Jamie Ellis has signed on

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jamie Ellis has signed on

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Oct 2017, 19:18

Is this the same Jamie Ellis who Powell over looked at half back and preffered Finn and Sneyd and only used to get a game off the bench as an interchange hooker?

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 18 Oct 2017, 19:28

overlooked,he left to huddersfield ?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 Oct 2017, 20:24

Sharlotiger wrote:Is this the same Jamie Ellis who Powell over looked at half back and preffered Finn and Sneyd and only used to get a game off the bench as an interchange hooker?
That's exactly how it was pal.
Audacter Et Sincere

Binman7000

Post by Binman7000 » 18 Oct 2017, 20:40

Faith in Powell!

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 18 Oct 2017, 21:01

Binman7000 wrote:Faith in Powell!
Yeah. I dont feel he will disappoint but I feel like he wont be very impressive either. We have won the league, got to the final and have a few players in the world cup squads. Now we need to keep improving and picking up better players is a huge part of that. I just feel like, unless Powell brings something great out of him, he wont really improve our team. Just think, he plays the same positions as Tom Holmes and Jake Trueman, would you really pick him over them?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 18 Oct 2017, 21:07

LeagueLeaders wrote:
Yeah. I dont feel he will disappoint but I feel like he wont be very impressive either. We have won the league, got to the final and have a few players in the world cup squads. Now we need to keep improving and picking up better players is a huge part of that. I just feel like, unless Powell brings something great out of him, he wont really improve our team. Just think, he plays the same positions as Tom Holmes and Jake Trueman, would you really pick him over them?

I'd pick him over Tom Holmes since he's a Fev player.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 18 Oct 2017, 21:10

Casmoley wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:

Oh wow, didnt know he had signed for them haha. Well would you pick him over Jake Trueman? And if you would, is he really that much of an improvement that he is worth buying?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 18 Oct 2017, 21:14

LeagueLeaders wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:

Oh wow, didnt know he had signed for them haha. Well would you pick him over Jake Trueman? And if you would, is he really that much of an improvement that he is worth buying?

Trueman is without doubt a talent and will be our future. But he's 19 and has played 2 games.. Ellis has experience at this level. If Roberts is going to be full back Trueman would still be back up like he would of been If it was just Roberts and Gale.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 18 Oct 2017, 22:51

LeagueLeaders wrote:
But it's a salary capped sport. We can just go out and buy / pay for half a dozen better players than we have now

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 18 Oct 2017, 23:43

lidds wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:
But it's a salary capped sport. We can just go out and buy / pay for half a dozen better players than we have now
Exactly, salary 'capped'. We can only spend so much and I feel it would be better put towards someone we need like a fullback or a prop

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Oct 2017, 02:37

LeagueLeaders wrote:
The strange thing is that at the beginning of that season the 'name' half back we brought in was Brett Seymour who was expected to start with Ellis with the back ups being the relatively unknown Sneyd and Finn who was viewed by many as Championship standard.
As has so often proved the case Powell demonstrated that he knew more than us keyboard experts. You never know , he might manage to prove he knows more than us again. Fingers crossed!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Oct 2017, 07:23

The ellis signing has give powell another option now
Option 1
1.eden 6.roberts 7.gale

Option 2
1.roberts 6.ellis 7.gale

I stil think powell will go with option 1 and try to tame edens mistakes but if it doesn't work then move to option 2
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Binman7000

Post by Binman7000 » 19 Oct 2017, 08:28

LeagueLeaders wrote:
I don’t think we should have got rid of Tom Holmes to be fair, he always impressed me when he got his chance.

I think Ellis won’t set the world on fire but he’s a decent squad player, he could cover SO, SH, Hooker and even loose. I will still be deeply dissatisfied if we don’t go for a full back and some props. And god forbid if we sell Gale...

Binman7000

Post by Binman7000 » 19 Oct 2017, 08:30

LeagueLeaders wrote:
lidds wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:
Exactly, salary 'capped'. We can only spend so much and I feel it would be better put towards someone we need like a fullback or a prop

Can’t argue with this comment

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Oct 2017, 08:46

jackknife wrote:The ellis signing has give powell another option now
Option 1
1.eden 6.roberts 7.gale

Option 2
1.roberts 6.ellis 7.gale

I stil think powell will go with option 1 and try to tame edens mistakes but if it doesn't work then move to option 2
Doubt it very much

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Oct 2017, 09:14

Can't imagine Ellis being on more than t Holmes & Rangi combined. Trueman & McClelland will be on junior wages for now too. So we actually may well have profited.

Who knows.
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Oct 2017, 09:53

There is to much of a gap between gale/Roberts to Trueman /mclleland. Tom Holmes was in between but is not half the player ellis is. Jamie has performed well at championship level and had many sl games under his belt. An astute signing for me and not on mega bucks.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 19 Oct 2017, 16:58

If we have loads left in our salary cap then he isnt a bad signing but if we are far into it then I dont think he was a good choice. Does anybody know how far into the salary cap we are?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Oct 2017, 17:10

LeagueLeaders wrote:Does anybody know how far into the salary cap we are?
No but everyone will have a guess!!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Oct 2017, 17:51

mart0042 wrote:There is to much of a gap between gale/Roberts to Trueman /mclleland. Tom Holmes was in between but is not half the player ellis is. Jamie has performed well at championship level and had many sl games under his belt. An astute signing for me and not on mega bucks.
Trueman is clearly well thought of but this actually gives him an opportunity to go test himself out against men week in, week out at Championship level.

We're looking to be partnering with Halifax so could we see him on a season-long loan with return clause, along with the likes of Gill, Maher and Egodo on dual reg?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!