Andre savelio

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Andre savelio

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Jun 2017, 12:48

Andrew6666 wrote:Do we need Savelio? I don't think so to be honest. We have a lot of very good second rowers, Milner and Massey at 13. I like the look of Foster. Waste of a wage and squad position for me. Also, he chose another team over us previously, why are we constantly drooling over him?!?!?!? He hasn't pulled up any trees at Wire. I would be looking at Mullaly at Leeds over Savelio (just my opinion).
My understanding is that he had already signed for Warrington before he joined us on loan last season.
Agree with the rest of your post though!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Jun 2017, 08:03

Brisbane bronco bound I believe.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Jun 2017, 08:05

Looks like hes signed a deal with brisbane broncos i think he will do well there like he did the short time he was at cas
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Jun 2017, 08:05

Oops beat me to it...
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Jun 2017, 08:27

tigerfeat wrote:Looks like hes signed a deal with brisbane broncos i think he will do well there like he did the short time he was at cas
Depends on attitude, won't be shocked to see him back over here within 18 months
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Jun 2017, 10:49

the machine wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Looks like hes signed a deal with brisbane broncos i think he will do well there like he did the short time he was at cas
Depends on attitude, won't be shocked to see him back over here within 18 months
Sorry to say he will get limited time in the 1st team,more likely get regular action in the feeder team like Eden did.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Jun 2017, 11:03

your probably right ,just thought myself he may have a chance out there
Vince Lombardi

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 Jun 2017, 11:17

I'm actually opposite and think that AS would have been a good fit for us, and that we're the team where he could have really developed into the player many know he can be. I thought the 7 games or so he played with us last year he was very very good, and were probably the best he has played in his career. Also there were no reports at all of any attitude problem whatsoever.

It appears very much to me the problem has been, is that he has played in a very structured, regimented environment under Kieron Cunningham and then under a similar one, although not as strict, at Warrington. He has of course massive South Sea blood running through him, and like many of those types he wants to express himself and has not been allowed to, and has been a frustrated animal. It's common knowledge that Cunniongham wanted him to be merely a battering ram, whereas he wanted to play wider with more freedom. Just look at Junior and JSL, how they have played under DP, whereas in the NRL they were just bit part players doing a job, in JSL's case only on limited occasions, him not being able to hardly get a game.

Many many on here said the same thing and were condemnatory when we signed the likes of Cook, McShane, Eden, Hitchcox and for that matter even Zak, where many said he would not be worth the trouble he begins. And that's just for starters and look at how all those have gone for us, when they have played.

I actually think AS would have developed extremely well with us, as make no mistake he can play if allowed to.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 28 Jun 2017, 18:28

Really not that arsed at all. He did ok for us but Saints and Wire are obviously not that impressed by him. Would much prefer Wardle and or Walmsley if we are spending any brass tbh.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 Jun 2017, 18:49

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Really not that arsed at all. He did ok for us but Saints and Wire are obviously not that impressed by him. Would much prefer Wardle and or Walmsley if we are spending any brass tbh.
It goes without saying that I too would prefer both Wardle and Walmsley as they are provable quality players and I will be absolutely delighted if we get either, or or both to coin a phrase.

However in the event we don't get them or even as a possible secondary addition (salary cap permitting) I would still not turn my nose up at Savelio.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Jun 2017, 18:55

Herbert Latch wrote:He has of course massive South Sea blood running through him, and like many of those types he wants to express himself and has not been allowed to, and has been a frustrated animal.
Does he has South Sea heritage or are you assuming this based on his skin colour?
Describing him as one of "those types" and then claiming this has led to him becoming a "frustrated animal" doesn't sound good, does it?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Jun 2017, 19:21

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Herbert Latch wrote:He has of course massive South Sea blood running through him, and like many of those types he wants to express himself and has not been allowed to, and has been a frustrated animal.
Does he has South Sea heritage or are you assuming this based on his skin colour?
Describing him as one of "those types" and then claiming this has led to him becoming a "frustrated animal" doesn't sound good, does it?
His father is Lokeni Savelio who played in the UK in the late 90s and hails from Samoa

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Jun 2017, 19:26

Fumper27 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
His father is Lokeni Savelio who played in the UK in the late 90s and hails from Samoa
Not really on to describe his as one of "those types" based on his heritage though, or link this to the suggestion he is an "animal".
Probably unintentional, but still unacceptable.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 Jun 2017, 21:51

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Not really on to describe his as one of "those types" based on his heritage though, or link this to the suggestion he is an "animal".
As the previous poster pointed out I knew full well he was of Samoan descent and was inferring that if you look closely enough that South Sea Islanders possess tremendous flair and passion and like to express that. A very positive statement about them.The term ''frustrated animal'' is a term that is used for any human being that is being inhibited and not being allowed to be or do what he would like to, not that he is actually an animal, which anyone with a brain could see. The phrase ''those types'' refers quite clearly to the fact that he has South Sea heritage and that they like to express themselves, which again was another positive statement, which even a 5 yo could see. Furthermore I am a big fan of South Sea Islanders as anyone who knows me can testify and I have always advocated signing them.

There was nothing whatsoever negative or derogatory there to anyone, apart from the politically correct psychological jackbooted fascists that are springing up everywhere who see a fly in every ointment, and turn every little word or phrase, no matter how innocuous round to their advantage. Grow up mate and stop being so petty and ridiculous.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Jun 2017, 22:18

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Get a grip. idiots like you have been totally brainwashed.
Audacter Et Sincere

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 Jun 2017, 22:23

Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Get a grip. idiots like you have been totally brainwashed.
Thanks a lot Mysterio, that needed saying.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Jun 2017, 22:42

Herbert Latch wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
As the previous poster pointed out I knew full well he was of Samoan descent and was inferring that if you look closely enough that South Sea Islanders possess tremendous flair and passion and like to express that. A very positive statement about them.The term ''frustrated animal'' is a term that is used for any human being that is being inhibited and not being allowed to be or do what he would like to, not that he is actually an animal, which anyone with a brain could see. The phrase ''those types'' refers quite clearly to the fact that he has South Sea heritage and that they like to express themselves, which again was another positive statement, which even a 5 yo could see. Furthermore I am a big fan of South Sea Islanders as anyone who knows me can testify and I have always advocated signing them.

There was nothing whatsoever negative or derogatory there to anyone, apart from the politically correct psychological jackbooted fascists that are springing up everywhere who see a fly in every ointment, and turn every little word or phrase, no matter how innocuous round to their advantage. Grow up mate and stop being so petty and ridiculous.
As I said, it was probably unintentional but you continue to stereotype based on his culture:
"South Sea Islanders possess tremendous flair and passion and like to express that";
"...he has South Sea heritage and they like to express themselves";
You continue to refer to South Sea Islanders as "those types".
Basically, you're labelling all people from this culture as all having the same traits and characteristics. You assume that because you hold this stereotypical view, it is true of Andre Savelio and indeed every South Sea Islander. At best, it's stereotypical. At worst, it's racist.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Jun 2017, 23:02

as I recall the reason saints got shot was his attitude. sav and joe greenwood had both gone backwards after a promising start in the first team. they were told they were both going out on loan but sav refused. greenwood complied and came back a very good forward. sav was left to rot as a lesson.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 Jun 2017, 23:22

There was nothing whatsoever negative or derogatory there to anyone, apart from the politically correct psychological jackbooted fascists that are springing up everywhere who see a fly in every ointment, and turn every little word or phrase, no matter how innocuous round to their advantage. Grow up mate and stop being so petty and ridiculous.[/quote
]
As I said, it was probably unintentional but you continue to stereotype based on his culture:
"South Sea Islanders possess tremendous flair and passion and like to express that";
"...he has South Sea heritage and they like to express themselves";
You continue to refer to South Sea Islanders as "those types".
Basically, you're labelling all people from this culture as all having the same traits and characteristics. You assume that because you hold this stereotypical view, it is true of Andre Savelio and indeed every South Sea Islander. At best, it's stereotypical. At worst, it's racist.
[/quote]

Complete garbage again. I said that SSI's possess tremendous flair and passion, like to express themselves etc, all positive attributes, but never said anywhere every single one of them all have, I am sure there are some that do not. I did not continue to refer to them as ''those types'' I was merely explaining the use of it, in my original post, which anyone, even you can see, if you look closely enough. As said it is quite clear I am not labelling all people from this culture as having the same traits etc, even the positive ones named which were only the ones named, I did not list any negative ones, and it is equally clear I was referring to their rugby skills, so many of which I have seen over many years. I do not assume it is true of Andre Savelio, I know he has these skills as I have seen him play many times, particularly as a junior and can testify to that.

You must be the only person that finds fault with some one talking positively about people, I would hate to think what you would have said, had I criticised them or run them down. There was nothing stereotypical about it, and to insinuate racism is diabolical and at worst libellous. Particularly as I have family who are of Nigerian descent and who I am very fond of.

I will give you a tip mate, if you want to continue this stupid argument of yours get prepared to type out on your computer for a long long time to come, because if you think I am going to back down to such monumental tripe that you are coming out with, think again.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 28 Jun 2017, 23:25

@nottstiger

Geez someone overdosed on the princess pill this morning.

Would it also be racist to say that Ethiopians are good at long distance running races ?

The poster obviously meant no harm or malice from their post. And weren't saying anything negative, you have just put 2+2 together and got -27.