All Solomona talk here.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: All Solomona talk here.

Post by old cas lass » 10 May 2017, 10:19

All will come out in the wash when the judge asks to see medical records.
Only then will we find the truth out.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 10 May 2017, 12:03

old cas lass wrote:All will come out in the wash when the judge asks to see medical records.
Only then will we find the truth out.
He would have to show that he had it and did do nothing about it it told his employers.
It isn't a reason to break your contract and move somewhere else.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 10 May 2017, 20:56

In all serious I'm sure if his depression was that bad that he could have got a note from a doctor spoken to the club and would have been granted time away from the club to recover and get help he needed from people.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 11 May 2017, 08:06

It is a tricky area to give an opinion on, mental health.

A lot of people say they're ill for instance when they have a cold, depressed when they're having a down day or have insomnia if they can't get to sleep. The range of ill, depressed and insomnia are extreme.

If I had to guess in this instance, I would suggest that the person in question will have felt depressed, like they need a change of environment etc without the formal intervention of a medical expert. It is not for me to say if that preceded the offer, or they decided they needed a change to lift their depression after the salary and deal were known.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 11 May 2017, 12:27

But using it as a reason to break a contract smacks of a lack of a decent defence.

Trying to quantify the unknown is not a reason to break a contract. Cas are known as being receptive to all matters of mental health and have cases to prove it. Why would going to the unknown make it better?

Sorry, but it's a poor effort. He might be a little depressed when he loses and has a lot of money to pay. I expect sale to pick up that tab not us.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 May 2017, 11:20

fast hands wrote:
da_jimbob_7 wrote:This whole depression revelation has got to me. And also other people's views on it too.
Personally and in the work I do MH issues are pretty specific to each individual. You can't say what someone with depression can and can't do as no one person is the same. He may have been able to cope with his 'job' and perform at such a high standard as it brought him structure, predictability, in a close knit group and also the highs of scoring and adulation of fans. It may have been life outside of his 'job' that he struggled with. None of us will ever really know. In a way I do and don't wish he has it. I do as at least he would be speaking honestly but don't as wouldn't want anyone to suffer/battle depression.
If proven he has just used this as a ploy, no medical records etc it ruins all the work that state of mind, andy's man club are doing in getting people to seek help as others who need that help and guidance may feel they won't be believed and people will question if they truly are battling depression.

For now, until proven otherwise, I hope Denny is winning his battle with MH issues and can get himself into a place where he is stable and healthy.
It has been quoted in a national newspaper, that 35 million people are battling depression in this country. That is half of the population, questions need to be asked and answered to why . Think that is why the people suffering depression are not believed at times ,because there are individuals out there using it as an easy way to beat the system.
Just to add although I have no political preferences at this time, the Green Party have just stated they will spend the same amount on mental health issues as they will on other illnesses. That must mean the newspaper report is true.
A cynic might say...yes 35 million sufferers, public sympathy, increased awareness...that will be a good defence!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 May 2017, 18:13

cogito ergo sum wrote:
fast hands wrote:
da_jimbob_7 wrote:This whole depression revelation has got to me. And also other people's views on it too.
Personally and in the work I do MH issues are pretty specific to each individual. You can't say what someone with depression can and can't do as no one person is the same. He may have been able to cope with his 'job' and perform at such a high standard as it brought him structure, predictability, in a close knit group and also the highs of scoring and adulation of fans. It may have been life outside of his 'job' that he struggled with. None of us will ever really know. In a way I do and don't wish he has it. I do as at least he would be speaking honestly but don't as wouldn't want anyone to suffer/battle depression.
If proven he has just used this as a ploy, no medical records etc it ruins all the work that state of mind, andy's man club are doing in getting people to seek help as others who need that help and guidance may feel they won't be believed and people will question if they truly are battling depression.

For now, until proven otherwise, I hope Denny is winning his battle with MH issues and can get himself into a place where he is stable and healthy.
It has been quoted in a national newspaper, that 35 million people are battling depression in this country. That is half of the population, questions need to be asked and answered to why . Think that is why the people suffering depression are not believed at times ,because there are individuals out there using it as an easy way to beat the system.
Just to add although I have no political preferences at this time, the Green Party have just stated they will spend the same amount on mental health issues as they will on other illnesses. That must mean the newspaper report is true.
A cynic might say...yes 35 million sufferers, public sympathy, increased awareness...that will be a good defence!
Jesus Christ. I know real depression.

The fact is this, my depression wouldn't lift with 200% pay increase. Denny's did?

It's a pathetically lame excuse and DENNY is not only taking the p out of the club and fans, he is taking the p out of mental health sufferers.

It's obvious!
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 13 May 2017, 12:16

Mysterio wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
fast hands wrote:

Jesus Christ. I know real depression.

The fact is this, my depression wouldn't lift with 200% pay increase. Denny's did?

It's a pathetically lame excuse and DENNY is not only taking the p out of the club and fans, he is taking the p out of mental health sufferers.

It's obvious![
Spot on. The judge will see through it.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 May 2017, 05:56

Has suffered an ankle injury during training with the England squad

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 17 May 2017, 08:12

Fumper27 wrote:Has suffered an ankle injury during training with the England squad
He was always suffering some kind of injury, can't remember a game without him limping!
Danny Boy

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 18 May 2017, 08:44

According to a report in the Sun newspaper, Solomona is set to claim he was belittled by Castleford Tigers.
Who keeps putting things into his head, surely he is being advised by others to make him seem ulta-clean now he is an England union star.

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 22 May 2017, 16:50

Sale Sharks winger Denny Solomona is unlikely to be fit for England's tour of Argentina this summer because of a foot strain.

The ex-Samoa rugby league international qualified for England on residency in March, and was named in Eddie Jones' squad for the two-Test series in June.

Solomona, 23, will be assessed further on Monday, but Jones is "not hopeful" he will be available.

"We believe it will be pretty doubtful he goes on tour," said Jones.

No sympathy from here I bet

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 May 2017, 18:06

andymc133 wrote:Sale Sharks winger Denny Solomona is unlikely to be fit for England's tour of Argentina this summer because of a foot strain.

The ex-Samoa rugby league international qualified for England on residency in March, and was named in Eddie Jones' squad for the two-Test series in June.

Solomona, 23, will be assessed further on Monday, but Jones is "not hopeful" he will be available.

"We believe it will be pretty doubtful he goes on tour," said Jones.

No sympathy from here I bet
Less than none from me. The alley cats even cringe at his morals....

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 22 May 2017, 18:46

Does depression only affect him in a rugby league situation but not rugby union as he has not complained while taking part ????

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 23 May 2017, 13:08

Denny tweeted last night to say if anyone was stuck in Manchester to direct message him he had a spare room. Putting all the cas saga to one side this was a nice thing to do.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 May 2017, 15:35

viva brad wrote:Denny tweeted last night to say if anyone was stuck in Manchester to direct message him he had a spare room. Putting all the cas saga to one side this was a nice thing to do.
It would have been, but for fact he has deactivated direct messaging to his account.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 01 Jun 2017, 17:01

Listening to Eddie Jones discussing Solamona in the england camp he seems very jovial and life and sole of the party. Hardly someone suffering from clinical depression. I know it manifests in different ways but if it was as bad as his team is trying to make out it doesn't just change with a change of roles! Just hope we get a judge that is actually aware of sport!
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 01 Jun 2017, 21:39

Last September. Around 1min 15s on

https://youtu.be/rHstHOBqSi4

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 02 Jun 2017, 11:28

Didn't look too depressed here, even when asked if he was happy??

https://youtu.be/fBbZT6nERLA

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 02 Jun 2017, 22:18

When did he get engaged and when did he actually 'sign' for sale. As on the just tattoo of us, they spoke that they had been engaged a month and was saying he was a sale sharks player.

Long live the Tigers!!!