sam tagataese

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

sam tagataese

Post by Dazzyb » 21 Aug 2017, 12:32

sam tagataese To be signed next month. Apparently he has a sibling relation with JSL and plays for Cronulla. The chap who told me said few weeks ago that Wardle would be confirmed today so maybe credible

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: sam tagataese

Post by Scoopage » 21 Aug 2017, 12:51

Hope yer reyt

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Aug 2017, 13:47

Dazzyb wrote:sam tagataese To be signed next month. Apparently he has a sibling relation with JSL and plays for Cronulla. The chap who told me said few weeks ago that Wardle would be confirmed today so maybe credible
Signed or announced??

heppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by heppy » 21 Aug 2017, 16:06

Fumper27 wrote:
Dazzyb wrote:sam tagataese To be signed next month. Apparently he has a sibling relation with JSL and plays for Cronulla. The chap who told me said few weeks ago that Wardle would be confirmed today so maybe credible
Signed or announced??
The Islanders are all related to Fletcher Christian anyway ( that's not racist is it?)

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 22 Aug 2017, 15:23

Listened to Powells radio interview and it sounds like Wardle will be playing 2nd row with JSL going upto prop. When asked if any more signings were going to happen Powell said he was happy with the squad but if the right person comes available he wouldnt rule it out.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 22 Aug 2017, 16:13

He also said that 3 new players to come in next season sure I have read that somewhere anyone else heard that or read same

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 22 Aug 2017, 17:11

laner wrote:He also said that 3 new players to come in next season sure I have read that somewhere anyone else heard that or read same
That's what I thought I'd read too?

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 22 Aug 2017, 18:22

The press release of the announcement of Wardle also said Wardle will be the first new face. I would expect a prop and cover for the backs.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Aug 2017, 19:15

1973 wrote:Listened to Powells radio interview and it sounds like Wardle will be playing 2nd row with JSL going upto prop. When asked if any more signings were going to happen Powell said he was happy with the squad but if the right person comes available he wouldnt rule it out.
JSL is not a prop although he can play there.

We need an out and out prop to replace lynch and if these are the only 2 we bring in that would be great. Dont think we need anything else.

maybe keen monners on less cash as backup for 1 more year ?

Douglas to get a first team spot in 2018 im sure

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 Aug 2017, 19:50

fords wrote:
1973 wrote:Listened to Powells radio interview and it sounds like Wardle will be playing 2nd row with JSL going upto prop. When asked if any more signings were going to happen Powell said he was happy with the squad but if the right person comes available he wouldnt rule it out.

We need an out and out prop to replace lynch and if these are the only 2 we bring in that would be great. Dont think we need anything else.

JSL regularly played prop in Oz and was brought over orignally to play prop here as Jewitts replacement, personally I think his best performances this season have come from the back row but DP sees him at prop especially now we have Holmes back and Foster as been impressive also.With Wardle coming in to play back row aswell we could still do with another quality prop for next year.
Probably do with another outside back also unless Crooks is coming back.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 22 Aug 2017, 21:00

Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:

JSL regularly played prop in Oz and was brought over orignally to play prop here as Jewitts replacement, personally I think his best performances this season have come from the back row but DP sees him at prop especially now we have Holmes back and Foster as been impressive also.With Wardle coming in to play back row aswell we could still do with another quality prop for next year.
Probably do with another outside back also unless Crooks is coming back.

DP must be happy with - jsl millo cook Patrick Gadwin maher douglas back up at prop Massey fozz junior

Outside backs - Shenny Webster Wardle gill minikin egodo Eden Jy (monners & crooks yet to be sorted)

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 Aug 2017, 21:01

Walmsley/Burgess/Hill (the "wow" signing English player has to be one of those 3 IMO)
McShane
Millington
McMeeken
Sene-Lefao
Milner

Moors
Tagataese
Cook
Wardle

...That would be a damn formidable pack.

That leaves the likes of Springer, Patrick, Maher, Douglas, Oli Holmes, Foster and Massey all as QUALITY backup ready to come in at the slightest drop of form or injury.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 22 Aug 2017, 21:13

I read about a week ago that Joe Wardle was the "wow" English forward because he plays back row and was born in Halifax. If thats the case then I doubt we will be getting any other forwards.

http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wardle-he ... ague-9227/

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 Aug 2017, 21:40

LeagueLeaders wrote:I read about a week ago that Joe Wardle was the "wow" English forward because he plays back row and was born in Halifax. If thats the case then I doubt we will be getting any other forwards.

In the official announcement Cas refer to him as Scottish international. Not that he's English.

Joe Wardle is also in no way a wow signing.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 22 Aug 2017, 22:47

Fair point. I was just going off of that. Plus, I really cant see us signing another forward when we already have plenty so when I saw that I assumed that it was accurate. Also, Joe Wardle has a decently good reputation so I wouldnt be suprised if they called him a wow signing. After all, Daryl has been interested in him for a while so they would hype it up a bit

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Aug 2017, 07:29

There's absolutely no way on Earth we are going to sign Walmsley/Burgess.

Money will be spent on solid players and retaining contracts. We will be losing Rangi (who will have been on a small contract), Crooks potentially (no guarantee yet) and Larroyer (who will have been on a small deal). Lynch will probably have the biggest deal

Monaghan I can see us keeping if the deal is right for another year. When you think that the above salaries come to around £250k, Wardle will probably take up £75-100k of that. Take out contract renewals and upgrades across the season including to likes of McMeeken and money starts to go down

I reckon we have probably got space for 1 more signing. Possibly two if someone becomes available like Larroyer. Really can't see too much change at Cas next season. Pretty much a similar squad for me.

Likes of Maher, Fitzsimmons, Douglas and Holmes are going to have to step up.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Aug 2017, 08:44

WOW FACTOR
How many of our players would have been described as possessing the wow factor when they arrived at Cas.
Perhaps Hardacre although he was not as good as when he won the Man of Steel.
Our visitor on the under nineteens post has a pop at us and plays down Webster.He's provided some wow moments this season.
The facts speak for themselves.LLS,most players in Dream team,a good representation in the England Squad,contenders for the MoS,leading the Albert Goldthorpe Medal table top try scorer,candidate for Coach of the Season.
Daryl is our WOW factor but who would have thought that when he arrived from Fev.
How many questioned Steve Gills appointment.
I cannot number the times this season how many times l have said or thought wow..
I only know that last Thursday when The Shield was raised aloft l looked upon those On the feild with a tear in my eye,a smile on my face and thought WOW WOW WOW.
So not sure whether Wardle is our Wow signing,he's certainly no slouch but if Daryl or Steve say he's the one it will do for me.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Aug 2017, 08:48

If monners signs for another year that would give us cover in the backs hes let no one down this season ...i think we need a good prop i wouldnt move jsl ..lynch retiring some question marks over gadwin and i dont think maher will ever be super league standard
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 23 Aug 2017, 09:17

TheSheriff wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:I read about a week ago that Joe Wardle was the "wow" English forward because he plays back row and was born in Halifax. If thats the case then I doubt we will be getting any other forwards.

In the official announcement Cas refer to him as Scottish international. Not that he's English.

Joe Wardle is also in no way a wow signing.
So who is the "wow" signing Steve refereed to or was this a bad choice of words ?

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 23 Aug 2017, 10:06

I will be v surprised if there is not one more signing. I believe negotiations are under way with another forward. I reckon that may be it though. Unless someone becomes available with v reasonable wage demands I think Wardle +1 will be our recruitment for next year.