scott moore

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Kip Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: scott moore

Post by Kip Tiger » 28 Aug 2014, 13:42

I’ll stick my head on the line with this before the inevitable signing is announced and say that I think that it’s a fantastic bit of business by the club and that in 12 months time the haters will have been converted. Scott definitely hasn’t lived up to the hype that surrounded him when he played Superleague as a 16 year old but that’s generally because so much was expected of him.

He’s on to a bit of a loser as nobody can replace Daryl like for like but ….
1) He is still only 26 despite being around the game for years. I believe he still has plenty of good years ahead of him and has had a great season this year in a terrible team.
2) People are referring to his previous stint with us. Let’s not forget he was just 20 then.
3) His distribution is first class
4) He is what I would call a footballer who clearly has a rugby brain
5) Ben Roberts is a player that likes to attack the line and so it will suit him to have a hooker with quick distribution

Also, we are all aware that he has been known to like a drink but that is a culture that seems to have been eradicated at Castleford following the departures of certain players and I would hope that Scott has now grown up and doesn’t lead that sort of lifestyle anymore. I’m sure he understands that behaviour of that type would not be acceptable.

The other concern I have is the amount of time he spends in front of the RFL Disciplinary (12 cases this year) but again, this is hopefully something that can be worked on.

If he knuckles down he could be a gem of a signing. He will certainly get my full support. Welcome back to Cas Scott.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 28 Aug 2014, 14:35

HE IS HORSE POOP!!!

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 28 Aug 2014, 16:19

Very good post totally agree, DP must see something there or he wouldn't have signed him.

40/20
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 40/20 » 28 Aug 2014, 16:33

Generally struggling teams will get more penalty as frustration plays a massive part.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 28 Aug 2014, 16:35

Kip Tiger wrote:I’ll stick my head on the line with this before the inevitable signing is announced and say that I think that it’s a fantastic bit of business by the club and that in 12 months time the haters will have been converted. Scott definitely hasn’t lived up to the hype that surrounded him when he played Superleague as a 16 year old but that’s generally because so much was expected of him.

1) He is still only 26 despite being around the game for years. I believe he still has plenty of good years ahead of him and has had a great season this year in a terrible team.
2) People are referring to his previous stint with us. Let’s not forget he was just 20 then.
5) Ben Roberts is a player that likes to attack the line and so it will suit him to have a hooker with quick distribution

Also, we are all aware that he has been known to like a drink but that is a culture that seems to have been eradicated at Castleford following the departures of certain players and I would hope that Scott has now grown up and doesn’t lead that sort of lifestyle anymore. I’m sure he understands that behaviour of that type would not be acceptable.

The other concern I have is the amount of time he spends in front of the RFL Disciplinary (12 cases this year) but again, this is hopefully something that can be worked on.

If he knuckles down he could be a gem of a signing. He will certainly get my full support. Welcome back to Cas Scott.
Spot on, its upto him to buckle down and it shows with Sneyd that DP and the staff can turn you into a right player.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 28 Aug 2014, 20:06

Kip Tiger wrote:I’ll stick my head on the line with this before the inevitable signing is announced and say that I think that it’s a fantastic bit of business by the club and that in 12 months time the haters will have been converted. Scott definitely hasn’t lived up to the hype that surrounded him when he played Superleague as a 16 year old but that’s generally because so much was expected of him.

Good post. When the rumour first started I couldn't help but think he will prove people wrong and I have not changed my mind. DP knows what he is doing, he knows what he wants and I think this will prove to be a good call.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 30 Aug 2014, 18:18

Looks dreadful today, seriously not even Championship level.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 30 Aug 2014, 18:37

Totally agree, no speed, no direction and not a clue.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 30 Aug 2014, 19:20

Backward step if correct signing the likes of Moore reminds me of the Rudder, Coyne, Greenhill, Gilmour and Newlove signings did not get much out of them and can see him being the same so like others would hope it does not happen.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 30 Aug 2014, 19:35

Playing in a poor side and never stopped trying, not a game we can use to judge any future player in, same with Cook, tried and tried and did ok although made a couple of errors, but can't judge him in that game.
I am expecting good things of Scott Moore nd think he will surprise a lot of doubters!

COYF!
Danny Boy

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 30 Aug 2014, 19:52

The whole team looked garbage tonight but that hasn't stopped teams like saints, and other teams cherry picking their players. If all the posts could be put side by side about the signings we made last year, most will be exactly the same, according to some all the signings we made last time were garbage, but they haven't done too badly.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 30 Aug 2014, 22:09

Sorry but he is an awful player. To think that he is replacing Clarky is like trading in your Ferrari for a second hand push bike.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 30 Aug 2014, 22:21

The Firm wrote:Sorry but he is an awful player. To think that he is replacing Clarky is like trading in your Ferrari for a second hand push bike.
How true I allways thought good players look good in bad teams he does neither failed at all the teams he as been at hope we are not scraping bottom of the barrel

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Aug 2014, 23:17

laner wrote:
The Firm wrote:Sorry but he is an awful player. To think that he is replacing Clarky is like trading in your Ferrari for a second hand push bike.
How true I allways thought good players look good in bad teams he does neither failed at all the teams he as been at hope we are not scraping bottom of the barrel

sneyd didn't look good in a bad salford side. we don't need to scrape the barrel so trust in DP
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 30 Aug 2014, 23:22

He made 44 tackles v Leeds, and more top stats on top
Audacter Et Sincere

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 30 Aug 2014, 23:31

lurcher wrote:
laner wrote:

sneyd didn't look good in a bad salford side. we don't need to scrape the barrel so trust in DP
He looked pretty good having being stuck at Full back last year for Salford.

gale123

Post by gale123 » 31 Aug 2014, 22:06

Let's face it whoever we sign is a downgrade on Clark, so let's stop comparing the two players.
Moore has been Londons most consistent performer all season, I know that doesn't say a lot for him but I personally will give him the support he needs as long as he gives 100% and wears the shirt with pride.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 01 Sep 2014, 07:58

Someones actually written a letter to the league weekly to complain about the signing of moore , deary me ](*,)
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 01 Sep 2014, 08:44

the machine wrote:Someones actually written a letter to the league weekly to complain about the signing of moore , deary me ](*,)
people are still complaining about some of the current squad yet we are 2nd in the league ](*,)

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 04 Sep 2014, 00:27

I think we have strengthened in other areas though. Luke Gale will improve our kicking game especially from within our own half, which I think we have struggled with at times this season. Moore will not have the same impact as Clark but I think he is a decent enough hooker providing his attitude is right. Unless we have signed another prop to replace chubs I think we will struggle next year