Hardaker

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Hardaker

Post by LeagueLeaders » 21 Nov 2017, 19:17

Anybody heard anything yet?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Hardaker

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Dec 2017, 12:04

got teld wigan made him a good offer but hes staying at cas
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 Dec 2017, 13:51

tigerfeat wrote:got teld wigan made him a good offer but hes staying at cas
Officially Wigan can’t approach because of 1, his suspension and 2, they’d have to ask permission to speak to him, and, I know they haven’t done that. I wouldn’t put it past those pie eating scum to try under hand tactics though, it’d, be typical of them.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Dec 2017, 14:00

Yep somebody will have had a word testing out water
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Dec 2017, 14:04

If that rumour is correct would that suggest that Wigan don't think that Hardaker is going to get a ban?

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 13 Dec 2017, 16:34

JIN JER wrote:If that rumour is correct would that suggest that Wigan don't think that Hardaker is going to get a ban?

If so then i would love to see him stay at cas and earn the team and fans respect back by playin well on the field and not run of to another club

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Dec 2017, 18:19

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Dec 2017, 18:48

Tigerade wrote:Update from the club on ZH here :-

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-8908563
Don’t really say much tbh, nothing we don’t know.
No decision can be made until his ban is known.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 15 Jan 2018, 15:55

I have just heard something similar about Wigan. They have made him an offer but he has turned them down. Toronto have offered him a deal that see's him get paid what he is on now whist he is banned (if that is allowed ??). I recon he will end up a Toronto.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 15 Jan 2018, 21:05

Well i hope none of these are true and hope he sticks by the clubs like the club is standing by him and repay them back fpr whats happend.hel not be the same player under a different coach.dp gets the best out of him

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Jan 2018, 21:22

Tigerade wrote:
I have just heard something similar about Wigan. They have made him an offer but he has turned them down. Toronto have offered him a deal that see's him get paid what he is on now whist he is banned (if that is allowed ??). I recon he will end up a Toronto.
Wigan or somebody acting for them offered something the same wether it was as much as toronto i dont know
i think he will stay at cas mesen
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Jan 2018, 00:46

tigerfeat wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Wigan or somebody acting for them offered something the same wether it was as much as toronto i dont know
i think he will stay at cas mesen
If someone wants to pay him full salary for sitting on his ar5e doing nowt for the next 2 years then let them buy his contract out and have him (just buying his contract out for the 2 years he can play will recoup our money and then some). If the offer was on the table and I was in Steve Gills position I’d take the money and ZH wouldn’t have any say in it. I dont know what he’s on a year, but even at 100 grand (I’d guess a lot more though) we’d be 50 grand up on him selling his 2 remaining years. Off the wage bill, off the cap and a few quid made. Job done.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 16 Jan 2018, 11:00

If someone wants to pay him full salary for sitting on his ar5e doing nowt for the next 2 years then let them buy his contract out and have him (just buying his contract out for the 2 years he can play will recoup our money and then some). If the offer was on the table and I was in Steve Gills position I’d take the money and ZH wouldn’t have any say in it. I dont know what he’s on a year, but even at 100 grand (I’d guess a lot more though) we’d be 50 grand up on him selling his 2 remaining years. Off the wage bill, off the cap and a few quid made. Job done.
That would be a good bit of business but I don't think we are in the driving seat on this one. Wigan (or Toronto) will want him for next to nothing. We are lumbered with a player on a huge contract who looks likely to be getting a 2 year ban from the sport. As it is now - we are stuck with the problem - not them. It's like the Justin Carney scenario all over again. The buying club hold the upper hand.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Jan 2018, 13:51

Tigerade wrote:
That would be a good bit of business but I don't think we are in the driving seat on this one. Wigan (or Toronto) will want him for next to nothing. We are lumbered with a player on a huge contract who looks likely to be getting a 2 year ban from the sport. As it is now - we are stuck with the problem - not them. It's like the Justin Carney scenario all over again. The buying club hold the upper hand.
Perez may think its an investment for the future. I agree the buyer holds all the aces and can't see Wigan wanting to part with a penny. Toronto, on the other hand, just might. The post was a little 'wishful thinking' to be honest, hence the 'if the offer was on the table' comment. Having thought about it a little more though, Perez doesn't seem to mind spending 'investment money', and they are aiming to be in SL by the time ZH's potential ban is up. Stranger things have happened :pray:

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 16 Jan 2018, 14:13

Agreed - If Perez wants to part with some serious cash we should take it. Of course Zak would have to want to go to Toronto but from what I have heard he is open to offers.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Jan 2018, 14:21

Tigerade wrote:Agreed - If Perez wants to part with some serious cash we should take it. Of course Zak would have to want to go to Toronto but from what I have heard he is open to offers.
Unless we sack him or release him, he isn't open to anything. He's a Cas employee.

I just hope we find out what is gale of and then we can plan and move on. Until then we are stuck

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Jan 2018, 15:20

mart0042 wrote:
Tigerade wrote:Agreed - If Perez wants to part with some serious cash we should take it. Of course Zak would have to want to go to Toronto but from what I have heard he is open to offers.
Unless we sack him or release him, he isn't open to anything. He's a Cas employee.

I just hope we find out what is gale of and then we can plan and move on. Until then we are stuck
Unless we have given him permission to speak to other people?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Jan 2018, 16:38

I don’t think he could be paid by anyone.
During the ban, I don’t believe he can be employed by a club. Paying him immediately makes him an employee, even if the payment is only considered as some kind of ‘retainer’.
No club would be daft enough to risk non-compliance with a WADA ruling.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Jan 2018, 16:42

nottinghamtiger wrote:I don’t think he could be paid by anyone.
During the ban, I don’t believe he can be employed by a club. Paying him immediately makes him an employee, even if the payment is only considered as some kind of ‘retainer’.
There are ways around anything as far as hiding numbers are concerned. Perez could employ him privately as his cleaner at home

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Jan 2018, 19:03

derbystiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:I don’t think he could be paid by anyone.
There are ways around anything as far as hiding numbers are concerned. Perez could employ him privately as his cleaner at home
Absolutely not. WADA have very stringent rules that suspended players and clubs have to adhere to, and not doing so can have very serious consequences for both. Just to recap the rules:

“During a period of Ineligibility individuals shall not be permitted to participate in any capacity in a Competition, Event or other activity (other than authorised anti-doping education or rehabilitation programmes) organised, convened or authorised by:
• the RFL or any body that is a member of, or affiliated to, or licensed by the RFL;
• any Signatory;
• any club or other body that is a member of, or affiliated to, or licensed by, a Signatory or a
Signatory’s member organisation;
• any professional league or any international or national-level Event organisation; or
• any elite or national-level sporting activity funded by a governmental agency.”

He can’t be employed by anyone directly associated with any club that is a member of the RFL, nor and organisation affiliated to any club.
The word ‘affiliated’ is a bit murky, but I think a club would be making a big mistake if he worked for a sponsor too. They are deemed to be affiliates for salary-cap purposes (although they are RFL regulations rather than WADA ones) and sponsors cannot make direct payments to players (as Salford found out in the case with Tony Puletua). It woud be hard to argue that a company that provides sponsorship to a club is not ‘affiliated’ to the club simply through the commercial agreement between them. It would also be hard to argue that the club had not “organised, convened or authorised” this to happen.
If he’s banned, WADA have more or less made sure he cannot he paid by any organition, or one of their affiliates, during his suspension.
It would be a massive risk for any club to even try it. WADA have the power to ban nations from competitions. To them a rugby league club is small fry.