James’s Green

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: James’s Green

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Nov 2017, 08:26

Its a salary caped sport teams can go from being bottom four one season to top four next i think wire with agar and smith gone will do well under there new coach and anybody thinking because cas were clear at top last season means there nailed on top four this are kidding themselves
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 01 Nov 2017, 09:42

Jonny1975 wrote:So we've dropped from Tom Burgess , Walmsley & Tagataese to Mitch Clark & James Green, if so we'll be no where nr top 4 .
Tom Burgess contracted until 2019 was rumour was prob bull. Maybe it will happen after then if we are even interested or if he wants to come back to UK.

Walmsley was it ever a real possibility, i suspect not

Tagataese was it ever a real possibility ?

so we haven't dropped from anybody

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 01 Nov 2017, 15:06

tigerfeat wrote:Its a salary caped sport teams can go from being bottom four one season to top four next i think wire with agar and smith gone will do well under there new coach and anybody thinking because cas were clear at top last season means there nailed on top four this are kidding themselves
While I don't think we'll ever do as well as last season again (prove me wrong boys!) and that other teams will improve, I think believing that 4 teams will overtake us from last season is very pessimistic and does the boys a discredit when they performed above and beyond anyone else last year.

For me, Saints will improve considerably from last season and Hull and Leeds will in or around there (though I do think Leeds, like us, were the benefactors of other teams being bad).

The top five for me will definitely include: Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Cas, Hull and I think the last 3 places are open between Warrington, Huddersfield, Wakefield. I think Huddersfield and Warrington will improve at the expense of Salford and Wakefield.

I see a bottom 4 of Salford, Catalans, Hull KR/Wakefield and Widnes
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 01 Nov 2017, 15:53

I think we will finish 5th or 6th myself.too many people on here seem to be accepting of the mediocrity we are being linked to.i keep hearing would be a good squad addition or he's over 6 foot/16st and garbage like that.these players like green,aston and the likes of clark that we have signed are pretty much bang average to low end players that the likes of hull kr have deemed not worthy of a place.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Nov 2017, 16:17

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Its a salary caped sport teams can go from being bottom four one season to top four next i think wire with agar and smith gone will do well under there new coach and anybody thinking because cas were clear at top last season means there nailed on top four this are kidding themselves
While I don't think we'll ever do as well as last season again (prove me wrong boys!) and that other teams will improve, I think believing that 4 teams will overtake us from last season is very pessimistic and does the boys a discredit when they performed above and beyond anyone else last year.

For me, Saints will improve considerably from last season and Hull and Leeds will in or around there (though I do think Leeds, like us, were the benefactors of other teams being bad).

The top five for me will definitely include: Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Cas, Hull and I think the last 3 places are open between Warrington, Huddersfield, Wakefield. I think Huddersfield and Warrington will improve at the expense of Salford and Wakefield.

I see a bottom 4 of Salford, Catalans, Hull KR/Wakefield and Widnes
Oh i think cas can finish top four have a chance in c.c and getting to old trafford a lot for me depends on what happens at full back and wether we bring in a good prop forward or not but its still a strong squad weve got
Vince Lombardi

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 01 Nov 2017, 18:19

Do not underestimate Waki .Why would you think they will be bottom 4.Kept same squad as last season for consistency and v good new recruits

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 01 Nov 2017, 18:52

Dez wrote:Do not underestimate Waki .Why would you think they will be bottom 4.Kept same squad as last season for consistency and v good new recruits
I think like Salford, Leeds and ourselves, they overperformed because Wigan and Wire underperformed for large parts of the season.
If those two improve back towards the top six it will be Wakey and Salford who will fall down IMO. They don't have the budget to compete. I think Wakey are a top 8 side at the moment but I don't think they are strong enough to be top 4.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 01 Nov 2017, 22:55

What are we seeing in these players shown the door by Hull K.R?. If a guy with Tim Sheen's experience can't see top flight players in Clark,Green & to a lesser extent Ellis, are we expecting Powell to work miracle's again?

The magic touch won't last forever...the Wardle signing aside i am slightly underwhelmed with the new signings. Out of interest how many of the new signings are Craig Harrison's players?

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 02 Nov 2017, 00:52

James Green, relegated two seasons running. Jonah has got nothing on this guy went it comes to plummeting downwards. Bang average on his best days, if this is the level we are aiming for then i hope everyone enjoyed the highs of this year as it is a return to normal next season.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 Nov 2017, 02:00

HuddsTigers wrote:
Dez wrote:Do not underestimate Waki .Why would you think they will be bottom 4.Kept same squad as last season for consistency and v good new recruits
I think like Salford, Leeds and ourselves, they overperformed because Wigan and Wire underperformed for large parts of the season.
If those two improve back towards the top six it will be Wakey and Salford who will fall down IMO. They don't have the budget to compete. I think Wakey are a top 8 side at the moment but I don't think they are strong enough to be top 4.
We didn't overperform
We played a different brand of rugby and it took most of the other coaches at least 75% of the season to catch up
Our brand of rugby may possibly have been sussed towards the back end but there was no overperformance involved

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Nov 2017, 08:07

Wardles a good player no doubt about that the other signings or names been menitioned as signings have either not been playing or playing in the championship i put on here last year were hoping powell remains a miracle worker and we duly won the league by a record margin lets hope he keeps working the oracle with the players were signing
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 02 Nov 2017, 09:15

The Firm wrote:James Green, relegated two seasons running. Jonah has got nothing on this guy went it comes to plummeting downwards. Bang average on his best days, if this is the level we are aiming for then i hope everyone enjoyed the highs of this year as it is a return to normal next season.
Have to agree sadly. The need for a good,big starting prop has so far been ignored. We have lost the best full back in the league and at the moment looks like we are moving our stand off to replace him, who in turn is replaced by a player who last time at the club did his best work at sub hooker. Expect to see the ball whizzing into the advertising hoardings rather than the hands a fair few times in attack this coming season.

Get your pray mat's out folks and hope the rest of the 1st team don't get injuries.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 02 Nov 2017, 09:23

tigerfeat wrote:Wardles a good player no doubt about that the other signings or names been menitioned as signings have either not been playing or playing in the championship i put on here last year were hoping powell remains a miracle worker and we duly won the league by a record margin lets hope he keeps working the oracle with the players were signing
Law of averages says we will have some misses. Steve Crossley anyone?, Ryan Bailey was a waste of a squad number,was Ben Crooks a good signing?. We as a club were fortunate with the players we got from London...we aren't always going to be so lucky.