Tom Burgess

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tom Burgess

Post by Dazzyb » 21 Apr 2017, 23:24

Any truth in TB has signed for us next year? Few different people have mentioned it, so figured would throw it out there. Also what chance do you think we will get McGillivray for next season?

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Tom Burgess

Post by TheSheriff » 22 Apr 2017, 16:46

McGillvary would be a waste of money with Eden, Hardaker & Minikin in the team.

Tom Burgess would be brilliant though, they would need to pick up another forward to go with him too IMO.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Apr 2017, 17:57

McGillvary would be an excellent replacement for Monaghan. Would also allow Minikin to move into right centre.

That would then allow Webbo to move into back row. Send-Lefao could then move to prop with Lynch maybe going.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Apr 2017, 19:43

HuddsTigers wrote:McGillvary would be an excellent replacement for Monaghan. Would also allow Minikin to move into right centre.

That would then allow Webbo to move into back row. Send-Lefao could then move to prop with Lynch maybe going.
Would love mcgillvary at cas.automatically too try scorer lol

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 23 Apr 2017, 00:04

I hope this comes to fruition on rumours about TB heading to Cas as this would be a brilliant replacement for Lynchy. Bit concerned about Shenny's form just now and hope he can bring his form back up - he's not been same since his long layoff and been good in patches only as I see it. What's happening with Patrick! ... Anyone know ?

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 23 Apr 2017, 07:11

As the old saying goes 'form is temporary class is permanant' Sir shenny will be fine. As for TB fingers crossed but only time will tell.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 Apr 2017, 09:35

CasRus wrote:I hope this comes to fruition on rumours about TB heading to Cas as this would be a brilliant replacement for Lynchy. Bit concerned about Shenny's form just now and hope he can bring his form back up - he's not been same since his long layoff and been good in patches only as I see it. What's happening with Patrick! ... Anyone know ?
Think Shenton has gone well bar the Saints game. No surprise that when he is missing, out left edge isn't as fluent. Lots of our tries down that side are in part a result of Shenton running excellent lines at his opposing centre, drawing in the winger and leaving the space for either Gale or Hardaker to work the ball to Eden and score.
I would doubt Burgess would come back to SL. He can earn far more even as a squad player in the NRL.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 23 Apr 2017, 10:27

nottinghamtiger wrote:
CasRus wrote:I hope this comes to fruition on rumours about TB heading to Cas as this would be a brilliant replacement for Lynchy. Bit concerned about Shenny's form just now and hope he can bring his form back up - he's not been same since his long layoff and been good in patches only as I see it. What's happening with Patrick! ... Anyone know ?
Think Shenton has gone well bar the Saints game. No surprise that when he is missing, out left edge isn't as fluent. Lots of our tries down that side are in part a result of Shenton running excellent lines at his opposing centre, drawing in the winger and leaving the space for either Gale or Hardaker to work the ball to Eden and score.
I would doubt Burgess would come back to SL. He can earn far more even as a squad player in the NRL.
I am a big fan of shenny his d is usually top draw but I constantly get frustrated at the amount of time I think he runs his winger out or holds on to the ball just that second too long some times just think his passing game let's him down just my opinion like but think jakes lines and passing is another level compared to shenny

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 Apr 2017, 10:42

betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
I am a big fan of shenny his d is usually top draw but I constantly get frustrated at the amount of time I think he runs his winger out or holds on to the ball just that second too long some times just think his passing game let's him down just my opinion like but think jakes lines and passing is another level compared to shenny
The stats suggest otherwise though.
In 2015 Shenton gave the second most try-assists (11) and was also third in our tryscoring list (14).
In 2014 he gave the third most try-assists (17) and scored 17 tries (our top try scorer that season).
This suggests he makes good choices as to whether to pass the ball or not.
He's also level with Webster for try assists this year so the argument that Webster's passing game is "another level" this year doesn't hold up either. He's also given more try assists that Webster in every season (bar 2016 obviously).

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 23 Apr 2017, 12:18

Jake and Shenny's are two different animals. Jake is playing his best rugby I have seen from him in power on attack, some devastating tackling and hard to get past. Shenny's is more of a whippet and creates tries however his form has dipped slightly and not as sharp as he was before his injury, but still a very effective player. Personally I think Moneghan has played very well when he has been given the opportunity and I still think is a consideration either wing or centre if Shenny doesn't create better form than last game at St. Helens. It does worry me that we are thinking we are world beaters when it is obviously not the case and it is a lot closer between teams now - just look how Leeds have risen from the drubbing we gave them , so let's not get carried away with ourselves just now and take it game by game which today's game might give us all a better indication of where we are just now.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 23 Apr 2017, 13:07

nottinghamtiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
In 2015 Shenton gave the second most try-assists (11) and was also third in our tryscoring list (14).
In 2014 he gave the third most try-assists (17) and scored 17 tries (our top try scorer that season).
He's also level with Webster for try assists this year so the argument that Webster's passing game is "another level" this year doesn't hold up either. He's also given more try assists that Webster in every season (bar 2016 obviously).
Do the stats show %of play down either side? Like I said just my opinion stats are great but from watching him over the years he tends to crab rather than straighten up and run his winger out where as if he straightened up more think we would score even more from him let's also not for get he's had some outstanding winger on his side to finish these tries to build up these stats

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 Jul 2017, 11:13

betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Do the stats show %of play down either side? Like I said just my opinion stats are great but from watching him over the years he tends to crab rather than straighten up and run his winger out where as if he straightened up more think we would score even more from him let's also not for get he's had some outstanding winger on his side to finish these tries to build up these stats
Looking at the stats so far this year reminded me of this thread.
Shenton has the most try assists for a centre by a country mile and is 4th overall (more try assists than Luke Gale).
And the stats don't count the number of times Shenton's running line occupies the edge defenders, allowing Hardaker to chime into the line and get over himself or put the winger in.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 07 Aug 2017, 22:10

And I made this up in April .. woo woo . I'm in th know now peeps or should I say Craig field is who's the chap that told me lol

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Aug 2017, 09:43

You made it up?
Audacter Et Sincere

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 09 Aug 2017, 19:12

No mate I was told in April. Ignore the 'I made it up remark', was the Jim Beam talking. Meant to say brought it up lol

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Aug 2017, 21:48

Front page of league express "tigers sign NRL star"

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Aug 2017, 21:49

Scoopage wrote:Front page of league express "tigers sign NRL star"