Are we expecting anyone else in?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Re: Are we expecting anyone else in?

Post by Tigerwood posse » 30 Nov 2017, 16:05

We need to go and buy Nial Evalds, we've got the money, do we actually have any ambition or are Cas going to just cash in on last year like we have done when we've had any type of success before?? i think the answer is YES, that's exactly what we are going to do ](*,) ](*,)

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Nov 2017, 16:10

Zak is still employed by the club. We are paying the squad we have now up to the salary cap - same as 2016 and 2017. Without releasing Zak we have no room to manoeuvre for any new signings. Until we know what is happening with Zak we cannot go for anyone. It's alright having the cash - but how can we fit such as Evards under the cap ?

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerwood posse » 30 Nov 2017, 16:12

Tigerade, how do you know we are definitely up to the cap? do you know this for a fact??

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 30 Nov 2017, 16:25

laner wrote:
Tigerade wrote:Not expecting anyone else for 2018. We have plenty of players who can play full-back.
Such as ? What is it with the Cas club they get themselves in a great position like the season just gone which they have also done in the past then apart from Wardle they sign players who are going to have to improve to warrant selection, a good prop is required but as there are not any available in the UK overseas search would have been the answer but its said the quota is full now .As for the problem with Zack thats no fault of the club but when rumours news paper quotes are flying around of the adding of more players that are being released by there clubs maybe a bargain could be picked up but not all of them and as for the Aston rumour that makes me think why him, come on those in charge at Cas you know whats required if you want to move forward and get better words being spoken by those in charge lets see it happen better signings required

Quote wasn't full originally was it. Haven't Clark and Lo filled it up.

Presume clark is the good prop to replace Lynch ..........

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Nov 2017, 16:28

Tigerwood posse wrote:Tigerade, how do you know we are definitely up to the cap? do you know this for a fact??
Since 2015 we have been operating at "slightly" under the cap in the event that we might make a signing during the season - like we did with Gadwin Springer in 2016. I get the accounts - I'm a shareholder.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerwood posse » 30 Nov 2017, 17:00

cheers Tigerade, thats fair enough.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Nov 2017, 17:17

Tigerade wrote:Zak is still employed by the club. We are paying the squad we have now up to the salary cap - same as 2016 and 2017. Without releasing Zak we have no room to manoeuvre for any new signings. Until we know what is happening with Zak we cannot go for anyone. It's alright having the cash - but how can we fit such as Evards under the cap ?
Marquee!!!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 30 Nov 2017, 18:50

Fumper27 wrote:
Tigerade wrote:Zak is still employed by the club. We are paying the squad we have now up to the salary cap - same as 2016 and 2017. Without releasing Zak we have no room to manoeuvre for any new signings. Until we know what is happening with Zak we cannot go for anyone. It's alright having the cash - but how can we fit such as Evards under the cap ?
Marquee!!!
Please watch your language, this is a family friendly forum
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Nov 2017, 21:19

Marquee!!!
A possibility yes. We could put Gale in as our marquee player and free up some cap space to get a couple of players in i suppose although it would go against our philosophy and voting choice regarding the MP rule.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 30 Nov 2017, 22:11

I don’t agree with the standing still theory.in past years I agree we have but don’t think we have this year.before when we “stood still”not only did we not sign proven quality we lost our best players.this is not the case this year.apart from hardaker which is out of our control we haven’t lost our best players and we’ve signed a cracker in wardle and what looks like a very promising winger in Lo.im personally Happy with recruitment and the squad,I’m praying for good news regards Zak but not holding my breath but think we have enough to cover the loss.roll on 2018

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Dec 2017, 00:42

Yes, he is still employed, but can I ask why we would be paying him? He is currently banned and so unable to do his job. Surely that would mean that he would be suspended without pay pending investigation?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 01 Dec 2017, 01:04

derbystiger wrote:
Yes, he is still employed, but can I ask why we would be paying him? He is currently banned and so unable to do his job. Surely that would mean that he would be suspended without pay pending investigation?
Employment law - anyone suspended under investigation had to be paid (innocent until proven guilty).

Unpaid suspension can only be applied once investigation is complete and a breach of contract proven

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Dec 2017, 01:23

SuffolkTiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
Employment law - anyone suspended under investigation had to be paid (innocent until proven guilty).

Unpaid suspension can only be applied once investigation is complete and a breach of contract proven
Thats what confuses me. I'm aware of employment law, but surely a positive drugs test and a ban from a world wide organisation says he's guilty, and so don't have to pay him. If I did a random alcohol or drug test with one of my employees and they test positive for either I could sack them on the spot.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Dec 2017, 09:12

I don't know if you could sack them in the spot you would have to suspend them at first on full pay until you can call them in for a disaplinary hearing as there could be extenuating circumstances. Some prescription medicines can cause you to fail a drugs test as can eating a massive amount of poppy seeds. And mouth wash can cause you to blow over in a breath test for alcohol. The only way you could sack someone on the spot is if you catch them in the act of something that classes as gross misconduct with another independent witness.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 01 Dec 2017, 09:15

Zak has got a meeting today with DP and Steve Gill.
No idea what it will be about, but my dad was talking to him on Wednesday at Wetherby races. He said he has had no contact from anyone regarding a ban.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 01 Dec 2017, 10:51

He isn't banned by anyone yet.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 01 Dec 2017, 10:53

takethetwo wrote:Zak has got a meeting today with DP and Steve Gill.
No idea what it will be about, but my dad was talking to him on Wednesday at Wetherby races. He said he has had no contact from anyone regarding a ban.
Maybe now they have the written evidence and can deal with it. The original information came from a phone call if I'm not mistaken. Maybe now they can deal with it and we'll get an idea what we are doing.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 01 Dec 2017, 19:08

mart0042 wrote:
Maybe now they have the written evidence and can deal with it. The original information came from a phone call if I'm not mistaken. Maybe now they can deal with it and we'll get an idea what we are doing.
As far as I'm aware DP is still in Aus...

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Dec 2017, 19:21

sirocco7 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
As far as I'm aware DP is still in Aus...
DP is back over here.
He turned the Xmas lights on in Ferrybridge yesterday or day before.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 01 Dec 2017, 19:47

laner wrote:
Tigerade wrote:Not expecting anyone else for 2018. We have plenty of players who can play full-back.
Such as ? What is it with the Cas club they get themselves in a great position like the season just gone which they have also done in the past then apart from Wardle they sign players who are going to have to improve to warrant selection, a good prop is required but as there are not any available in the UK overseas search would have been the answer but its said the quota is full now .As for the problem with Zack thats no fault of the club but when rumours news paper quotes are flying around of the adding of more players that are being released by there clubs maybe a bargain could be picked up but not all of them and as for the Aston rumour that makes me think why him, come on those in charge at Cas you know whats required if you want to move forward and get better words being spoken by those in charge lets see it happen better signings required
We’re pretty much maxed our salary cap, where, do you suggest we get the money from?
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.