Rangi Chase

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Rangi Chase

Post by fords » 01 Mar 2017, 22:22

Normy-Tiger wrote:Im not from Airedale but ive been told its a lad from Airedale yes.
Snap. You prob have the same name as i was told by the looks

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 01 Mar 2017, 23:30

the club as sorted this out do you all need to go on n on about it we got a big game thursday night we should be on about that game ....

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 01 Mar 2017, 23:52

onetiger wrote:the club as sorted this out do you all need to go on n on about it we got a big game thursday night we should be on about that game ....
I think everyone is abit unsure just how it's been sorted as I haven't actually seen any point that it says rangi has been suspended for this weekend or when he's back available that's the bit that's making everyone keep speculating imo.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Mar 2017, 07:13

betts21 wrote:
onetiger wrote:the club as sorted this out do you all need to go on n on about it we got a big game thursday night we should be on about that game ....
I think everyone is abit unsure just how it's been sorted as I haven't actually seen any point that it says rangi has been suspended for this weekend or when he's back available that's the bit that's making everyone keep speculating imo.
I AGREE....IS HE FINISHED OR IS HE STAYING
Audacter Et Sincere

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 02 Mar 2017, 11:17

I don't for one minute think this is over, so the need to talk about it is still there.

A few points of note, Rangi Chase was already on his final warning, and forbidden from going to Pontefract - So this doesn't help his case.

The name you have all been given, is correct, Rangi apparently jumped in the back of a mini bus, and was followed in by this lad, who's mates barricaded the doors so he couldn't get out while he set about Rangi, beating the life out of him, and biting chunks out of his face, shoulder and arms, he then managed to get out thanks to one of his mates getting him free, where they chased him down again and dragged him around the street and gave him a kicking.

Now, Rangi seems totally innocent in this, but there are claims he had already had an altercation with someone and this could've been a retaliation.

I phoned a contact of mine, who phoned Daryl to make him aware first thing Sunday morning of the attack on Rangi, as he wasn't aware and so he could plan for Thursday. This was before I knew of the first potential incident, and I was pleading Rangi's innocence.

This all came from an Eye witness, so will be bang accurate.

I really hope we afford him the luxury of one last chance, and give him the help he needs as off the field, he isn't in a great mental state IMO.

And I hope we pursue those responsible for the attack.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 02 Mar 2017, 11:20

above is pretty much what I have heard.... Glad it came from somebpdy else too.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 02 Mar 2017, 11:24

dettoriman wrote:I don't for one minute think this is over, so the need to talk about it is still there.

A few points of note, Rangi Chase was already on his final warning, and forbidden from going to Pontefract - So this doesn't help his case.

The name you have all been given, is correct, Rangi apparently jumped in the back of a mini bus, and was followed in by this lad, who's mates barricaded the doors so he couldn't get out while he set about Rangi, beating the life out of him, and biting chunks out of his face, shoulder and arms, he then managed to get out thanks to one of his mates getting him free, where they chased him down again and dragged him around the street and gave him a kicking.

Now, Rangi seems totally innocent in this, but there are claims he had already had an altercation with someone and this could've been a retaliation.

I phoned a contact of mine, who phoned Daryl to make him aware first thing Sunday morning of the attack on Rangi, as he wasn't aware and so he could plan for Thursday. This was before I knew of the first potential incident, and I was pleading Rangi's innocence.

This all came from an Eye witness, so will be bang accurate.

I really hope we afford him the luxury of one last chance, and give him the help he needs as off the field, he isn't in a great mental state IMO.

And I hope we pursue those responsible for the attack.
If that's the case this sounds a horrific attack, unless this was all well planned and the thugs have done their homework regarding CCTV then hopefully it is all caught on camera.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Mar 2017, 11:42

First question, who told him pontefract was out of bounds.
Was it was the club and he's defied there instruction then yes there's a possibility of a sacking offence.
Also, dettoriman says off the field he isn't in a great place.
Does this mean he as relapsed into depression.
I do know he as personal issues which won't help his state of mind.

To be fair sacking him now could make these mental issues worse. That's if he does have any mental issues.
IMO I think the lad as a lot of demons, he really does need lots of care.
I do wish him well.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Mar 2017, 11:43

he was on last warning told to go no where near ponte and ended up getting a right beating there on saturday ,we look to me to have best team in league this season with a rate chance on winning something powell will want no distractions at all and certainly not to run a risk of other players getting sucked into any nonsense
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 02 Mar 2017, 12:02

I think Dettoriman's story/description of events is quite chilling. But why does the guy go into Ponte? It's like going into the Lions den for a well known and not particularly liked Cas player, why not go into Leeds or Sheffield? I can understand him avoiding Wakey or Exscape but Ponte? Jeez.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 02 Mar 2017, 13:44

Thanks for telling us what you know. It sounds horrific and I hope we pursue the attacker properly. I'm guessing the attacker was the same one that was bragging on social media. It sounds horrific

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 02 Mar 2017, 13:54

The attacker needs locking up end of. To bite chunks out of somebody and then brag about it on social media is sick and he needs putting away before he as a go at someone else.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 02 Mar 2017, 14:16

Well Normy,

You have it right. That's come from someone who tried to help him out, a girl, who ended up running through Ponty with him trying to escape. So it's bang right. The call was made to the police from her phone. She rang me 8am Sunday morning to tell me. I got the information straight to Daryl.

He was told by the club not to go to Ponty, as said it's a lions den, people are trying to have a pot shot at them all the time, He defied this.

Folk I am talking to (Not my contact close to Daryl, I might add) are suggesting he may get the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

For me though there's a bigger picture, we need to make use of State of Mind and get the guys head straight. If we let him go, I'd fear the worst.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Mar 2017, 14:32

The greatest talent often has the greatest problems and gremlins. I'm sure the club don't want to lose him but we have to address the problems.

Ultimately a club can only do so much. The club is a results business, we lose, then lose fans then risk relegation and it spirals.

As a club we need a healthy balance of doing what's right but the club needs a positive outcome. In this case it's a healthy rangi who wins us matches.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 02 Mar 2017, 16:08

Tbh I've not got a bloody clue what's happend to rangi Saturday night. What I do know is the lad needs help,serious help.i really hope the club gets him that help and I believe they have a duty to do just that rather than hang him out to dry.We don't want another terry Newton on our hands do we.

if what I'm hearing is true none of our players need to be going up ponte not alone anyway has they are been targeted,not just Cas players either I believe Liam hood was given a severe beating not two weeks ago.all scary stuff when some big shots feel they are above the law,the sooner they are locked up the better.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 02 Mar 2017, 17:03

Ignore websites like that. They know as much as us.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 02 Mar 2017, 17:49

Normy-Tiger wrote:Ignore websites like that. They know as much as us.
Totally agree, they think that Rangi partners Gale in the centres!!!!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 02 Mar 2017, 18:10

orrsome wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:Ignore websites like that. They know as much as us.
Totally agree, they think that Rangi partners Gale in the centres!!!!
Haha fair enough

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 02 Mar 2017, 20:09

They just said on sky they are assured he will be back next week after the matter has now been dealt with and he has served his one week suspension.