Fullback options 2019?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Fullback options 2019?

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Apr 2018, 19:53

For me mead is a out and out fullback cant see him staying at catalans if tompkins arrives and most nrl teams have top full backs so id go for him without a doubt
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Apr 2018, 20:39

trueman reminds me very much of a young paul wellens and if he wants to I think he could mature into a top class full back. wonder if ash robson fancies coming back.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 29 Apr 2018, 20:42

lurcher wrote:trueman reminds me very much of a young paul wellens and if he wants to I think he could mature into a top class full back. wonder if ash robson fancies coming back.
I asked the question about Ash a while back mate, but it seems that he’ll only play part time now as needs to spend time with his business.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 29 Apr 2018, 21:38

Fumper27 wrote:David Mead when the Tomkins to Catalan deal is confirmed.
I heard David mead for next year

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Apr 2018, 23:44

derbystiger wrote:
lurcher wrote:trueman reminds me very much of a young paul wellens and if he wants to I think he could mature into a top class full back. wonder if ash robson fancies coming back.
I asked the question about Ash a while back mate, but it seems that he’ll only play part time now as needs to spend time with his business.
part time should be no problem as that's what alibi albi is doing at hull. :lol:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 30 Apr 2018, 00:44

lurcher wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
part time should be no problem as that's what alibi albi is doing at hull. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: harsh, but fair :lol:

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 30 Apr 2018, 06:35

Mead would be a great fit for us if for whatever reason he leaves catalans.i still don’t see what a lot of people see in evalds and would be slightly disappointed if that’s the best we could bring in.

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 30 Apr 2018, 07:34

Not overly keen on Jake Mamo either, had a couple of good games last year but spent most of the season in the stands injured. Having a quick look on the Huddersfield RLFans page, a lot of their fans are wanting Mamo out and don't rate him. Mead looks like a very handy player who could be tempted if Tomkins packs his bags and sun cream and heads to Southern France.

I'd stick with Trueman for now though, yes he isn't on Zak's level at FB, but how many are? He's starting to show glimpses and Friday was his best game whilst playing at the back. Once he has a better understand of the lines he needs to be running and pass selection, he could be a gem of a fullback.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 30 Apr 2018, 09:04

Don't like rumours and would generally not bother, but still hearing Zak could be back on the books when the dust has settled.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Apr 2018, 09:32

heritage1926 wrote:Don't like rumours and would generally not bother, but still hearing Zak could be back on the books when the dust has settled.
he blames cas for the way they treated him after he was suspended from playing so i would be surprised if that occurs
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 30 Apr 2018, 09:59

tigerfeat wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Don't like rumours and would generally not bother, but still hearing Zak could be back on the books when the dust has settled.
he blames cas for the way they treated him after he was suspended from playing so i would be surprised if that occurs
Maybe he does, but he's the architect here. It possibly cost SG his job, so I would imagine all is good.

As a club we made a decision and it's done. He can however show remorse and fight his way back. The club would help him I'm sure.

Alternatively, he can take the easy option and run but at some point he has to stop and take responsibility.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Apr 2018, 12:22

Show 'n' Go wrote:Not overly keen on Jake Mamo either, had a couple of good games last year but spent most of the season in the stands injured. Having a quick look on the Huddersfield RLFans page, a lot of their fans are wanting Mamo out and don't rate him. Mead looks like a very handy player who could be tempted if Tomkins packs his bags and sun cream and heads to Southern France.

I'd stick with Trueman for now though, yes he isn't on Zak's level at FB, but how many are? He's starting to show glimpses and Friday was his best game whilst playing at the back. Once he has a better understand of the lines he needs to be running and pass selection, he could be a gem of a fullback.
same here regarding mamo. I remember early in the season when we were trying benny there. he made one mistake and took some flak on here but that same week on the sl show mamo had a nightmare. mead looked great in the world cup but hasn't impressed me at catalan.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Apr 2018, 12:55

It's fairly straightforward for me; if we can't get anyone NOW we stick with Trueman and he'll develop into a very good full back, one who can provide that vital link in attack. The bonus is he can catch and doesn't seem to take a backward step in defence.

He's got a good 6 month to make the role his...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 30 Apr 2018, 13:14

The RFL have confirmed that Zak Hardaker has been hit with a 14 month ban, just been announced on Sky Sports News.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 30 Apr 2018, 21:06

Then once his bans up id have him back at cas.rather him play for us than have him play against us.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 01 May 2018, 20:52

Paul Wellens at his very best, Wouldn't shine in SL today. He was all about defence. A full back now is an extra stand off.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 May 2018, 21:31

Jarryd Hayne would send out a significant message.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 01 May 2018, 21:43

nottinghamtiger wrote:Jarryd Hayne would send out a significant message.

500k a year. you paying his wage?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 May 2018, 21:50

Casmoley wrote:

500k dollars, so half that straight away.
He’s off contract at the end of the year and he won’t earn another deal anywhere near that level. Partly due to his form and injuries, but also because of the damage done to his reputation as a result of the allegations that have been made against him (that I believe have been dismissed).

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 01 May 2018, 21:54

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

500k dollars, so half that straight away.
He’s off contract at the end of the year and he won’t earn another deal anywhere near that level. Partly due to his form and injuries, but also because of the damage done to his reputation as a result of the allegations that have been made against him (that I believe have been dismissed).

never going to happen.