Joe Wardle

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Joe Wardle

Post by Mysterio » 26 Jun 2017, 19:35

Yes or no?
Audacter Et Sincere

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Joe Wardle

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 26 Jun 2017, 19:59

Mysterio wrote:Yes or no?
Would definitely take him. I heard the deal was being done this week. But not so sure now. Could be agents driving prices up.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Jun 2017, 20:01

I'd take him.
Natural right centre.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 26 Jun 2017, 20:53

Will slot straight into the second row with JSL moving up to prop, at a guess.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 26 Jun 2017, 23:11

I'd definitely take him, always liked him. Strong, tough, physical and uncompromising and equally at home at centre or back row. Not without a skill set either. Will give more rotational options, and let's be fair, as wonderful as Jake's been for us, it's obvious he can't play every game and needs a blow or resting every so often.

Hope the reports about JW are true, and would be even better if we could use Rangi's money on the salary cap, to get him over here for the remainder of the season, although I don't expect that to happen.

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 27 Jun 2017, 15:34

nottinghamtiger wrote:I'd take him.
Natural right centre.
He always played on the left at Hudds, as Leroy Cudjoe was the right centre.

But I don't think we would be signing him to play centre - more likely to play left 2nd row and to provide cover for centre.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 27 Jun 2017, 17:22

A yes from me.

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 30 Jun 2017, 23:33

Mick Morgan strongly hinted that we had signed him in the sponsors bar.

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 02 Jul 2017, 17:25

Good as I understood he was going to Hull to be with an ex Huddersfield player.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jul 2017, 12:31

Well, I've hear he's being released at the end of the year. Has anyone else..
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Jul 2017, 10:01

I'm hearing they're both done deals for Walmsley and Wardle. Would be acceptable players for lynch and monaghan.

If Trueman and Tom Holmes are the spare half backs I worry a little tbh. It would be nice to see them feature a couple of times to see if they are good enough. If not, then one half back needed.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 07 Jul 2017, 10:29

mart0042 wrote:I'm hearing they're both done deals for Walmsley and Wardle. Would be acceptable players for lynch and monaghan.

If Trueman and Tom Holmes are the spare half backs I worry a little tbh. It would be nice to see them feature a couple of times to see if they are good enough. If not, then one half back needed.
I think Holmes has proved himself as a good back up. Once he gets his chance with a prolonged period in the starting line up, that when we will find out if he is the long term replacement for Gale.

The bits of Trueman i have seen, he looks the real deal. Just hope he keeps progressing and doesnt stagnate. The last thing we need in English RL is quality juniors stagnating at Championship level.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 07 Jul 2017, 11:51

StevieTheTV wrote:
mart0042 wrote:I'm hearing they're both done deals for Walmsley and Wardle. Would be acceptable players for lynch and monaghan.

I think Holmes has proved himself as a good back up. Once he gets his chance with a prolonged period in the starting line up, that when we will find out if he is the long term replacement for Gale.

The bits of Trueman i have seen, he looks the real deal. Just hope he keeps progressing and doesnt stagnate. The last thing we need in English RL is quality juniors stagnating at Championship level.
I can wee Trueman getting loaned out, probably should be the same for Tom.he probably would still be at Batley if chase hadn't self exploded.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 07 Jul 2017, 13:27

mart0042 wrote:
StevieTheTV wrote:

I can wee Trueman getting loaned out, probably should be the same for Tom.he probably would still be at Batley if chase hadn't self exploded.

We all have to remember Trueman Mcelland and Holmes all young talents that are going to be outstanding talents. All English too!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 07 Jul 2017, 17:22

Cas really need a reserve side, get everyone playing the Cas way instead of shipping them out to get lesser coaching and be out of the style. T. Holmes & Trueman would benefit more from that IMO.

It gives the likes of Hitchcox, Patrick, Maher etc game time in Cas colours too as well as anyone else who other wise would just be a squad player.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 08 Jul 2017, 11:28

Hopefully it's next year they are back. The under 19s need a step up and it full squad needs to be match fit.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 16 Jul 2017, 18:30

Some papers saying chase is still on and that we lead it with Saints and Wire. I was told a few times that he had already signed for us. Not sure how this is panning out.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 16 Jul 2017, 19:45

well july 21st is the cut off date for this season?

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 16 Jul 2017, 20:17

TheSheriff wrote:Cas really need a reserve side, get everyone playing the Cas way instead of shipping them out to get lesser coaching and be out of the style. T. Holmes & Trueman would benefit more from that IMO.

It gives the likes of Hitchcox, Patrick, Maher etc game time in Cas colours too as well as anyone else who other wise would just be a squad player.
Brandon Douglas started up front for Halifax as they stuffed Fev at Fev today, he wont get that sort of experience, playing in a crucial game were the result really counts playing in a reserve match.
cum on you Ford

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 17 Jul 2017, 00:06

And he will get great experience in the super 8s against Catalan Warrington and company