Andre savelio

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Andre savelio

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 Jun 2017, 22:23

Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Herbert Latch wrote:He has of course massive South Sea blood running through him, and like many of those types he wants to express himself and has not been allowed to, and has been a frustrated animal.
Does he has South Sea heritage or are you assuming this based on his skin colour?
Describing him as one of "those types" and then claiming this has led to him becoming a "frustrated animal" doesn't sound good, does it?
His father is Lokeni Savelio who played in the UK in the late 90s and hails from Samoa
Not really on to describe his as one of "those types" based on his heritage though, or link this to the suggestion he is an "animal".
Probably unintentional, but still unacceptable.
Get a grip. idiots like you have been totally brainwashed.
Thanks a lot Mysterio, that needed saying.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Jun 2017, 22:42

Herbert Latch wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Herbert Latch wrote:He has of course massive South Sea blood running through him, and like many of those types he wants to express himself and has not been allowed to, and has been a frustrated animal.
Does he has South Sea heritage or are you assuming this based on his skin colour?
Describing him as one of "those types" and then claiming this has led to him becoming a "frustrated animal" doesn't sound good, does it?
His father is Lokeni Savelio who played in the UK in the late 90s and hails from Samoa
Not really on to describe his as one of "those types" based on his heritage though, or link this to the suggestion he is an "animal".
As the previous poster pointed out I knew full well he was of Samoan descent and was inferring that if you look closely enough that South Sea Islanders possess tremendous flair and passion and like to express that. A very positive statement about them.The term ''frustrated animal'' is a term that is used for any human being that is being inhibited and not being allowed to be or do what he would like to, not that he is actually an animal, which anyone with a brain could see. The phrase ''those types'' refers quite clearly to the fact that he has South Sea heritage and that they like to express themselves, which again was another positive statement, which even a 5 yo could see. Furthermore I am a big fan of South Sea Islanders as anyone who knows me can testify and I have always advocated signing them.

There was nothing whatsoever negative or derogatory there to anyone, apart from the politically correct psychological jackbooted fascists that are springing up everywhere who see a fly in every ointment, and turn every little word or phrase, no matter how innocuous round to their advantage. Grow up mate and stop being so petty and ridiculous.
As I said, it was probably unintentional but you continue to stereotype based on his culture:
"South Sea Islanders possess tremendous flair and passion and like to express that";
"...he has South Sea heritage and they like to express themselves";
You continue to refer to South Sea Islanders as "those types".
Basically, you're labelling all people from this culture as all having the same traits and characteristics. You assume that because you hold this stereotypical view, it is true of Andre Savelio and indeed every South Sea Islander. At best, it's stereotypical. At worst, it's racist.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Jun 2017, 23:02

as I recall the reason saints got shot was his attitude. sav and joe greenwood had both gone backwards after a promising start in the first team. they were told they were both going out on loan but sav refused. greenwood complied and came back a very good forward. sav was left to rot as a lesson.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 Jun 2017, 23:22

As the previous poster pointed out I knew full well he was of Samoan descent and was inferring that if you look closely enough that South Sea Islanders possess tremendous flair and passion and like to express that. A very positive statement about them.The term ''frustrated animal'' is a term that is used for any human being that is being inhibited and not being allowed to be or do what he would like to, not that he is actually an animal, which anyone with a brain could see. The phrase ''those types'' refers quite clearly to the fact that he has South Sea heritage and that they like to express themselves, which again was another positive statement, which even a 5 yo could see. Furthermore I am a big fan of South Sea Islanders as anyone who knows me can testify and I have always advocated signing them.

There was nothing whatsoever negative or derogatory there to anyone, apart from the politically correct psychological jackbooted fascists that are springing up everywhere who see a fly in every ointment, and turn every little word or phrase, no matter how innocuous round to their advantage. Grow up mate and stop being so petty and ridiculous.[/quote
]
As I said, it was probably unintentional but you continue to stereotype based on his culture:
"South Sea Islanders possess tremendous flair and passion and like to express that";
"...he has South Sea heritage and they like to express themselves";
You continue to refer to South Sea Islanders as "those types".
Basically, you're labelling all people from this culture as all having the same traits and characteristics. You assume that because you hold this stereotypical view, it is true of Andre Savelio and indeed every South Sea Islander. At best, it's stereotypical. At worst, it's racist.
[/quote]

Complete garbage again. I said that SSI's possess tremendous flair and passion, like to express themselves etc, all positive attributes, but never said anywhere every single one of them all have, I am sure there are some that do not. I did not continue to refer to them as ''those types'' I was merely explaining the use of it, in my original post, which anyone, even you can see, if you look closely enough. As said it is quite clear I am not labelling all people from this culture as having the same traits etc, even the positive ones named which were only the ones named, I did not list any negative ones, and it is equally clear I was referring to their rugby skills, so many of which I have seen over many years. I do not assume it is true of Andre Savelio, I know he has these skills as I have seen him play many times, particularly as a junior and can testify to that.

You must be the only person that finds fault with some one talking positively about people, I would hate to think what you would have said, had I criticised them or run them down. There was nothing stereotypical about it, and to insinuate racism is diabolical and at worst libellous. Particularly as I have family who are of Nigerian descent and who I am very fond of.

I will give you a tip mate, if you want to continue this stupid argument of yours get prepared to type out on your computer for a long long time to come, because if you think I am going to back down to such monumental tripe that you are coming out with, think again.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 28 Jun 2017, 23:25

@nottstiger

Geez someone overdosed on the princess pill this morning.

Would it also be racist to say that Ethiopians are good at long distance running races ?

The poster obviously meant no harm or malice from their post. And weren't saying anything negative, you have just put 2+2 together and got -27.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Jun 2017, 00:28

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
id stop there if i was you the more you come out with the more of a idiot your making yourself look
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 30 Jun 2017, 10:49

What is this world coming to. People are being brainwashed with Political correctness and folk these days can open their mouths without been labelled racist. I may invest In an app to re write people's comments in line with the PC way, could be a bit of earner as well as keeping those ready to chant racist, silent.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 30 Jun 2017, 23:01

Never read such garbage in all my life nottstiger get a grip ffs

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Jul 2017, 01:42

Any way I would love Andre at the club if D P thinks he would fit the bill

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 01 Jul 2017, 10:21

lidds wrote:@nottstiger

Geez someone overdosed on the princess pill this morning.

Would it also be racist to say that Ethiopians are good at long distance running races ?

The poster obviously meant no harm or malice from their post. And weren't saying anything negative, you have just put 2+2 together and got -27.
It would be a massive and incorrect generalisation, prejudice even. With the definition of prejudice being to pre-judge. Not all Ethiopians are good at long distance running, although as a nation they do very well at the sport. It's the same principle as claiming all Muslims are terrorists, except that the connotations attached to running aren't negative. Apparently all blokes from Car are amazing in bed - this isn't prejudice, we all know it to be fact.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2017, 12:02

We give many nationalities certain traits/ characteristics without any hint of racism or impropriety. Germans are humourless, Italians are passionate and impetuous, English are reserved and admire the gallant loser, Brazilians like a party, Russians are cold and like a drink, Australians are sporty and competitive, Scots have a wild side, Welsh can all sing and play RU, South Sea Islanders love life and are physically brutal. Yet we all know individuals from those countries who do not fit the template, in fact most won't. But let's not accuse someone of stereotyping or racism because they hold universal caricatures.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Jul 2017, 16:31

You're right.
The reality is that all those caricatures are utter garbage

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 11 Jul 2017, 12:34

Signed for Brisbane Broncos 2 year deal from 2018

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Jul 2017, 13:14

Still don't think he's the next sonny bill though.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Jul 2017, 17:05

Is he classed as English? If so i bet hes in England set up by next year
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 12 Jul 2017, 00:14

jackknife wrote:Is he classed as English? If so i bet hes in England set up by next year
He IS English he was born in England

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Jul 2017, 12:05

jackknife wrote:Is he classed as English? If so i bet hes in England set up by next year
They seem to knock one out over stevie ward and with mcmeeken and Bateman and maybe a fit ferres, is he needed. It helps if the England coach is your club coach though.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 12 Jul 2017, 13:30

Not good enough yet maybe in the future but I can't see it happening anytime soon

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 Jul 2017, 14:42

Brett Ferres is on the way down big time.

He must have put on a stone in flab too.
Audacter Et Sincere