New signing

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New signing

Post by Mysterio » 09 Nov 2016, 14:09

HuddsTigers wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I wonder if we would have let crooks go if the club knew this was going to happen with Solomona
Seeing as Solomona is still contracted, it would had no bearing on this.

We have swapped Crooks for Hardaker and Solomona is still on our books.
Solomona is suspended. His wages are not going to be paid, and to this end, we need to approach the RFL right now to gain dispensation in the circumstances to have him taken off our cap.
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Nov 2016, 19:10

Not what I was told the other night.

You can suspend someone but I would assume that rugby league contract indicate you can't stop paying a player until you have reasonable grounds to do so (e.g. following an internal investigation and hearing and subsequent action).

At this moment, he still counts on our cap, he still counts on our non-fed quota and we can't do anything until the matter is resolved.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 09 Nov 2016, 19:22

HuddsTigers wrote:Not what I was told the other night.

You can suspend someone but I would assume that rugby league contract indicate you can't stop paying a player until you have reasonable grounds to do so (e.g. following an internal investigation and hearing and subsequent action).

At this moment, he still counts on our cap, he still counts on our non-fed quota and we can't do anything until the matter is resolved.
I would have said same until the problem has come to a conclusion the club will have to pay the contract or we would then be opening a door of failing to meet the contract aswell

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 09 Nov 2016, 19:32

hudds tigeris correct what he says.icant see any one from the club even talking about this now
they have put it the hands of the clubs lawyers so i think it best we just let them get on with it and wait for any statements from the club

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 10 Nov 2016, 11:13

That wouldn't take long though would it, as an example, if a player was reported to be drinking and fighting prior to a game and there were witnesses then I'd have thought the club would bring him in, hear his side of the story, show him statements against him then consequently suspend/sack him, breaching his contract. From the limited info I've read he's wanted out, been Tweeting pictures of Sale players, shouldn't he have been back at training this week?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 Nov 2016, 11:18

JINJER wrote:

That wouldn't take long though would it, as an example, if a player was reported to be drinking and fighting prior to a game and there were witnesses then I'd have thought the club would bring him in, hear his side of the story, show him statements against him then consequently suspend/sack him, breaching his contract. From the limited info I've read he's wanted out, been Tweeting pictures of Sale players, shouldn't he have been back at training this week?
Exactly,

Time is of the essence here, in every regard. First and foremost protecting ourselves and freeing up money on our cap too.

Isn't it Kramer who is 'the' best sports solicitor!?
Audacter Et Sincere

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 10 Nov 2016, 11:25

If someone is suspended from work they should be on full pay untill a meeting can be arranged both parties should have representatives to support them. With gross misconduct you can be sacked on the spot. However if you do this you cannot then tell someone they can't go work or in this case play rugby for someone else.

Anyway back to the OP any more on who this new signing is?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Nov 2016, 13:14

JINJER wrote:

Yes but sacking him would result in him free to pursue any other deal he wants and us out of pocket with no transfer fee.

The club don't want to lose an asset. .
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 10 Nov 2016, 13:15

Hearing the possible signing is george griffin.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 10 Nov 2016, 13:25

Average squad player boyles replacement is guess.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 10 Nov 2016, 13:52

Evatiger wrote:Hearing the possible signing is george griffin.
Would be a good signing I reckon. Young and played really well for Salford. Does big minutes tto

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 10 Nov 2016, 14:09

First I've heard about it. To be honest he's one I've never really noticed or looked at, and always had the idea he was just run of the mill. Unfortunately I get very little or hardly no time to watch other teams on the Thurs / Fri evenings due to my work hours. so I really don't know.

However I did watch the MPG v HKR, and the lad absolutely grafted his socks off in his teams cause, especially as they were down to the bare bones and no interchanges through injury. Showed great commitment. He did look a bit small to me for a prop, but Wikipedia gives his stats as 6ft 1ins and 16 stone 12 pounds, so looks may be deceiving.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 Nov 2016, 14:35

I've got supreme confidence in ANY DP signing, because the ones he takes on as projects are cheap initially and he either moves them on (Crossley, Moore, even Crooks to a certain extent) or develops them into sometning special (Solomoma, Gale, Mimikin, springer)

The only transfer I thought he'd got wrong is Ben Roberts, but I've seen enough from him now to know he is going to be exceptional for us if he plays)

DP breathes Cas Tigers and RL in general and isn't just building a team he's building a club. I can tell by the way he goes about his business that he LOVES his job and his CLUB.
Audacter Et Sincere

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 10 Nov 2016, 15:07

I'd be happy with Griffin signing. Workhorse who makes very few errors and does his job well. He can also play backrow. Just need a replacement for Denny then, if that has to be Flynn for a year so be it.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Nov 2016, 15:50

The Firm wrote:I'd be happy with Griffin signing. Workhorse who makes very few errors and does his job well. He can also play backrow. Just need a replacement for Denny then, if that has to be Flynn for a year so be it.
Hasn't Paddy signed for the mucky lot from other side of the common?

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 10 Nov 2016, 16:38

Thought rumour had it Jy had to retire from the game because of an injury.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 10 Nov 2016, 17:25

Fumper27 wrote:
The Firm wrote:I'd be happy with Griffin signing. Workhorse who makes very few errors and does his job well. He can also play backrow. Just need a replacement for Denny then, if that has to be Flynn for a year so be it.
Hasn't Paddy signed for the mucky lot from other side of the common?
Nothing been announced.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 10 Nov 2016, 18:48

fast hands wrote:Thought rumour had it Jy had to retire from the game because of an injury.
I think that was a casmoley "exclusive" , he has started pre-season so who knows??

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 10 Nov 2016, 21:46

Mr XP wrote:
fast hands wrote:Thought rumour had it Jy had to retire from the game because of an injury.
I think that was a casmoley "exclusive" , he has started pre-season so who knows??

Exclusive? I heard he had to have more scans with a potential infection after knee surgery. Everything is obviously okay an I wish him all the best at Batley.