answer to our problems. He may be the best of what’s out there at the moment but I wouldn’t be as delighted as some people obviously would if we signed him (whilst I’d be happy to be proved wrong if it happened).

Releasing Ben Roberts gives us an overseas spot and Jordan Rankin hasn’t been signed permanently yet so we could make that two if we wanted. A little bit of manouvering with some of the fringe players and we could be in a great position to overhaul the squad with an emphasis on quality in the starting 17. Doing this might take us into next season but personally I would rather that than jump in with stop-gaps now that tie our hands in the future.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 26 Mar 2019, 08:56

tigerfeat wrote:

Are you on a pee take ? First you say he's signed 100 % then he can't defend have you noticed how we've been defending lately
Just saying as he got a super league mind set these days or is he just happy to be a big fish in a very small pond.

He can’t have much ambition now if he just wants to plod along in the championship for the next 3 year.

The Widnes thugs seem to think he’s some cult hero.

I was just saying is his defence good enough or would we be better looking at someone better.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Mar 2019, 09:05

I've seen his contract is owned by a third party so cas could be negotiating with them it's all people talking with forked tongues as is the norm these days
Apologies to mucky if he's announced as a cas player sometime today
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 26 Mar 2019, 09:23

Tiger53 wrote:Personally I don’t think that Gelling is the answer to our problems. He may be the best of what’s out there at the moment but I wouldn’t be as delighted as some people obviously would if we signed him (whilst I’d be happy to be proved wrong if it happened).

Releasing Ben Roberts gives us an overseas spot and Jordan Rankin hasn’t been signed permanently yet so we could make that two if we wanted. A little bit of manouvering with some of the fringe players and we could be in a great position to overhaul the squad with an emphasis on quality in the starting 17. Doing this might take us into next season but personally I would rather that than jump in with stop-gaps now that tie our hands in the future.
Aston and Maher and Egodo all need to be released end of year.

Then we decide who to keep between Ellis and Rankin as cover for Gale and Trueman.

Personally id get rid of both and go after Hastings to be the long term replacement of Gale

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Mar 2019, 10:32

old cas lass wrote:Who’s James Gordon.
He was the police commissioner for Gotham. He prefers Jim though.

Personally, I'd have inu on a deal to the end of the season. For one, he's a goal kicker and if you saw rankin practising before the saints match, you'd know we need one. Oh and he's also a centre.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Mar 2019, 10:49

mart0042 wrote:
Oh and he's also a centre.
Do we need a centre??

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Mar 2019, 11:00

Fumper27 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Do we need a centre??
We need his mate who answers to the batlight.!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 26 Mar 2019, 11:43

Fumper27 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Do we need a centre??
Are you available? Can you tackle?

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 26 Mar 2019, 11:51

fords wrote:
Tiger53 wrote:Personally I don’t think that Gelling is the answer to our problems. He may be the best of what’s out there at the moment but I wouldn’t be as delighted as some people obviously would if we signed him (whilst I’d be happy to be proved wrong if it happened).

Then we decide who to keep between Ellis and Rankin as cover for Gale and Trueman.

Personally id get rid of both and go after Hastings to be the long term replacement of Gale
Keep Ellis Rankin would be take up a quota space and just sat in stand.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 26 Mar 2019, 12:31

Mucky1978 wrote:
fords wrote:

Keep Ellis Rankin would be take up a quota space and just sat in stand.
Rankin can cover half back , centre and fullback. Ellis can only cover half back. :-k

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 26 Mar 2019, 13:05

Think we need 4 half back so keep them both imo
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 26 Mar 2019, 13:41

+1 on the above

Also as mentioned elsewhere if we want a stop gap give Inu a run till end of season then look for something better for next season.

If we sign Gelling then fine he will get my support but personally I have never rated the guy, great athlete crap RL player.........

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 26 Mar 2019, 15:43

Taken off the Loverugbyleague website.

Castleford look at Gelling

Castleford Tigers are on the lookout for a centre to boost their squad – with Widnes Vikings’ Anthony Gelling believed to be an option, report League Weekly.

The Tigers are assessing the transfer market following the departure of Ben Roberts. With Jordan Rankin impressing after his arrival from Huddersfield Giants, it is believed the club want a centre rather than a playmaker. According to League Weekly, Gelling is a player who Castleford are interested in. The Cook Islands international is contracted to the Vikings, but the Widnes club could be encouraged to sell him for a transfer fee to raise cash and free up some of their wage bill.