Springer

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Springer

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Jul 2017, 17:34

TT Tiger wrote:He's not from France he's from South America
Interestingly, according to Wikipedia his nicknames are Jam Hot Jerry and The Sodalan Dragon.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 18 Jul 2017, 19:12

GS is from French Guiana - one of the smallest and least populated countries in South America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Guiana

Anyone remember the classic film Papillion with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman ? I don't think the film was shot there but it was based on the book by the French convict Henri Charrière who was imprisoned in French Guiana.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2017, 19:22

Tigerade wrote:GS is from French Guiana - one of the smallest and least populated countries in South America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Guiana

Anyone remember the classic film Papillion with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman ? I don't think the film was shot there but it was based on the book by the French convict Henri Charrière who was imprisoned in French Guiana.
yeah steve mcqueen eating bugs in his cell refusing to be broken great film ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Jul 2017, 23:28

When Gadwin came on against Hull he was awesome for the 20 mins or so he was on. Great impact and I thought if he can replicate that in the remainder of games it will be a further great boost to our GF aspirations. However his 2 games since have been a bit of a damp squib and I was disappointed.

The rumour doing the rounds and I stress that it is a rumour is that he is unsettled and wants a release, I would presume at the end of the season. His girlfriend apparently went back home as she couldn't get a job, so maybe he's feeling lonely and homesick. If true it's a shame no one could get her a job. As I say just a rumour and maybe tripe.

Personally whatever the situation I hope something can be done, as I still think there is one good impact player there, particularly if he can replicate what he did v Hull. He should be having a real go as he won't get many chances again of playing in and winning a SL Grand Final. If indeed he does want to return to France then he ought to be having a real go v the Catalans as quite frankly that's where he is going to have to go at present if he does want head home.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 19 Jul 2017, 01:19

Herbert Latch wrote:When Gadwin came on against Hull he was awesome for the 20 mins or so he was on. Great impact and I thought if he can replicate that in the remainder of games it will be a further great boost to our GF aspirations. However his 2 games since have been a bit of a damp squib and I was disappointed.

The rumour doing the rounds and I stress that it is a rumour is that he is unsettled and wants a release, I would presume at the end of the season. His girlfriend apparently went back home as she couldn't get a job, so maybe he's feeling lonely and homesick. If true it's a shame no one could get her a job. As I say just a rumour and maybe tripe.

Personally whatever the situation I hope something can be done, as I still think there is one good impact player there, particularly if he can replicate what he did v Hull. He should be having a real go as he won't get many chances again of playing in and winning a SL Grand Final. If indeed he does want to return to France then he ought to be having a real go v the Catalans as quite frankly that's where he is going to have to go at present if he does want head home.
Do you ever do small posts?lol

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Jul 2017, 16:14

at last nights "meet the players" millo spoke highly of gadwin and big will, he stressed how young they were for props and still needed to work on their techniques.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 24 Jul 2017, 11:18

Is springer injured or is there a problem with him he doesn't seem to be getting much game time at all
it's a shame he is missing so much game time as he was a really good prospect

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2017, 12:28

Oldcasman wrote:Is springer injured or is there a problem with him he doesn't seem to be getting much game time at all
it's a shame he is missing so much game time as he was a really good prospect
Looked ok in the gym this morning. Wasn't training with the injured players (Milner, Gill, Maher, Ollie Holmes).

PS - Egodo looks a beast in the gym. Hope he plays like Jake Webster as we have a little gem on our hands then

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 12 Aug 2017, 09:29

Though Springer was shocking last night, ran the ball in 2 or 3 times and made no ground and gave away penalties and dropped the ball. Nothing positive came from him last night.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 12 Aug 2017, 11:10

1973 wrote:Though Springer was shocking last night, ran the ball in 2 or 3 times and made no ground and gave away penalties and dropped the ball. Nothing positive came from him last night.
Agree totally. Hes not getting game time to build confidence or any type of form, but when he gets his chance he blows it big time.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Aug 2017, 13:10

bane73 wrote:
1973 wrote:Though Springer was shocking last night, ran the ball in 2 or 3 times and made no ground and gave away penalties and dropped the ball. Nothing positive came from him last night.
Agree totally. Hes not getting game time to build confidence or any type of form, but when he gets his chance he blows it big time.
Shocking is the best word for him last night, I used the words 'bumbling idiot' to my mate! Don't know whats up with him, but I can't figure out why he runs the ball in so upright as it just makes the defences job so easy. He's struggling to hold on to the ball and in defence and gets himself in a tangle in the ruck. I really want him to work out, but he just hasn't shown any improvement this season to me at all. Last night he didn't even look like a good Championship prop

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 12 Aug 2017, 14:31

Think we would be better loaning him out somewhere he can get big game time because hes never going to improve only doing 10mins a game
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 17:02

Looks like we have found this years Nathan Massey. I feel for the lad he will be giving it his all out there in a side that are the league leaders shield winners ( not yet I know) but he has certainly played his part his first 10 minutes against Leigh showed everyone what this side is about this season. I do hope he comes into better form and fulfills his massive potential.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Aug 2017, 21:14

at times last night he looked very confused, as if he didn't understand what was going on around him.
he's got all the ammo he needs to be a top class prop, he just needs to start firing it. and quickly.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 13 Aug 2017, 11:21

i think you should all leave the lad alone, he maybe having some of field issues that are upsetting him and disrupting his game we don't know, And shouldn't know .I will agree maybe a loan out will give him more game time and boost his confidence .Let Powell sort it,

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Aug 2017, 17:58

I refer to, and stick by, my post above
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 14 Aug 2017, 12:14

I think it's safe to say GS had a mare on Friday but I don't think this is a true reflection of the player who was possibly trying too hard.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Aug 2017, 12:16

i think hes out of contract at the end of this season so we will soon find out what DP plans are, i would love to see Gadwin sort himself out & realise the potential he had when he first signed.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 12:26

yorky wrote:i think hes out of contract at the end of this season so we will soon find out what DP plans are, i would love to see Gadwin sort himself out & realise the potential he had when he first signed.
Signed a 3 year extension before we thrashed Leeds 66-10

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Aug 2017, 12:31

thanks for clearing that up, just shows papers make it up as they go along: -

http://www.5thtackle.com/confirmed-play ... 18-season/