Rangi

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Rangi

Post by tigerfeat » 12 May 2017, 19:12

He must get a kick out of dangerous situations everybody hates him at fev thats were he goes ..i really did think early in the year when he got the number 6 shirt and was playing well he would settle down and be a big asset to us
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 12 May 2017, 19:23

Robbo wrote:He was there.
There was trouble.
He was drinking.

That's all we need to know. The lad must be on borrowed time.
Serious help needed and some mates who want to take him to Harrogate or north Leeds away from idiots who bait him.
Cup game v Fev with him in the squad. Incident/ a defeat/ all the right mix for a scrap.

Robbo

not sure we can take the cost of this alone and as you see with Gazza you need to WANT to get better
Just as many idiots in Harrogate and north Leeds you just don't hear about it in Cas but he can come to Otley me and my old man (casjunction) would look after him.

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 12 May 2017, 19:43

People need to forget about where he drinks and concentrate on him getting proper mental health advise. He feels down and he drinks to feel better or get a buzz by going to dodgey places. His head needs sorting out END OF.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 May 2017, 20:24

Rumour is that his contract been terminated earlier today

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 May 2017, 21:18

1973 wrote:People need to forget about where he drinks and concentrate on him getting proper mental health advise. He feels down and he drinks to feel better or get a buzz by going to dodgey places. His head needs sorting out END OF.
If only it was that easy.
Their are a myriad of mental health and personality disorders which are very difficult to treat.
Caring though his working environment maybe the happiness he sees around him may only exacerbate his feeling of isolation .
It may be for his sake he needs to move.
The club also has a duty of care for his colleagues and must also operate an efficient business.
Whatever the outcome he will need ongoing support.
Very sad.

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 12 May 2017, 21:38

Too right he needs support, but apart from Cas who will give him it ??????????

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 12 May 2017, 22:29

Oh Rangi... when he's on the field he's completely happy, smiling and punching the shirt. It's obviously a place where he feels the most comfortable, it's the off field problems when there's no rugby and his mind seems to run free.

While it's a problem for the club I feel we really need to stick with it, if we sack him that's going to be a serious trigger which could send him further down the pit.

I'm not going to say anything more as nobody knows what's going on in his head and I think it's unfair to speculate. Mental health isn't cured overnight and I feel as an employer the club and the RFL need to help as much as possible.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Lee A

Post by Lee A » 13 May 2017, 01:34

Normy-Tiger wrote:Already a thread in rumour mill pal
It's not a rumour though pal. So why is it in the rumour mill?

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 13 May 2017, 06:56

Lee A wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:Already a thread in rumour mill pal
It's not a rumour though pal. So why is it in the rumour mill?
We all know something happened but nobody knows the exact truth so it goes in the rumour mill. Dont want people spouting rubbish stories as ive already heard 3 different ones.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 May 2017, 09:04

i was told last night that another of our players was with him both drunk out of their sculls , the other player mentioned will remain nameless, I told him I just could not see it, funny how things escalate , it will all come out in the wash, in the mean time get well soon Rangi get the help you certainly need

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 May 2017, 09:57

Rangi is loved by the fans, who seem able to forgive him most things. But what is the club's role as employers? They have a duty of care, but are not a charity, and can only go so far to help Rangi, who seems intent on self-destruction, and seems to attract the headlines for the wrong reasons. If he is not able to play and toe the line, it's time to let go, sadly.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 May 2017, 10:08

If what I've heard is true, and Rangi was attacked first, in an unprovoked attack, then his every right to defend himself and the person who started it should be charged accordingly by the law.

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 13 May 2017, 10:29

Fumper27 wrote:If what I've heard is true, and Rangi was attacked first, in an unprovoked attack, then his every right to defend himself and the person who started it should be charged accordingly by the law.
He should know better than going to watch a Fev match end of.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 13 May 2017, 10:49

1973 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:If what I've heard is true, and Rangi was attacked first, in an unprovoked attack, then his every right to defend himself and the person who started it should be charged accordingly by the law.

Again it's Rangi. You wouldn't be reading anything if Minikin/Lynchy/Millo (just examples) went to watch Fev..but Rangi now has a name for himself and add drink to that he certainly doesn't help himself.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 May 2017, 11:25

1973 wrote:
Why??? Who are to to decide where someone can and can't go. What an narrow minded view you possess.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 May 2017, 12:19

Fumper27 wrote:
1973 wrote:
Why??? Who are to to decide where someone can and can't go. What an narrow minded view you possess.
More common sense. Cas player going to watch Fev..........

Both teams and fans don't get on, haven't for years
Rangi incident with Fev player in CC a few years back
Cas player blind drunk at the game

Recipe for disaster if you ask me

Keep your nose clean we have a game in 48hrs

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 13 May 2017, 13:14

Fumper27 wrote:
1973 wrote:
WHY Are you for real. The last time he played there he broke one of their players jaw. There supporters won't forget that and he puts himself in situations he shouldn't be in. He doesn't help himself that's for sure.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 May 2017, 13:23

He should never have been at Fev...... commonsense.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 May 2017, 13:42

Sorry but I disagree. It is that kind of "molly coddling" that emphasises everything that is wrong with today's society. So what if he did something wrong there years ago. Doesn't mean he can't every go back there to watch a game of rugby.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 13 May 2017, 13:47

Fumper27 wrote:Sorry but I disagree. It is that kind of "molly coddling" that emphasises everything that is wrong with today's society. So what if he did something wrong there years ago. Doesn't mean he can't every go back there to watch a game of rugby.
can't go to ponte for a night out

can't go to Fev to watch a game

I think some fans expect players to live in a bubble in their homes
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan