garry lo

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: garry lo

Post by Oldcasman » 25 Sep 2017, 12:31

SWISS TONY!! wrote:So I'm assuming Gary Lo, a png international is a player who is quota/non fed ? So that's a fringe player (hitchcox ) and a player that will probably loaned out most of the time next year at least as part of our overseas quota. Just think we aren't using them correctly. Not saying that Lo won't make a good player in the coming years but we have a lot of promise that needs work to prosper
Got to agree we seem to by signing fringe players that are being loaned out when we should be signing players that can step up right away,I think the hull match showed how good the fringe players are, and as a example how long have we been persevering with Mayer I have yet to see him shine in any game I have watched that he has played in, 1 player out of 4 signed that will go straight into the team is not enough but then again it's only my opinion

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 25 Sep 2017, 12:51

The fringe players were all thrown in together so we're never really going to compete.a fringe player to me is someone who fills a place when a first teamer is missing.like jy Hitchcock,larryoer,foster(now a regular)trueman.and they haven't done too bad have they?my thoughts of the signings so far is that DP feels that lo,Clarke and especially wardle can push for first team opportunities and why not under his and his staffs coaching.fed up of hearing on here and social media the same things,Friday showed our fringe players aren't good enough,why haven't we signed him,why we signed him.we need this we need that.weve just won the league by 10 points and 80mins at home from old Trafford I've got a sneaky feeling DP might know what he's doing.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 25 Sep 2017, 13:15

Scoopage wrote:The fringe players were all thrown in together so we're never really going to compete.a fringe player to me is someone who fills a place when a first teamer is missing.like jy Hitchcock,larryoer,foster(now a regular)trueman.and they haven't done too bad have they?my thoughts of the signings so far is that DP feels that lo,Clarke and especially wardle can push for first team opportunities and why not under his and his staffs coaching.fed up of hearing on here and social media the same things,Friday showed our fringe players aren't good enough,why haven't we signed him,why we signed him.we need this we need that.weve just won the league by 10 points and 80mins at home from old Trafford I've got a sneaky feeling DP might know what he's doing.
If you don't like reading other people's views and opinions then don't read them but people are entitled to their views as you are yours, i remember last years injury list and I am afraid that if that happens again we are not going to have the players to step up and stop us sliding down the league again

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 25 Sep 2017, 13:26

Oldcasman wrote:
Scoopage wrote:The fringe players were all thrown in together so we're never really going to compete.a fringe player to me is someone who fills a place when a first teamer is missing.like jy Hitchcock,larryoer,foster(now a regular)trueman.and they haven't done too bad have they?my thoughts of the signings so far is that DP feels that lo,Clarke and especially wardle can push for first team opportunities and why not under his and his staffs coaching.fed up of hearing on here and social media the same things,Friday showed our fringe players aren't good enough,why haven't we signed him,why we signed him.we need this we need that.weve just won the league by 10 points and 80mins at home from old Trafford I've got a sneaky feeling DP might know what he's doing.
If you don't like reading other people's views and opinions then don't read them but people are entitled to their views as you are yours, i remember last years injury list and I am afraid that if that happens again we are not going to have the players to step up and stop us sliding down the league again
That injury list last season was a freak.what do people want a 26 man squad all of fantastic quality?it isn't going to happen.we have a cap to stay under.didnt mean to disrespect your opinion just don't know what people expect

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 25 Sep 2017, 14:08

In terms of salary, one thing I imagine we all forget is that some players have a sliding scale in their contract, or so I'm lead to believe. This means they earn more in their second and third year of a contract as it can help transition out high earners, which would bump up our salary cap a little I'm sure. I also would assume that we have increased the contracts for players who recently re-negotiated deals and extensions, such as Mike McMeeken and our previous "project players" who are now nearer to the "star player" category and will therefore be getting a fair bit more than their previous deal.

All that said, I'd really like to see one more top level, proven at the highest grade prop forward brought in, and then I'd be relatively happy with recruitment personally. But I do trust that what Daryl wants will be the right decision - I had doubts over this side before the season started, and he has proved me and anyone else wrong with the results so far!

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 26 Sep 2017, 19:21

We made wholesale changes and Hull had something to play for. Always going to be difficult in that respect. But all teams need squad players that can step in, no club will have the luxury of superstar back up players. It's all about the squad and work ethic.

Long live the Tigers!!!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 26 Sep 2017, 19:50

da_jimbob_7 wrote:We made wholesale changes and Hull had something to play for. Always going to be difficult in that respect. But all teams need squad players that can step in, no club will have the luxury of superstar back up players. It's all about the squad and work ethic.

It works when one or two come in at a time, completely agree it's so difficult when it's a completely different side. A great example for me this year is Regan Grace. He wouldn't have expected any more than 2/3 games this year, one injury he takes his chance and now Adam Swift can't get in the team. That's exactly what you want in your squad. Greg Eden could get a injury round 1 and miss a few weeks, Garry Lo takes his place becomes a instant hit and before you know it Greg hasn't played the rest of the year. All about the squad players taking their chance When given it.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 30 Sep 2017, 17:43

scored all 3 of sheffields trys today

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 30 Sep 2017, 17:54

He dose sound like a carney type , in there game against batley he got sinbin on 31 mins , try 43 mins try 47 mins lol

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 30 Sep 2017, 18:57

Can definitely see minikin under pressure
Audacter Et Sincere

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 30 Sep 2017, 19:01

Mysterio wrote:Can definitely see minikin under pressure

Garry Lo has played every game for Sheffield on the left wing. Minikin was exceptional under the high ball and his work rate and carries was exceptional.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 30 Sep 2017, 20:20

Casmoley wrote:

Garry Lo has played every game for Sheffield on the left wing. Minikin was exceptional under the high ball and his work rate and carries was exceptional.
Lo looks like he has a decent left to right pass on him, could be worked on to give right centre cover for Webster if needed too. He looks like he has a decent skillset to me for a winger

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 30 Sep 2017, 22:59

derbystiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Lo looks like he has a decent left to right pass on him, could be worked on to give right centre cover for Webster if needed too. He looks like he has a decent skillset to me for a winger
Surly the alternative to Webster will be Joe Wardle, I can’t for the life of me see him playing in the back row given the amount of forwards we have, I know Nathan Brown’s played him st second row for Newcastle this year, but we’re not short of back row forwards

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 01 Oct 2017, 22:10

I think Wardle will take Webster spot with Jake on the bench or vice versa sometimes.

I think Lo will push minikin all the way, somebody below mentioned left wing;'it means very very little as to which side IMHO.
Audacter Et Sincere

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 02 Oct 2017, 10:15

Totally agree Mysterio , left and right isnt really an issue for wingers . Its not like playing centre where a good , accurate passing game is crucial and the difference between a try or not.