Jowitt on loan

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Jowitt on loan

Post by caslad69 » 06 Feb 2018, 18:39

Heard from a good source that cas have signed max jowitt on loan to cover the full back spot. Really dissapointed in the level of planning by our club. After one game we seem to have run out of ideas as to what is happening at full back. Why oh why can’t we give the young lad Turner a go. I always thought that Cas has a club were a club who would give kids a chance. No wonder our head of youth left to go to Warrington. Looks like Trueman won’t get another chance, Turner no chance to shine as it looks like Roberts back to 6 .

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Jowitt on loan

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 06 Feb 2018, 19:19

caslad69 wrote:Heard from a good source that cas have signed max jowitt on loan to cover the full back spot. Really dissapointed in the level of planning by our club. After one game we seem to have run out of ideas as to what is happening at full back. Why oh why can’t we give the young lad Turner a go. I always thought that Cas has a club were a club who would give kids a chance. No wonder our head of youth left to go to Warrington. Looks like Trueman won’t get another chance, Turner no chance to shine as it looks like Roberts back to 6 .
I very much doubt this.

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 06 Feb 2018, 19:37

We will see won’t we

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 06 Feb 2018, 19:53

caslad69 wrote:Heard from a good source that cas have signed max jowitt on loan to cover the full back spot. Really dissapointed in the level of planning by our club. After one game we seem to have run out of ideas as to what is happening at full back. Why oh why can’t we give the young lad Turner a go. I always thought that Cas has a club were a club who would give kids a chance. No wonder our head of youth left to go to Warrington. Looks like Trueman won’t get another chance, Turner no chance to shine as it looks like Roberts back to 6 .
Dont think they will give any young ones a chance now but why turner he is not even in the first team think eden might go back to fullback shame

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 06 Feb 2018, 20:19

Good news if so. Jowitt is a better full back then we have and SL experience.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 06 Feb 2018, 20:24

Trueman won't get another chance, why is that then?

He is unavailable this week due to concussion.

Turner maybe an option for 2019 and beyond. A year older in this development. I assume by then we will know the outcome of Zack stupidity

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Feb 2018, 22:10

Jowitt looks like he could make a very good full back and would be a good shout, but i cant see Wakefield lending him out as he is well up the pecking order over there

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 06 Feb 2018, 22:41

Not above grix he isnt

classysupercas1

Post by classysupercas1 » 06 Feb 2018, 23:39

This should have been sorted months ago. Its just ridiculous from a planning standpoint from cas. Very very poor. No loan signings, a permanent one for 2 years

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Feb 2018, 23:44

nothing on the wakey board about it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 07 Feb 2018, 10:25

If we was to loan a fullback then i would rather we bring in Ashton Goulding. Both he and Jowitt are young kids, but Ashton has more SL caps, comes from a better pedigree club. You'd think he'd want to play rugby more at the minute after being dropped for for a 19 year old, no doubt he'll want to impress.

But i am happy for Roberts to have a good solid month or so at fullback to get up to speed. Like the old saying goes, it's not how you start, it's how you finish, we have time to give him a run out.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 07 Feb 2018, 12:38

From what Ive been told, this is happening, initially on a month with a view to extending to the end of the season and then to make it permanent.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 07 Feb 2018, 13:01

He's a decent prospect, with good hands who link up well, but is a bit suspect when it comes to one-on-one last ditch tackling for me. That said he's better than anything we have on the books currently.
Although I can't see wakey standing in his; they will ultimately only do a deal that benefits them (I think Hooley is above him in the full back pecking order now & the coaching team have questioned his commitment in training).
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 07 Feb 2018, 13:14

StevieTheTV wrote:From what Ive been told, this is happening, initially on a month with a view to extending to the end of the season and then to make it permanent.
I'd be both gutted and surprised if this happened Stevie, he's a cracking prospect and Grix isn't getting any younger. I'd like to think Chester is allowing him to learn from Grix ready to step in as and when needed. Plus it would strengthen Cas's hand, not sure if MC would be that naive, then again he seems pretty matey with SG. But then again S Gill's gone to Salford hasn't he? :)

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 07 Feb 2018, 13:22

Better than a poke in t'eye...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 07 Feb 2018, 13:26

JIN JER wrote:
StevieTheTV wrote:From what Ive been told, this is happening, initially on a month with a view to extending to the end of the season and then to make it permanent.
I'd be both gutted and surprised if this happened Stevie, he's a cracking prospect and Grix isn't getting any younger. I'd like to think Chester is allowing him to learn from Grix ready to step in as and when needed. Plus it would strengthen Cas's hand, not sure if MC would be that naive, then again he seems pretty matey with SG. But then again S Gill's gone to Salford hasn't he? :)
When I got told it last night, i immediately dismissed it but the guy was adamant and he apparently knows Max.

Apparently the announcement will coincide with other news from the club.

Tawera Nikau = Legend

JJ
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JJ » 07 Feb 2018, 13:36

RL Journalist Aaron Bower has tweeted that there is no truth to this rumour....

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 07 Feb 2018, 14:14

Aaron bower is wrong ... it’s happening !

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 07 Feb 2018, 14:27

Apparently there is more to this story than meets the eye. I dont know what but it all seems very interesting.

Tawera Nikau = Legend

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Feb 2018, 14:34

Zak to wakey :hand:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi