Rodson gone?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Rodson gone?

Post by old cas lass » 12 Jan 2017, 21:05

So we get a small fee for him.
Good luck to the lad.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 12 Jan 2017, 22:00

good luck ash at least you went about it the right way unlike some..

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 12 Jan 2017, 22:14

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jan 2017, 22:43

I think hel be a big hit next year at york still remember try he scored at salford good luck to him anyway
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 12 Jan 2017, 23:57

Not funny season now is it ' Big Shug' posted this 14th Dec , only to be shouted down by this clown.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 12 Jan 2017, 23:57

Really gutted about this in a selfish way think ash had a real big future in front of him at cas if he hadn't have got his injury last year I'm sure he would have been a real hit like minikin but fair play to the lad looking after his long term life and goal would still like to see him achieve his potential in rugby at some time too

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jan 2017, 09:34

That's the disappointing thing for me - we supported him all the way through his injury and it would have been nice to see him take to the field in Cas colours again.

But best of luck to Ash and it's more money in the pot for us I guess towards a new signing. Even if the transfer fee is £10k, that's all money in the bank for the club to help with running costs.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jan 2017, 10:42

Thought york were skint anyway ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Jan 2017, 11:19

He can always come back if his career changes. I'm sure we'll have retained his super league licence, a bit like iestyn Harris at Leeds, or maybe not.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 13 Jan 2017, 11:47

HuddsTigers wrote:That's the disappointing thing for me - we supported him all the way through his injury and it would have been nice to see him take to the field in Cas colours again.

But best of luck to Ash and it's more money in the pot for us I guess towards a new signing. Even if the transfer fee is £10k, that's all money in the bank for the club to help with running costs.
Don't be disappointed Hudds, this is a good move not only for the lad, but for York and Castleford. The Knights coach will bring the best out of him, and hopefully will let Cas know when he is ready to return to FULL TIME , just in the way he paved the way for Minnikin to sign for us, the coach seems to have a bit of Powell about him.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Jan 2017, 13:30

fast hands wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:That's the disappointing thing for me - we supported him all the way through his injury and it would have been nice to see him take to the field in Cas colours again.

Don't be disappointed Hudds, this is a good move not only for the lad, but for York and Castleford. The Knights coach will bring the best out of him, and hopefully will let Cas know when he is ready to return to FULL TIME , just in the way he paved the way for Minnikin to sign for us, the coach seems to have a bit of Powell about him.
Looking very thin in the backs now if you ask me. Only need a couple of injuries to a few and were dead in water again.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 13 Jan 2017, 13:47

tigerfeat wrote:Thought york were skint anyway ...
They were fortunate that they were taken over by a guy whom has put money in the pot.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Jan 2017, 21:57

as long as he doesn't walk out in 12 months time and end up at sale.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Jan 2017, 22:15

lurcher wrote:as long as he doesn't walk out in 12 months time and end up at sale.
I wouldn't mind that if he went to them for a fee plus Denny!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Jan 2017, 22:46

Just as an aside, a small fee for him : I wish the club wouldn't insult our intelligence with this.

In likelihood we'll have received bugger all and possibly even paid York/Robson something to take him off us (honestly)
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jan 2017, 00:10

Mysterio wrote:Just as an aside, a small fee for him : I wish the club wouldn't insult our intelligence with this.

In likelihood we'll have received bugger all and possibly even paid York/Robson something to take him off us (honestly)
Are you implying the club has lied? Steve Gill is a man of integrity and truth, as we have seen with the DS saga. I don't doubt for one second that statement is accurate, even if we have received £2k.

If Robson wants to go part time and is intimated that and York have said we will give you a bit of dosh as comp for training him; in fact, that is probably the case - isn't there a fee for any young player through the academy?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!