Springer

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Springer

Post by Mysterio » 23 Jan 2017, 14:58

OffBeatRL wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:If we ran a thread on the length of the grass on the pitch, the Massey Bashers would find a way to moan about him.
I like Massey. He's solid, compliments the rest of the team well.
In all fairness, so do I. He can run to the line and pass. That's what we need. We just COULD get more out of a player IF we move to the next level?
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 24 Jan 2017, 11:15

Constancy is the key for props. Lynchy does the basics so well but is also a leader.

Massey is consistent and needs to add something to his game. Maybe aggression, like beefy England had.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 24 Jan 2017, 12:35

mart0042 wrote:Constancy is the key for props. Lynchy does the basics so well but is also a leader.

Massey is consistent and needs to add something to his game. Maybe aggression, like beefy England had.
Agree.

To me, Massey could put on another 7 or 8kg, even more, in muscle. Combine that will ball skills and you have a top prop. Thing is for Nathan unless he adds something to his game, he'll be left behind in the next 2 seasons.
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 24 Jan 2017, 12:58

Mysterio wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Constancy is the key for props. Lynchy does the basics so well but is also a leader.

Agree.

To me, Massey could put on another 7 or 8kg, even more, in muscle. Combine that will ball skills and you have a top prop. Thing is for Nathan unless he adds something to his game, he'll be left behind in the next 2 seasons.
Your spot on. If you have consistancy but nothing else, make yourself bigger and stronger. Springer has the size and is finding consistency making him a threat on the pitch.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jan 2017, 13:22

Mysterio wrote:
OffBeatRL wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:If we ran a thread on the length of the grass on the pitch, the Massey Bashers would find a way to moan about him.
I like Massey. He's solid, compliments the rest of the team well.
In all fairness, so do I. He can run to the line and pass. That's what we need. We just COULD get more out of a player IF we move to the next level?
But that's why exactly Massey is still at the club

1) He's reliable
2) He's trustworthy
3) He gives his all
4) He's not flashy but does what he needs to
5) He's cheap.

I reckon we get excellent value from Massey. You always need squad players. The next level is more expensive, more expensive doesn't always mean better, and can quite easily flop.

I'd rather have a Massey than a Korkidas.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jan 2017, 13:25

mart0042 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:

Agree.

Your spot on. If you have consistancy but nothing else, make yourself bigger and stronger. Springer has the size and is finding consistency making him a threat on the pitch.

While size is nice, it isn't necessarily indictative of a good forward - particularly in a game where speed is becoming more necessary and quick PTBs. I know Maher is still in the learnings of his career but he needs to step up to that next level. We also signed Steve Nash who wasn't that good either.

Springer has a very good step and also is fit and has speed too. I'd love Massey to have a barnstorming string to his bow but I'd also settle just for someone who can get down quickly and move play on fast.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 24 Jan 2017, 14:23

HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:

Agree.

While size is nice, it isn't necessarily indictative of a good forward - particularly in a game where speed is becoming more necessary and quick PTBs. I know Maher is still in the learnings of his career but he needs to step up to that next level. We also signed Steve Nash who wasn't that good either.

Springer has a very good step and also is fit and has speed too. I'd love Massey to have a barnstorming string to his bow but I'd also settle just for someone who can get down quickly and move play on fast.
We're talking about adding another dimension to Nathan's game, which I'm sure DP and the coaching team continuously strive for.
Audacter Et Sincere

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Jan 2017, 16:31

gadwin surprised me at last years magic weekend, his footwork and one handed pass for the try that got us back in the game was brilliant.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 Jan 2017, 11:17

lurcher wrote:gadwin surprised me at last years magic weekend, his footwork and one handed pass for the try that got us back in the game was brilliant.
He's really come on under Cas coaching. It would be up to him whether he stayed to progress or leave and maybe not....

The worrying thing is that his girlfriend could not settle. Players, as we've seen, might be prepared to leave to save a relationship. I think of professional sports men and women as being mainly focused and single minded in their pursuit of their sport when they are established they can be more family minded. He's lucky to be at a club that is family orientated and goes the extra mile to help.

Tigers123

Post by Tigers123 » 07 Feb 2017, 18:23

Quality player

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Jun 2017, 17:06

Not sure how true this is, it was doing the rounds at the game yesterday, apparently Gadwin springer isn't in DP plans for next season.
Got told this today so not sure if it's got any weight.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Jun 2017, 17:09

well we thought he was just home sick because he hasn't looked the player he was & now hes supposed to have a hamstring problem, but ready to play at leeds?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 19 Jun 2017, 17:43

For all his size he doesn't seem to have the leg drive like Lynch and Millington and Moors have and goes down on first contact too easily in relying on his size in standing up in collision rather than leaning forward and powering his legs. I thought he would have had that trained into him but if it had, he hasn't adapted to it too well. He is like a soft puppy compared to say Masila of Salford or am I being too critical ??

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Jun 2017, 17:44

i feel cruel here but soft puppy could apply to both springer & mayer :roll:

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 19 Jun 2017, 17:52

will maher as a chest injury that he is seeing consultant to try find out what the problem is

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 19 Jun 2017, 17:52

CasRus wrote:For all his size he doesn't seem to have the leg drive like Lynch and Millington and Moors have and goes down on first contact too easily in relying on his size in standing up in collision rather than leaning forward and powering his legs. I thought he would have had that trained into him but if it had, he hasn't adapted to it too well. He is like a soft puppy compared to say Masila of Salford or am I being too critical ??

Let's all remember how young he is, and what they say about props getting better with age. If not we might as well give up on him Maher Douglas and Igbinedion.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Jun 2017, 20:15

old cas lass wrote:Not sure how true this is, it was doing the rounds at the game yesterday, apparently Gadwin springer isn't in DP plans for next season.
True i believe, he's been offered to other clubs. Don't know if there are any takers.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Jun 2017, 20:23

The Firm wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Not sure how true this is, it was doing the rounds at the game yesterday, apparently Gadwin springer isn't in DP plans for next season.
True i believe, he's been offered to other clubs. Don't know if there are any takers.
Well why did we bother extending his contract so early?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Jun 2017, 20:34

Sharlotiger wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Good question.
Maybe he's just home sick, didn't his girl friend have to go back to France due to her not getting a work permit, not sure if that's 100% true.
Maybe Daryl thinks he's just not gonna cut it, maybe Gadwin as asked to go.....who knows.
It does seem a funny one.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 19 Jun 2017, 20:43

old cas lass wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Good question.
Maybe he's just home sick, didn't his girl friend have to go back to France due to her not getting a work permit, not sure if that's 100% true.
Maybe Daryl thinks he's just not gonna cut it, maybe Gadwin as asked to go.....who knows.
It does seem a funny one.
She's French so doesn't need a work permit but she did struggle to find work in her chosen profession due to her English not being good enough. She has gone back to France I'm not sure if that is to allow her to work and brush up her English skills or if she has no intention of going back.

I don't think DP would give up on the lad however it could be that he has asked to go back to France