Justin carney

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Justin carney

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Nov 2016, 12:23

More and more I hear he is on his way back down t'lane so I thought he deserved his own thread. Discuss....

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Justin carney

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Nov 2016, 12:38

If DP thinks he will adhere to the culture now at the club the. It's welcome back from me. Think we've missed his returning the ball, which so often got us on the front foot. Only player similar, who I'd of liked at Cas is Jermaine McGillvary.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 16 Nov 2016, 12:43

for what its worth i can not see him coming back while dp is in charge

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 16 Nov 2016, 12:49

I must say I heard this some time ago, before the whole DS saga started. At the time I gave it very little credence.

In relation to DS, I am firmly in the camp that the club should not buckle and they should ensure that DS/his agent/Sale do not get away with what they appear to be trying to achieve using whatever means necessary including suing through the courts. It is my belief that the legal precedents are there and that the club would get fair recompense for the loss of DS.

However, if as has been suggested (and I'm not sure how this could work as the player is not Sale's to sell) a deal could be done to prevent legal action that saw us get Justin Carney for the same length contract as DS plus a small amount of compensation (and assuming that DP was happy with the arrangement) I would snap there hands.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 16 Nov 2016, 13:37

nice to welcome him back if true, but still sue eveybody concerned with the ds saga.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 16 Nov 2016, 13:49

Can't see Carney coming back, we are supposedly up to the cap and Carney would be on twice as much as Solomona so would be hard to get him in. Probably Paddy Flynn will be our target when the Solomona fiasco is sorted.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 16 Nov 2016, 13:54

rather have hitchcox than flynn. but rather go in for a extremley good reconised winger once solomona saga sorted

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 16 Nov 2016, 13:59

Carney does have a lot of positives but also a lot of negatives to his game. Ill dicipline, dropping the ball when running it back aswell as passing it to soemone else whilst near his own tryline [-X
However I would like to see him back at Cas as I prefer to have playing for us rather than against us.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Nov 2016, 14:03

Sharlotiger wrote:Can't see Carney coming back, we are supposedly up to the cap and Carney would be on twice as much as Solomona so would be hard to get him in. Probably Paddy Flynn will be our target when the Solomona fiasco is sorted.
Don't forget that Crooks (confirmed), Solomona and Hitchcox are supposedly leaving.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Nov 2016, 14:16

Well it appears someone has posted in All Things Tiger the return of a "prodigal son" so may be.

In the meantime I can only hope this thread doesn't get to 100 pages.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 16 Nov 2016, 14:32

1973 wrote:Carney does have a lot of positives but also a lot of negatives to his game. Ill dicipline, dropping the ball when running it back aswell as passing it to soemone else whilst near his own tryline [-X
However I would like to see him back at Cas as I prefer to have playing for us rather than against us.
He does make a few errors yes, but more than makes up for them

Last season Denny had 304 Carries with 38 Errors (an error ever 8 carries)
Carney had 314 Carries with 22 errors (An error every 14.3 carries)

So he's not as error ridden as people think (And had more carries in less games)

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Nov 2016, 14:47

Sharlotiger wrote:Can't see Carney coming back, we are supposedly up to the cap and Carney would be on twice as much as Solomona so would be hard to get him in. Probably Paddy Flynn will be our target when the Solomona fiasco is sorted.

No were not. Steve gill already said we have room still when interviewed after the hardaker signing

Martiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Martiger » 16 Nov 2016, 14:56

From what I heard from a reliable source was a few weeks ago before the Denny saga blew up was carney was been touted as the replacement for Denny and was all but sealed, Steve gill only had to convice DP it was a good deal for all parties. He loves cas so it would be great to have him back.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 Nov 2016, 16:19

Read Justin's latest tweet and close this thread :)

Jaack

Post by Jaack » 16 Nov 2016, 16:20

Justin has just tweeted this:

"Just to clear up any rumours .....
I loved my time at cas and still a great supporter of cas
But I'm a Red Devil for the next 3 years!"

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 16 Nov 2016, 16:28

Jaack wrote:Justin has just tweeted this:

Bugger...

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 16 Nov 2016, 16:35

Good to see a player coming out and nipping a rumour in the bud.

Again my belief is that I doubt we will bring in a winger and we will go with what we have. Monaghan and Eden to start with Ash Robson waiting in the wings,we also have Dec Sheehan who is now full time and Callum Turner who are both highly rated. Greg minikin can also fill in if required.

Unfortunately any winger worth his salt just arnt available at this time of the year without paying a transfer fee which isn't going to happen,obviously we've been left in the mire by that low life and hopefully it won't cost us on the field next year too much.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 16 Nov 2016, 16:46

braytontiger wrote:Good to see a player coming out and nipping a rumour in the bud.

Again my belief is that I doubt we will bring in a winger and we will go with what we have. Monaghan and Eden to start with Ash Robson waiting in the wings,we also have Dec Sheehan who is now full time and Callum Turner who are both highly rated. Greg minikin can also fill in if required.

Unfortunately any winger worth his salt just arnt available at this time of the year without paying a transfer fee which isn't going to happen,obviously we've been left in the mire by that low life and hopefully it won't cost us on the field next year too much.
Unfortunately it is looking that way, Just can't see Joel doing more than half a season.
If (Big if) we can get the Denny situation sorted soon then hopefully we can bring someone in, although as you say this would cost us (Wonder if Mcgillvary has a price). It is interesting that we havent announced anything with Jy yet, could see him coming back if we don't manage to get anything sorted

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Nov 2016, 17:18

Jaack wrote:Justin has just tweeted this:

Oh God, that means this will still rumble on and on...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 16 Nov 2016, 17:18

:( well looks like another load of garbage in the rumour sections put to bed. might just have to wait for another player once the mess what solomona has caused us is finalised