Joe Westerman

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Joe Westerman

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 May 2017, 23:39

Rumours he is heading back to Yorkshire next season. Would we want him?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Joe Westerman

Post by old cas lass » 05 May 2017, 00:17

nottinghamtiger wrote:Rumours he is heading back to Yorkshire next season. Would we want him?
He's having a great season.
Keeps his form up, maybe.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 May 2017, 05:52

Nope. Too much of a loose cannon, especially if we keep Rangi next year.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 05 May 2017, 06:24

Id take him back straight away n give him the loose forward spot n go back to giving Milner n McShane spells at hooker
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 05 May 2017, 08:23

It would be dependent on him losing some of the weight he's gained whilst at wire. Also I'm not sure who he would displace; Moors, JSL, Holmes, Mcmeeken are all better back rowers & Massey does a particular job that DP wants him to (got to say we've looked better when he's played this year). Can we afford to pay the wages of someone like westy for him not to be playing?
As a side Tony Smith has taken two of the brightest attacking prospects Cas have produced in the last 20 years & absolutely ruined them.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 May 2017, 08:31

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:It would be dependent on him losing some of the weight he's gained whilst at wire. Also I'm not sure who he would displace; Moors, JSL, Holmes, Mcmeeken are all better back rowers & Massey does a particular job that DP wants him to (got to say we've looked better when he's played this year). Can we afford to pay the wages of someone like westy for him not to be playing?
As a side Tony Smith has taken two of the brightest attacking prospects Cas have produced in the last 20 years & absolutely ruined them.
To be fair steady westerman was ruined at hull.
Joe seems to be finding some form.
As for daz not a patch of the player we had.
Gone way way backwards.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 05 May 2017, 10:15

He'll end up at Rhino's.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 May 2017, 10:18

Tigerade wrote:He'll end up at Rhino's.
Yes, jjb and bablett are set to retire. Leeds have plenty of money to spend. He isn't good enough for cas at the moment.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 05 May 2017, 10:23

nottinghamtiger wrote:Rumours he is heading back to Yorkshire next season. Would we want him?
Depends. Definitely not a must have. Decent player. Does he still have baggage? If we recruit some more top class front rowers and can afford him him too then yes. But not at expense of proper replacements for Lynch.
Springer remains a big concern. Not enough minutes. Defensively v poor at times in terms of technique and positioning. Need a lot more from him, especially when we are down on numbers.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 05 May 2017, 14:26

old cas lass wrote:To be fair steady westerman was ruined at hull.
What? :shock: his best ever SL season was his last one at Hull, who knows how much of it was down to having Ellis & Minichello in the back row with him though.

He would be an instant improvement on Massey though - does everything Massey does just as good, if not better as well as being a much, much more potent attacking threat, good ball skills and a decent kicking game.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 05 May 2017, 14:33

Is he an improvement on Milner though. He improves the squad but not the starting 13. At the right price yes but I think his wages would be too high.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 05 May 2017, 17:33

TT Tiger wrote:Is he an improvement on Milner though. He improves the squad but not the starting 13. At the right price yes but I think his wages would be too high.
He improves the starting 17, that's what you need.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 05 May 2017, 19:16

TT Tiger wrote:Is he an improvement on Milner though. He improves the squad but not the starting 13. At the right price yes but I think his wages would be too high.
His Westerman an improvement on Milner? that statement must be a joke, Joe is the best natural 13 in SL and I can't understand how he is not in the England side . He as been outstanding this year in a poor Wire season so far and would be a great addition to our squad but I doubt we could get him under the cap. If he comes back to Yorkshire which I doubt the only club he will be going to his Leeds, a club he refused to sign for as a youngster.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 May 2017, 21:01

No brainer if we could pull it off also think youd see him play his best footy so far next season if he arrived back down lane
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 05 May 2017, 21:07

Would not have him back allways thought that when it got tough he went missing we need to sign better than him and believe the club is in a position to do so but would think a centre is a priority

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 06 May 2017, 02:05

Sharlotiger wrote:
His Westerman an improvement on Milner? that statement must be a joke, Joe is the best natural 13 in SL and I can't understand how he is not in the England side . He as been outstanding this year in a poor Wire season so far and would be a great addition to our squad but I doubt we could get him under the cap. If he comes back to Yorkshire which I doubt the only club he will be going to his Leeds, a club he refused to sign for as a youngster.
Ok what does joe offer that adz does not? Tackling? Speed? Thought? Passing? Adz does all of these and I would say is better/quicker than joe too. I always saw joe as an hard running second row with hands an a boot more in the style of david Furner.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 06 May 2017, 09:37

jackknife wrote:Id take him back straight away n give him the loose forward spot n go back to giving Milner n McShane spells at hooker
Because Milner loose forward hast worked for us at all as it :shock:

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 06 May 2017, 09:38

laner wrote:Would not have him back allways thought that when it got tough he went missing we need to sign better than him and believe the club is in a position to do so but would think a centre is a priority
This

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 May 2017, 11:15

Scoopage wrote:
jackknife wrote:Id take him back straight away n give him the loose forward spot n go back to giving Milner n McShane spells at hooker
Exactly. Milner has been fantastic at loose, why try and move him? I'd be telling Adz thats his spot to make his own for years to come personally. I'm not saying I wouldn't have Westerman back for the right deal, but I wouldn't be moving Adz from 13 if it happened. Joe would be a second rower, but is he better than what we have? I don't think so, but everyone has their own opinions. If the opportunity for him did come up I don't think it's an easy decision. Plus, he wouldn't come cheap, so would the money be better off being used in positions we need to strengthen more, ie; Prop to replace Lynch. I know it's also a few years ago now, but Joe and Rangi weren't exactly good for each other off the field last time were they? Joe is a good player, but would he fit into what we have at the club now? The jury is out for me on it

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 06 May 2017, 18:06

Scoopage wrote:
Alright calm down it was just an opinion, i think Milner has done well at 13 but think hes a better 9 and again just my opinion i dont think we can ask McShane to play 80mins every week and just for the record in MY opinion Westerman is a better 13 than Milner and hes definitely better than our 2nd choice 13 in Massey.

It would make for good competition for places.

But it ok if you don't agree i wont hold it against you.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER