Springer

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Springer

Post by KB80 » 18 Oct 2016, 22:53

French poster on TRL forum seems to think Catalans have made a big play to sign Gadwin back which will be successful. He's generally pretty accurate re goings on at Catalans. Hope he's wrong.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Springer

Post by Andrew6666 » 18 Oct 2016, 23:08

It would take a big bid. Springer really progressed last season, potentially one of the most explosive props in the league.

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 18 Oct 2016, 23:15

KB80 wrote:French poster on TRL forum seems to think Catalans have made a big play to sign Gadwin back which will be successful. He's generally pretty accurate re goings on at Catalans. Hope he's wrong.
I've been on the TRL forum and I can't see the post anywhere.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 18 Oct 2016, 23:17

Bengal wrote:
KB80 wrote:French poster on TRL forum seems to think Catalans have made a big play to sign Gadwin back which will be successful. He's generally pretty accurate re goings on at Catalans. Hope he's wrong.
Posts under Thornley to Catalans thread and Luke Burgess to Catalans threads.

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 18 Oct 2016, 23:34

KB80 wrote:
Bengal wrote:
Posts under Thornley to Catalans thread and Luke Burgess to Catalans threads.
Seen it now. It also says they are going to sign Simon and Larroyer back. They could only sign GS back if we sanctioned it and there's no way we're going to do that, unless there was a phenomenal transfer fee.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 18 Oct 2016, 23:41

Hope so. Only a year left on his contract though.which weakens our position in some respects.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Oct 2016, 23:50

Seems we are the nursery for other teams talent :(

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 Oct 2016, 07:46

The one thing that would make this ring true to me was that mid season there was an article in evening post where gadwin said he really missed home and his family maybe this is still the case? But I hope it's isn't he's got a great future in front of him but would hope we got a decent fee if he went soon as I'm sure we had to pay to get his early release.

Bansley_Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bansley_Tiger » 19 Oct 2016, 09:37

Carn't blame the kid for missing his mam he is still only a youngster.
He came over here for a chance and took his chance with two hands he is going to be an international player in a week or so.
I will be sorry to see him go after the effort that has been put in with the lad but there is a stark contrast to the south of France with his family and Cas im afraid and i dont blame the lad for wanting to go back.

EDIT: Didn't know he had already played 4 times for France.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Oct 2016, 09:41

Bansley_Tiger wrote:Carn't blame the kid for missing his mam he is still only a youngster.
He came over here for a chance and took his chance with two hands he is going to be an international player in a week or so.
I will be sorry to see him go after the effort that has been put in with the lad but there is a stark contrast to the south of France with his family and Cas im afraid and i dont blame the lad for wanting to go back.

EDIT: didn't know he had already played 4 times for France.

That's why cas have to reconsider hopping for overseas youngster.
If it's true DP will have spent 100's of hours getting Gadwin to were he is now.
He must be pulling his hair out.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 19 Oct 2016, 09:47

Hold on where's it confirmed he's leaving ???? Until he's wearing Catalans kit he's a Cas player

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 19 Oct 2016, 12:06

Tigerman2014 wrote:Hold on where's it confirmed he's leaving ???? Until he's wearing Catalans kit he's a Cas player
Totally correct TM2014. Everyone is reacting merely to what a forum user has put on the TRL forum, of which you get dozens every day. That's dozens of rumours, conjectures, might happen, and also more hoping it will happen rather than it happening. If they all proved correct then there would be boat loads of player movements and transfers every week.

Yes Gadwin may well prefer it in the sunnier climes of the S of France, where he was raised and who could blame him. However there would be the flip side and downside, call it what you want, of going back to a club and particularly the coach there, who had no time for him.

It is probably very unlikely to happen, but even it there was a chance of it, if I was advising him, I would definitely tell him to stay put for the time being, given his unbelievable improvement. And he's still a lot more improving to do, which I honestly don't think he would as much over there. The thing is if he continues improving like he has in our set up, then in all reality he will definitely be off at sometime, but to the NRL i would suggest not Catalans. But of course this is the same for many, particularly forwards of all SL clubs, as SL / RFL is in no position to stop it.

Yes he may well prefer the lifestyle over there, but what's the point of impairing and knocking back his career for the sake of a year over there. It wouldn't make sense, as he's continually coming on a ton of bricks in our environment, which could see him move on to far greater things, then if he went back home right now.

PS I did hear a couple of days ago that there were a couple of clubs after him, but your always going to get this, but I also heard we were taking steps to try and ensure this would not happen.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Oct 2016, 12:39

I'll be glad when the season is back again and we can talk about rugby.

The off-season always seems to generate a load of rumours, most of which are nonsense from people trying to get some bites or feel proud that something gets taken as gospel.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 19 Oct 2016, 13:12

You can tell we're doing well as a club as there's more daft rumours every year. Latest rumour my source has told me is that I'm joining Leeds forum and changing my name to Rhinoman2015 lol

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 19 Oct 2016, 15:55

Well I went to sale last week as I bought a dog from that area, yes I wore my cas shirt, and I had 2 offers from union and koukash pit a bid in but I'm loyal to the shirt so I just kissed my badge and left it at that lol.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 19 Oct 2016, 15:56

Looks like you bunch of tosses' are now leaving Solomona alone and picking on young Gadwin .Makes me think? No I'm sure your not Cas fans ,Nore have you been to a Cas Match or any Match at all <Your defiantly not true fans,

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 Oct 2016, 16:06

yorkie1bn wrote:Looks like you bunch of tosses' are now leaving Solomona alone and picking on young Gadwin .Makes me think? No I'm sure your not Cas fans ,Nore have you been to a Cas Match or any Match at all <Your defiantly not true fans,
I don't think anyone really deserves this lol. It's a rumour mill it was brought up and discussed nobody has said anything detremantal about it just opinions and what might or might not happen. I think most supporters would love us to tie gadwin down long term and hopefully that happens but who knows I hope he is starting to settle more over here now.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 19 Oct 2016, 16:29

yorkie1bn wrote:Looks like you bunch of tosses' are now leaving Solomona alone and picking on young Gadwin .Makes me think? No I'm sure your not Cas fans ,Nore have you been to a Cas Match or any Match at all <Your defiantly not true fans,
I think your comment is more overdramatic and ridiculous than a thread about a rumour, in the RUMOUR section of the board. If you don't like it, jog on pal.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Oct 2016, 17:01

Awww bless :lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Bansley_Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bansley_Tiger » 19 Oct 2016, 17:17

:shock: